Can we get into a closed park with a PS

WDW TRIP NUT

Mouseketeer
We are planning on visiting Epcot on New Year's Eve. We will be there very early so we will need to go back for a rest that afternoon. If the park closes (due to full capacity) will they let us back in that night if we have a PS for a Restaurant? I hope so since I will be charged for a no-show!

I have heard that you will not be allowed back in, even if you have a PS. If the park is filled to capacity, which tends to happen on Christmas and New Year's Eve, nobody will be allowed in. I have never actually experienced this firsthand though.

I would plan on staying in the park the whole day if you want to be there for dinner and the evening fireworks show. I wouldn't want to take a chance of missing out on all the fun!

Good luck!

PS do not make a difference if the park reaches its capacity. This happened to our friend on x-mas at MK. Trust me..you can't tslk your way in! We were at Epcot last NYE and did not arrive until 4:40 and had no problem getting in. We had ps at Japan for 7:30. I heard that MK had already closed to non resort guests by 10:30 am that day and to everyone soon after. I think that Epcot is so much larger and spread out that it does not occur as often or as early. We spent NYE day and MGM then boated over around 4:30 with no problem. We have ps at MGM for NYE this year and plan on being there for most of the day because the park is so small.
Connears

Oh My! I don't think we can stay in the park from 7:00 A.M. until midnight. I would hate to miss my PS though. I wonder if they would still charge your credit card if you were a no-show due to full capacity and called to let them know? I'm hoping that if I come back around 5:00 P.M., I'll be able to get in:hyper: :hyper:

I wonder if they would still charge your credit card if you were a no-show due to full capacity and called to let them know?

If it has a 48 hr cancellation policy then yes (not sure of holiday PS's that require CC 3's) Check with CRO on the cancellation policy

Do the parks ever close due to capacity during the last week of Feb? After presidents day is over?

Generally, the parks only reach capacity a few days out of the year:
Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, Easter, July 4th, and occasionally some days between Christmas and New Year's Day.
A PS does not guarantee admission, and all PS have a 48 hour cancellation policy ($10 per person charged for no-shows) which means that yes, if you make a PS for a holiday and don't show up at the restaurant (regardless of the reason, park closing, traffic, or otherwise), you will be assessed the fee.
The last two holiday seasons were much slower than normal, but this year seems to have picked up considerably. I expect closures this year.

This summer we had a PS at Artists Point for 7:30 but a really bad storm came in at around 4:30 and got worse as the afternoon went on. We left the Beach Club at 6pm to try to get there but Disney had stopped all transport due to the weather plus they said that the road to the WL was flooded anyway so you could not reach it. We phoned the WL to sell them we would not be able to make our PS and we were not charged. We did make another PS for a few nights later though in the same phone call. As we were staying at the BCV we walked down to the yachtsmans steakhouse and was able to get a table there.

If you don't want to stay at the park and you want to chance getting back in..just plan on being charged as a no show if you can't get back in. You have two options..stay and make the ps...or take a chance and get charged if park is closed.

There is so much to do...you won't have a problem entertaining yourself the whole day. Take plenty of breaks..sit for coffee/hot chocolate. Put extra clothing in a locker if you need to..and enjoy the day!

There are only a few days a year where they charge for no shows. 98% of the days of the year, you can just not show up and not be charged. This isn't true on Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter......

Crisi, good point. I must not have been clear enough in my post.
DanaUK would not have been charged at all regardless, because the PS was not on a holiday.
Only PSB, CRT breakfast have a 48 hour cancellation policy year-round. All WDW PS locations have a 48 hour cancellation policy on holidays (Christmas eve, Christmas day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Easter, Valentine's Day, Mothers' Day, July 4, Thanksgiving... I think that's the whole list...) only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter