Can we pay MF with Disney Visa?

DVCanonymouse

Earning My Ears
Hi, friends! We are awaiting ROFR now (24 days, but who's counting?) and hope to be new members soon *fingers crossed*!

Got a newbie question for ya. Can we pay our annual MF in January using the Chase Disney Visa (or any CC for that matter)? Please confirm my understanding that if we elect to pay monthly, the only option for this is checking account debits?

Thanks for all the help and support!

Mouse

I only know about CC. We do pay in January with our Chase Disney VISA and sometimes with Disney Gift cards if we had bought them at a discount.

Yes. That is how I pay my fees. I like to get the credit card points and I'd rather not have another monthly expense. Also, paying them in full every January is a very good "vaccination" against "addonitis"! :)

And yes, the only option for paying monthly is letting Disney do a direct charge to your U S based checking account. Another reason I don't want to do monthly. (IMO, the fewer entities that have access, the less chance of a security breach. YMMV).

I’d you set up monthly and decide to pay off early, the will let you use a CC but must pay balance,

Many will buy Disney gift cards using CC, and then use those to pay monthly payments as they will accept them for partial payment,

I did that last year a few times and then stopped because it was a pain, This year, I think I will just continue monthly and when I can pay off a contract early using CC.

You absolutely can, and if you have the Disney Premier Visa, you get the 2% back. However, dues are not eligible for the 6 month 0% financing (direct point purchases are eligible, just not dues).

Please confirm my understanding that if we elect to pay monthly, the only option for this is checking account debits?
Yes and no. I have my account set up for automatic monthly from my checking. But what I usually do is I will buy discount disney gift cards each month or two from target and will apply them to my account. This way you save 5% on your MF.

You can choose to pay in full at the beginning of the year with any payment method - credit card, checking or gift cards. I only buy GC a little at a time and usually i keep my stock pile of GC for trips, so I just handle it monthly. It all works out the same in the end.

On this topic, but not using a Disney CC... Can anyone confirm what "category" the maintenance fees fall into? I know that when I charge to my MB and thusly, my room, the check out charge comes through as "Travel" yet if I use my card directly, it falls into the category of the specific retailer/restaurant so it ends up being food/drink, retail, etc.

Probably depends on the card. When I paid my nonDVC timeshare dues with my Costco Visa, it coded as "timeshare rental" and didn't have the travel bonus.

More generally, I pay with Disney gift cards since the discounts run 10% or higher...

Probably depends on the card. When I paid my nonDVC timeshare dues with my Costco Visa, it coded as "timeshare rental" and didn't have the travel bonus.

More generally, I pay with Disney gift cards since the discounts run 10% or higher...
How are you getting Disney Gift Cards at 10% or higher? About the only thing I have heard of is using a Target Red Card (which I do not have) for a 5% discount. I've seen people mention Costco and what not but I've literally never seen them sold there in the 5-6years I've been a member.

Amex or Chase deals usually. Best Buy has had a deal for 10% off up to $300 the last few years. Sometimes 10 or 20% off $50 at Staples. Those kinds of things. They add up over the course of a year.

There's a Disney gift card thread over on the budget board that can alert you to deals that show up...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter