Can we get back in?

Yup that's what I mean. No park hoppers, we go into HS in the morning, leave for a mid-day break and come back to find it's full. Would they at least let us finish out the day at a different park?

Though we would also likely have an ADR, so maybe that would help in that situation.
I'm not sure. It's a very good question. It's not happened in so long I don't know that anyone has any first hand knowledge of what will happen
When Pandora opened only the land closed, you could still get in AK

Yup that's what I mean. No park hoppers, we go into HS in the morning, leave for a mid-day break and come back to find it's full. Would they at least let us finish out the day at a different park?

Though we would also likely have an ADR, so maybe that would help in that situation.

I wouldn’t count on it, but maybe? They were offering $50 gift cards to people who were turned away from the MK on New Years Eve due to a phased closure, so anything is possible. Letting you into a different park is not going to cost them a thing.

Thanks everyone! I guess I'll just cross my fingers that it doesn't reach capacity the day we're there!

I wouldn’t count on it, but maybe? They were offering $50 gift cards to people who were turned away from the MK on New Years Eve due to a phased closure, so anything is possible. Letting you into a different park is not going to cost them a thing.
It can't hurt to ask, that's for sure.
They'll only have to give "free PH" to those that #1, were at HS and left and want to return but can't and don't have PH (or AP) already and #2, ask to go to a different park. So you aren't talking about a HUGE pool of guests. Especially since SO many are there with free dining which requires PH purchase (if I remember correctly)

Good thoughts. They have lots of practice on various types of controlled access methods from SWW. Any of those would work for GE. I'm sure they are doing brainstorming sessions of many possibilities. Heck, even something similar to the method used for candy canes at DL would work.

I think another question goes back again to something that happened during SWW, how early will folks be camping out?
Help a newbie out... SWW?

OP here-we have a two and a half year old and a 6 year old grandson who need breaks, but want to see Fantasmic-reason we got the dining package. It looks like we have what amounts to more or less "reservations", and I don't see how they can keep us, who will be on site guests with reservations out. I figure I better make my fast passes for morning though. I surely will be watching what happens at opening and calling those "knowledgeable" cast members who man the phones about this type situation, and ask before we leave if we can get back in. What bothers me is it seems you can never get a definitive answer from Disney cast members and not much of an apology afterwards-it's easy for adults to keep expectations low, for little ones, not so much.......
They will only keep you out if the last phase, 4, is reached then yes they would turn you away even with reservations. Don't call the Disney CM call center, they won't be able to tell you anything useful. I would check on here that day if a notice of closure happens. Disney will make it vague and sound like the park is entirely closed, but on here you'll find out what actual phase they are in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter