Can We Be Switched from Second Seating?

cutedisneygirly

DIS Veteran
I have a 5 day Baja cruise on hold for next September and was assigned second seating. Is there a way I can have this changed? What is the likelihood I could get main seating? I really don't want to wait for dinner at 8:00 with a 5 year old!

Phone Disney and ask to be wait listed for main dining; it worked for our friends. Good Luck

I have a 5 day Baja cruise on hold for next September and was assigned second seating. Is there a way I can have this changed? What is the likelihood I could get main seating? I really don't want to wait for dinner at 8:00 with a 5 year old!

You can be put on a waiting list. Since there's several months before the paid-in-full date when several passengers cancel, you have a great chance. If/when you do get the main seating, it will just appear on your on-line reservation, without an e-mail or other notice.

I actually looked as my reservations and was able to switch it online! Yay! Thanks for the advice though.

Second dining is automatically assigned these days and you have to go in and change it after booking if you want first seating. I hate this ... you used to be able to see online if first seating was available before you completed the booking process.

We did second seating on our first cruise (kids were 10, 8 & 8) and it was a disaster. The next 4 cruises, we did first and it was fine. For cruise #6 we tried second, but made an effort for all of us to have a late afternoon snack/small meal from the fast food places on the pool deck. This worked fantastically. It's not all junk food, there's healthy offerings alongside the chips & hot dogs. This helped to extend our day where we enjoyed our cruise that much more. We enjoyed it so much that we've changed our next two cruises to second seating as well. We did have to be flexible with the kids to let them cut out of the MDR to the Edge after they'd finished eating. On the whole, this different approach made second seating our preference. Take it FWIW

A few years ago when we booked last minute, we were able to switch @ 1:00 pm on board. This was on the Dream and I think at Royal Court. We were in the same line as folks trying to book Palo and Remy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter