Can resale members purchase a TIW card?

Probably the 14th time I have posted this data... we need a sticky.

1) CALL: purchase by phone by calling (407) 566-5858. This is how one gets the REAL "Plastic Card" that all Servers LOVE. They tend to HATE those Tyvec Gate cards.... they fail to scan. Allow about 2 weeks for shipping. TIW can also EXPEDITE. We have DONE this, offered to pay for it - and TIW has used FEDEX, free of charge. I still don't get why they have never charged us :). But we generally get our card within four days.

2) CALCULATE: Want a 13 month card? CALL about the 3rd of the month PRIOR to the Month you desire expiration. Example:
"I want my card to work through my 2021 NOV trip." CALL, and buy Card, OCT 3 2020. Good NOV 2020, APR 2021, NOV 2021.
Yes, you WILL get your Superior PLASTIC card before that NOV 2020 trip. NEVER buy a TIW card at the END of a month :(.

3) DATA: DW and I have done exactly this for a solid 12 trips, twice per year. We HAVE a real Plastic TIW card, purchased OCT 3 2019, good through NOV 2020. Used this on our NOV 2019 trip. Good for our APR 2020 trip. Good for our NOV 2020 trip. We will buy a new one on MARCH 3, 2021 - Good for our APR 2021, NOV 2021, APR 2022 trips.

4) QUALIFICATIONS: Blue Card DVC owners. AP Holders. FL Residents. There is currently a "stink" regarding DVC Resale "owners" being qualified.

A NOTE: if Qualifying with an AP? That AP must be ACTIVE. No "Green Cards (will call)". You must have an ACTIVE AP. The good part? If your AP expires the day after you order? You STILL get TIW.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/tables-in-wonderland/
This should be a sticky!!!!!

Someone recently reported that the TIW do not have 13 months any longer. Maybe when you buy over phone they do because my understanding is that how it all started...to give people time to order it and get it in time.

We just bought TIW last week and it's still good for 13 months according to the person at GS that helped me purchase. Also I told them I have AP and DVC membership (resale puirchased post 1/19) and he used my DVC membership to complete the transaction.

We bought a TIW card a few years ago in the MK and it expired exactly 12 months later. But 13 months wouldn't have been any benefit to us.

I purchased my most recent TIW on January 9, 2020 in person at Guest Services in AK. My expiration is Feb 28, 2021. I just called TIW and asked if they could replace my Tkvek card with a plastic one and they will have it shipped out to me shortly. This is what I have done for the past couple years now as can get about 4 trips from each card so I like having the plastic one but don't want to worry about having to call in advance and worrying about it being shipped before the holidays since we always purchase in early January.

Someone recently reported that the TIW do not have 13 months any longer. Maybe when you buy over phone they do because my understanding is that how it all started...to give people time to order it and get it in time.
I bought mine on Thanksgiving day, 2019. Expiration is 12/31/20.
Bought at GS at International Gateway.

CM even pointed out that being it was Thanksgiving, it was not in effect today, so if I waited til 12/1 (which was that Sunday, so only giving up Friday and Saturday) that it would not expire until 1/31/31. Since I probably will not be visiting in 1/21, I didn't care, but it was pointed out and as of this past Thanksgiving, at GS it is still about 13 months

I purchased my most recent TIW on January 9, 2020 in person at Guest Services in AK. My expiration is Feb 28, 2021. I just called TIW and asked if they could replace my Tkvek card with a plastic one and they will have it shipped out to me shortly. This is what I have done for the past couple years now as can get about 4 trips from each card so I like having the plastic one but don't want to worry about having to call in advance and worrying about it being shipped before the holidays since we always purchase in early January.
Hey thxGillep... So if can purchase a TIW card in person at guest services and they will be able to give you a card (tyvek or plastic) right there on the spot, or do you have to wait for them to mail it)? We can't afford to wait a few days for mail. Thanks!

Hey thxGillep... So if can purchase a TIW card in person at guest services and they will be able to give you a card (tyvek or plastic) right there on the spot, or do you have to wait for them to mail it)? We can't afford to wait a few days for mail. Thanks!
They give you the tyvek one on the spot. Plastic is only via mail.

Guest services will immediately give you a tyvek card. I always call to change it to a plastic card after my first trip because the tyvek doesn’t last well for me bringing it back and forth so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!