Can we get back in?

OP here-we have a two and a half year old and a 6 year old grandson who need breaks, but want to see Fantasmic-reason we got the dining package. It looks like we have what amounts to more or less "reservations", and I don't see how they can keep us, who will be on site guests with reservations out. I figure I better make my fast passes for morning though. I surely will be watching what happens at opening and calling those "knowledgeable" cast members who man the phones about this type situation, and ask before we leave if we can get back in. What bothers me is it seems you can never get a definitive answer from Disney cast members and not much of an apology afterwards-it's easy for adults to keep expectations low, for little ones, not so much.......

OP here-we have a two and a half year old and a 6 year old grandson who need breaks, but want to see Fantasmic-reason we got the dining package. It looks like we have what amounts to more or less "reservations", and I don't see how they can keep us, who will be on site guests with reservations out. I figure I better make my fast passes for morning though. I surely will be watching what happens at opening and calling those "knowledgeable" cast members who man the phones about this type situation, and ask before we leave if we can get back in. What bothers me is it seems you can never get a definitive answer from Disney cast members and not much of an apology afterwards-it's easy for adults to keep expectations low, for little ones, not so much.......
I would not bother calling, unfortunately phone cm get very little info and sometimes tend to give out wrong info.
If you are staying on site I would recommend asking at the front desk.
Now if the park is at phase 4 they will not allow anyone in, doesn't matter if you have reservations or are staying in site.
Will it reach phase 4? Who knows
Also it might reach phase 4 for a couple of hours and then go back down to phase 3,2...

it would be possible and very simple. Wristband people in line outside the entrance with numbers. CM on the radio gets the go ahead to allow 20 people in, wristband people go in by 20. CM at the entrance to SWGE checks wristband numbers to allow the correct people in....when you are in this sort of line it creates a sense of community with your fellow line neighbors, everyone would be aware who is in front and behind them, I mean we will be spending several hours knowing each other :)

That's what I am hoping for. They have examples from Universal and the Wizarding World that seemed to work very well. If they get enough Star Wars fans that are used to conventions, then we should be OK. It's the more casual Star Wars fan that concerns me; however, I am sure WDW will have heavy security available. You still planning on a DLR trip?

That's what I am hoping for. They have examples from Universal and the Wizarding World that seemed to work very well. If they get enough Star Wars fans that are used to conventions, then we should be OK. It's the more casual Star Wars fan that concerns me; however, I am sure WDW will have heavy security available. You still planning on a DLR trip?
Yes. Hoping for early November

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIX POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop....just stop you silly SWGE fans! :lmao::lmao:
I'm betting there are more posts from us non-Star Wars fans afraid those silly SWGE fans have the potential to ruin our long planned and expensive vacation! Seriously, good luck to them and may the force be with us all!

Hi everyone! I'm interested in your opinions on my HS plans now that Galaxy's Edge is opening a bit earlier than anticipated. We will be at Disney at the end of October and have no interest in Star Wars. HS is not our favourite park, but we did really enjoy Toy Story Land last year and my kiddos love meeting the Disney Jr. characters. My plan for HS was to head there in the morning (not for rope drop, maybe like 10am?) and explore all areas except TSL and GE for a few hours, then head back to our resort for a mid-day break and head back to HS for the late afternoon until park close. My goal was to get a FP for SDD for the evening and I'm also hoping the line won't be crazy for Alien Swirling Saucers so we can just wait in line for that one. How does the plan sound in general? Is there a chance that the park will hit capacity when we're out for our mid-day break? And if it does, would we not be allowed back in (no park hoppers)?

Please let me know what you think. Thanks so much!

Hi everyone! I'm interested in your opinions on my HS plans now that Galaxy's Edge is opening a bit earlier than anticipated. We will be at Disney at the end of October and have no interest in Star Wars. HS is not our favourite park, but we did really enjoy Toy Story Land last year and my kiddos love meeting the Disney Jr. characters. My plan for HS was to head there in the morning (not for rope drop, maybe like 10am?) and explore all areas except TSL and GE for a few hours, then head back to our resort for a mid-day break and head back to HS for the late afternoon until park close. My goal was to get a FP for SDD for the evening and I'm also hoping the line won't be crazy for Alien Swirling Saucers so we can just wait in line for that one. How does the plan sound in general? Is there a chance that the park will hit capacity when we're out for our mid-day break? And if it does, would we not be allowed back in (no park hoppers)?

Merged you to the thread discussion on re-entering DHS.

Only advice right now is to wait and see how it's operating. Too much is unknown right now

@hswillia07 keep an eye on things and how they're tracking. If you're staying on site check with the front desk to see if they've hit a closure.

You have the benefit of time to see how things are shaking out in the weeks leading up to your stay.

Thanks everyone! In general, if you're at a park in the morning, leave and it hits capacity, do they at least let you go to a different park for the remainder of your day?

Has anyone speculated that maybe it won't be so terrible at WDW since its opening first at Disneyland? almost 3 entire months before? Perhaps swaying non-Disney fans but huge Star Wars fans to travel in the summer months to Disneyland when traveling is easier(with kids at least)? Just a thought.
We are going to HS the day before the OP and I was at first terrified because we didn't expect the opening of SWGE to be so soon, but I'm slowly thinking it might just be okay. And worst case scenario, we also have an ADR that will hopefully secure our spot in the park that day!

To answer your question, IF the park do reach capacity, even when you have ADR and FP they won’t let you in. There is no difference between new land opening day or Christmas day, is the same policy if they reach capacity.

Last edited:
To answer your question, IF the park do reach capacity, even when you have ADR and FP they won’t let you in. There is no difference between new land opening day or Christmas day, is the same policy if they reach capacity.
Only half correct
The park would have to reach the highest level of closure to shut out someone with an ADR
This has not happened in a very long time, over a decade. But that level of closure does exist so it is possible

I assume you mean without you having purchased PH option?
Yup that's what I mean. No park hoppers, we go into HS in the morning, leave for a mid-day break and come back to find it's full. Would they at least let us finish out the day at a different park?

Though we would also likely have an ADR, so maybe that would help in that situation.

Thanks everyone! In general, if you're at a park in the morning, leave and it hits capacity, do they at least let you go to a different park for the remainder of your day?

If you have not used your non-park hopper ticket for that day yet, sure you can go to any other park(with the exception of some of those specials were you buy a ticket for each for 4 days). In fact that exact thing is what has most people who arent interested in GE freaked out.

Yup that's what I mean. No park hoppers, we go into HS in the morning, leave for a mid-day break and come back to find it's full. Would they at least let us finish out the day at a different park?

Though we would also likely have an ADR, so maybe that would help in that situation.

Ah midday break you're out of luck without a talk with a CSM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts