• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we “Stipulate” to anything?

Question- If results were to improve in other parts of the business, like broadcasting and films, and park revenue became a smaller percentage of overall revenue, would that loosen up the purse strings for the parks?

Or has Euro Disney made Eisner so gun shy that its just not going to happen on his watch?

Greg!!! You are indeed the voice of reason!! The top half of your list is perfect!!! For those of you who are too lazy to go back a page (and that’s usually me) let me repeat it here:
1) Eisner (on his own) has been bad for Disney
2) Elimination of EE was a very bad guest service decision
3) Dinorama is the most disappointing theme park addition I can remember
4) Pop Century (especially the "words") is an embarrassment
5) WDW theme park hour reductions are stripping away the guest experience
6) The Speedway never should have been built
7) Closing CoP during most of the 100 years celebration was blasphemy
8) Delaying Epcot opening to 10am was a feeble attempt to save a few bucks that caused an opening hour nightmare
9) AK opened with too few attractions, Dinosaur is a waste of good technology and Kali is too short.
1) Disney-MGM Studios rushed to completion and missed the mark causing a haphazard series of additions that have created a park with little cohesion and a horrible layout. (But, the attractions themselves are quite nice.)
As far as the second half (one by one, so crank up the quote function!!!):
1) Park maintenance is on the decline
Up until last year I would have disagreed with you. However, I will admit that it has improved. But what about Disneyland? You west coasters!! How about it?
2) Charging for valet parking is a bad thing
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! This penny-pinching move is ridiculous. And as it puts off guests who utilized it in the past, it punishes the CMs who counted on the tips as income. Bad move all the way around!!!!!
3) AKL is nothing more than a well decorated Hilton
I agree. I can see their point, and it probably could have been better (Polly style), but I really like it anyway. So, agreed!!!
4) Imagineers are to blame for Dinorama
Agreed!! The buck stops (or never starts in this case) at the top!!!
5) Traffic at DD is the biggest problem at WDW
I agree!!! There are a whole bunch bigger problems!!!!
6) The All Stars do not fit in at WDW
Sorry!! And as way of explanation, did I ever mention the caste system of resorts that Ei$ner instituted? Well, in case you missed it…….. ;)
7) The Golf Resort is up to the same level of "Disney" as the Poly and Contemp
Greg!! It was. It was, for what it was!! A failed experiment, perhaps. But give it it’s due, it was as well done as anything else Disney ever did. A vacation resort catering to a non-theme park crowd who were interested in playing golf in a relaxing atmosphere. Perfect!!
8) The presence of more "rude" cast members
Nah! Sometimes you get a rotten one, but that’s not different from years past. By and large CMs are GREAT!!!!
9) The Disney Institute was a stupid mistake
Sorry Greg. It was not only a mistake. It was a stupid too. And strangely only one that a guy like Ei$ner could make!!!!
10) The old Disney Marketplace was any more "Magical" than DD
Just like the Golf Resort I LOVED IT!! Well, maybe ‘loved’ is a little strong. I liked it much, much better than the abomination that currently resides on this piece of property.
11) The character meal "ruined" the Crystal Palace
Hey!! Things change!!! (How about that coming from me!!!) Agreed!
12) WDW needs a gigacoaster
Sorry Bob. AGREED!!!!

I guess the differences is what put me in car #3!!!

Stipulate, shmipulate!! Who’s dumb idea was this!!! Let’s duke it out instead!!! :crazy:

I find it odd to be defending my DD traffic boondoggle on a thread other than that specific thread, but anyhoo...

The reason I said Trafic at DD is the biggest problem facing WDW is that it IS an infrastructure issue. Putting off what should be done cannot be easily rectified and unlike the other 'more important' peeves (hours, EE, valet parking, etc.) this issue cannot be fixed overnight. Moreover it has the potential of spreading and impacting other areas of guests vacations. EE, hours, heck even ticket prices COULD be overturned overnight. This traffic issue cannot...

Now on to other points on Greg's list. Only one actually, but I have to say to you Landbaron, my friend, that your credibility takes a huge blow when you can even acknowledge a thought likening the AKL to a Marriot. You are the supposed purveyor of understading of all things magic and yet you fail to see that the AKL is probably the greatest issue to WDW since Epcot. Walt would be proud. Roy wuld be proud...Lillian would have loved it...Even Flora & Elias would be proud. Raymond would have demanded his own room, Herbert would have ran the place and Ruth would have smiled upon it...:rolleyes: For the love of all that is good and holy man you cannot continue to cast dispersions on everything that has come during the Eisner era. Quickly...Do as I say... Place your hands over your head and chant with me now 'allowa kabollowa singhi navahalla oyee bustisimo fro dansination'...There you should feel better, have a better outlook on all things Disney and have a good nights sleep, to boot.:cool:
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

I agree to Monsieur AV's stipulation. I am ready to prick my finger if blood is needed instead of a notarized signature.

As for the resorts, my wavering thought is still that the high-end resorts seem to be built with 'magic', but that the hotelineers cheated us vacationers on the low-end resorts. I firmly believe that for the same money, but with a little more imagination and care, the value resorts could have been a lot nicer than what we have gotten and what is being planned.

I don't mean to ruffle feathers here, but the imagineers could have done a much better job than the guys that built the All-stars. They are decorated Motel 6's....but we've covered that point ad naseum before....

[/quote] Now on to other points on Greg's list. Only one actually, but I have to say to you Landbaron, my friend, that your credibility takes a huge blow when you can even acknowledge a thought likening the AKL to a Marriot.[/quote] Peter, my friend, you crack me up!!! I didn’t say I didn’t like it!!! I never likened it to the Marriott!! In fact I said I did like it! The only complaint I’ve ever had with it is that I can see the point that it could have been, should have been… well… ahhh… Different! More exotic!! And that purely subjective!!! Even I recognize that!!!

I like it!!
I like it!!
I like it!!
I like it!!
I like it!!
I like it!!
I like it!!
I like it!!
I like it!!
I like it!!
I like it!!
I like it!!
I like it!!

OK!!?? Friends again?

You will have a good nights sleep though!;)
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

Oh...And Peter hurt his ankle and moved away...Didn't you hear?:p

I would agree with BStanly and AV!!
Now a monorail pulling 4.5g's, that would be great!!! Add in a launched start and a inversion and we could have a great thrill ride!!

Oh man, can you imagine what a 4.5g monorail spiel would sound like?

Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertahhHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Wow! gcurling finally helped me figure out which car I'm actually in - #3.

I agree with the top portion completely. Like Landbaron, I agree with some of the bottom portion. It's so nice to have everything laid out so simply instead of the arguing that sometimes goes on here!

Thanks! Lisa

Don't kid yourself Lisa, it is never that easy ;). On with the games :crazy:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter