can someone help? short notice 3 day visit 9/28 to 10/2 only 3 day hopper tix

onelugnut

Donald Duck!
i am sorry if this is not the correct type of post.
i used to be a planning expert but have not been to DW in years.
wifey insisted on stopping in because we will be visiting daughter at college in south carolina u. and its so close after all!!! (no its not)
way over extending ourselves, but going to try to make best of it for my youngest (DS 15th bday) along with myself and wife.
my question is my 3 day hopper,
9/29 at AK (avatar), 9/30 for MK, 10/1 DS for EEMH (Starwars land?)
plan on hopping whenever parks get crowded. and epcot at night.
my fast pass abilities stink with this new system but i did my best.
i hope ropedrop will get us on big rides first thing. we are very mobile and have gotten to 4 parks in a day in our good days.

we will be coming in hot and late Saturday night 9/28) and hope to ropedrop in morning
can i have amazon deliver water and snackbars to my room at pop?

sorry again if this is not allowed, but this late planning is not my idea.
this 3 day trip will be more expensive and difficult than our 8 day trip.
trying to research as much as possible.
thanks for any advice.

I have only ever once done a longer than 3 day trip. You will not be able to do everything, but you will do plenty. Relax and enjoy your DS's birthday!

i am sorry if this is not the correct type of post.
i used to be a planning expert but have not been to DW in years.
wifey insisted on stopping in because we will be visiting daughter at college in south carolina u. and its so close after all!!! (no its not)
way over extending ourselves, but going to try to make best of it for my youngest (DS 15th bday) along with myself and wife.
my question is my 3 day hopper,
9/29 at AK (avatar), 9/30 for MK, 10/1 DS for EEMH (Starwars land?)
plan on hopping whenever parks get crowded. and epcot at night.
my fast pass abilities stink with this new system but i did my best.
i hope ropedrop will get us on big rides first thing. we are very mobile and have gotten to 4 parks in a day in our good days.

we will be coming in hot and late Saturday night 9/28) and hope to ropedrop in morning
can i have amazon deliver water and snackbars to my room at pop?

sorry again if this is not allowed, but this late planning is not my idea.
this 3 day trip will be more expensive and difficult than our 8 day trip.
trying to research as much as possible.
thanks for any advice.

You might try checking the resort boards for your Amazon question.

Amazon will deliver to the hotel but it goes to Bell Services. They will hold for you and you can either go get it or they will bring it to you. I have read that there have been some issues/confusion with all of that.

Amazon will deliver. I believe for an additional fee (like $7 I think) they will drop it off at your room. Or for no fee they will hold it in bell services for you.

Relax and remember, no matter how long your WDW trip is, you can never do everything.

You have booked your hotel and your FP. Great! Rope drop should get you on the popular rides with a short wait and remember that all the parks (except Epcot) will have Extra Magic Hours in the morning, which will be a big bonus for you. DHS starts at 6am, and MK and AK open at 7am. If you are able to take advantage of that, it will help a lot. Also, keep trying for FP if there is something you really want. People change them all the time, and I have often had good luck checking about a week out, and then again a day or two before.

It can seem like a trip booked at short notice kind of flies against the advice of most people, but I just did it myself this week. I had a rough few weeks at work and decided Monday to book a four night/three day trip, checking in the following day! Less than 24 hours to execute any plans, but I got FP for my favorite rides and am having a great mini-trip. Sometimes the more spontaneous a trip is, the better the memories you make will be.

Thanks all for info and encouragement. Anytime w my family is enjoyable and nothing better than Disney. I guess because of past trips and planning i put into them. i have high expectations and dont feel like this trip Has been planned right.
Anyone got a feel on the Early magic hours for star wars?
Crazy early. It should pay off but worried because its the first day and might be crazy.

I love last minute trips. You can probably ride all those headliners, just be patient when you are trying FOP, Probably also applies to SWGE

felt need to update.
3 day trip was a great success.
even without planning to every detail.
15 yo dis son, wife and I exhausted ourselves
We are Dis knowledgeable enough that we did everything we wanted to do, and more.
Rope drops are the key. Dont tell anyone!
we figured out the fast pass system to work effectively for us.
we had a rope drop at EMH for AK that was flat out scary.
(but we got walk on for FOP.)
We rode the skyliner on its first day of opening.
we saw the last illuminations and the first of Epcot forever.
we saw the star wars land at 6 A.M., (the pre sunrise lighting was amazing)
crowds were fairly light, weather was awesome, people were great.
every time i write disney off, i have a great time.
i give up, i will go as long as my family still wants to go.

btw; i apologize if i bumped, passed or hurt anyone's feelings.
we were on a mission and did not have all the time we wished we had.

side topic,
i love strolling sometimes, (taking my time) but if i do, i pull to side out of consideration and to allow for people to get by if they feel the need.
i actually had someone yell at me because i went around them in epcot.
yes i was running, i had to run because the group "strolling was large and took up 3/4 of the path and i had to rush to get by before i blocked the people walking the other direction. (coming towards us)
although they probably couldn't have gotten thru anyway because this family was taking up most of the path already.
this was that very narrow path at epcot between showcase and going towards test-track.

my only bad experience and it is kind of on my conscience

i love strolling sometimes, (taking my time) but if i do, i pull to side out of consideration and to allow for people to get by if they feel the need.
i actually had someone yell at me because i went around them in epcot.
yes i was running, i had to run because the group "strolling was large and took up 3/4 of the path and i had to rush to get by before i blocked the people walking the other direction. (coming towards us)
although they probably couldn't have gotten thru anyway because this family was taking up most of the path already.
this was that very narrow path at epcot between showcase and going towards test-track.

my only bad experience and it is kind of on my conscience
Glad it worked out.
Don’t let that one experience bug you. Had a guy get upset because I had to dead stop as we were walking and he was behind us. Sorry, bro. It was either dead stop or run over a wayward child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter