Can resale buyers still purchase Tables In Wonderland?

One other thing to remember about TIW, is it becomes active as soon as you purchase it, not the first time it is used. We purchased ours at the International Gateway on our first day. Didn't take very long. We also had an AP, so I don't recall if we purchased it under the DVC card or the AP.

One other thing to remember about TIW, is it becomes active as soon as you purchase it, not the first time it is used. We purchased ours at the International Gateway on our first day. Didn't take very long. We also had an AP, so I don't recall if we purchased it under the DVC card or the AP.

Right, however if you call, you can request them to post-date the purchase date. They can generally process it 2-3 weeks prior to the activation date so you'll get it in the mail before your trip. Worked out very well for me. I ordered it sometime in June 2016 and asked for September 1st activation. They charged my credit card early-to-mid August, and I got the card in the mail valid 9/1/2016, expiring 9/30/2017.

Right, however if you call, you can request them to post-date the purchase date. They can generally process it 2-3 weeks prior to the activation date so you'll get it in the mail before your trip. Worked out very well for me. I ordered it sometime in June 2016 and asked for September 1st activation. They charged my credit card early-to-mid August, and I got the card in the mail valid 9/1/2016, expiring 9/30/2017.

Good to know. When I read about the card, I don't recall seeing that option. Only that it activated as soon as purchased. That may come in handy for next time when we renew.

Same price for DVC and AP. (And you know it's a great deal because they used an exclamation point TWICE...)

Join Tables in Wonderland now!
$175 for Florida Residents
$150 for Walt Disney World® Resort Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members
Add a second membership for your spouse or partner for only $50 more!

So... can anyone confirm if resale buyers can purchase TiW? Thanks!
I haven't seen anything definitive, but there's no notation on the TiW website, so I continue to expect all DVC members can purchase the card.

So... can anyone confirm if resale buyers can purchase TiW? Thanks!

We did last year. Not sure if buying DVC resale before or after the April 2016 date makes any difference for this (we purchased before that date).

We did last year. Not sure if buying DVC resale before or after the April 2016 date makes any difference for this (we purchased before that date).

If you bought prior to the April 2016 "cutoff", you qualify for the Membership Extras.

We'd need to hear from someone who only has points purchased after the cut off to know if the TiW perk is available to all DVC members or just those who have qualified points.

I thought the card had to be purchased at Guest Relations in a park or DTD? Buying over the phone would be so much easier.

I thought the card had to be purchased at Guest Relations in a park or DTD? Buying over the phone would be so much easier.
AP holders can purchase over he phone. DVC members must purchase in person. I've never heard about post-dating the purchase date. That's always been described as the reason for the strange expiration policy; ensuring you have the full duration even if it has to be mailed.

It does say on the TIW website now that when picking up must show a members card. So it would seem resale cannot get it, unless you get it posted out like mentioned.

Just call and purchase it over the phone. They'll mail it right to you. 407-566-5858

Contrary to what the web site says, it's not an issue.

Thanks! Our vacation begins December 1st so I'll try to remember to come back to this thread and follow up with you guys as to if resale can purchase TiW. Someone mentioned you have to show a card, but resale buyers can print their card from the website. Wouldn't that count as a card?

It may not matter, but we always purchase the TIW card at the park. Unlike an AP which becomes active only after you activate it, the date on the TIW card starts the day you purchase it. The timing of this can affet whether the card is still active for your next trip if you go frequently. Hope you enjoy the card as much as we have.

Just a follow up:
I called TiW today and explained I'm a resale DVC member wanting to purchase TiW. She said no problem and asked for my membership number. I was able to purchase the card over the phone with no issues.
And the TiW group ignores the rules and sells a DVC Member a TiW card over the phone. Only FL Residents or Annual Passholders are supposed to be able to purchase by phone.

How to Purchase
To purchase a Membership, please visit Guest Relations at any of the 4 Walt Disney World theme parks or at Disney Springs. Florida Residents and Annual Passholders may also purchase by phone by calling (407) 566-5858. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery when purchasing by phone.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/tables-in-wonderland/

i thought you had to have season passes to even buy the card? so if you have season passes what does it matter if you are resale or direct? are we just talking about the discount? i never realized you could purchase it if just a dvc member?

i thought you had to have season passes to even buy the card? so if you have season passes what does it matter if you are resale or direct? are we just talking about the discount? i never realized you could purchase it if just a dvc member?
Is started out many (many) years ago as a FL Resident program called the Disney Dining Experience. Eventually, it was opened up to Annual Passholders (at a discount) and then DVC Members (also discounted).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter