Can we really do this without kids? Our 5 night CA repo to Vancouver

My apologies to Butchart for spelling their name wrong in the last post!

Thanks to everyone still reading along! Life gets in the way! Ugh! Almost finished!
Now for some photos of the gardens and then on to dinner.

Really enjoyed your personalized info on this cruise. DH and I were considering this Calif cruise next year. Now it is definitely a GO. Glad to see you survived just fine without the kids.

Thanks Cruising Engineer! It can be done , has been done and will be done again! Found out that you are never too old for the mouse!
DD had adjust the last of the photos I want to include so hoping to finish this up today!
IMG_3171.jpg
This is the water wheel at the entrance of Butchart Gardens

IMG_3194.jpg
Water display in the Sunken garden

IMG_3187.jpg
If you can make out the story it is really quite interesting how Mrs. B got everything planted.

IMG_3186.jpg
A beautiful garden sprang from a bunch of rocks!

IMG_3263.jpg
This one I took for my BFF who passed away a year ago. Would have loved the purple flowers. Miss you Michelle!

I know I did not post a lot of food photos but I thought I had taken more as well.
Every thing about Tiana's was great, we were not disappointed!

IMG_3317.jpg
This is the duck appetizer. Good, a little salty and I think it could have used more pickles. Reminded me of the Baltics cruise where we had an appetizer that was as they say in the "Producers" "Many different herrings!"

IMG_3318.jpg
This is the sausage fritters

IMG_3328.jpg
Spiced Sea Bass, not too spicey

Im not sure where my desserts photos ended up, maybe on DH's phone.
However, I had the Bananas Fosters bread pudding and DH had the Beignets and they were both excellent!

Show Time!!
IMG_3337.jpg
Louis!!! Told my table mates that I would be turning into a kid, and I did!
Some tables were lucky and got very close to him but the way our table was situated he did not come to us. I will get a photo with him next time!

IMG_3312.jpg
The band (they also played in the lobby one night)

IMG_3373.jpg
The dessert menu

IMG_3523.jpg
The Wonder docked at Canada Plce and this was taken from Stanley Park. Chris said that he could hear the announcements from the ship, as sound carriers.
Now its time to say goodbye to my favorite ship and tell her that I will see her real soon!

Thanks for reading along everyone!
Just a couple of hindsights and a finishing story or two.

Life changes and so do businesses. The little things I noticed that to me that were different from our last cruise in 2016:
You recieved the Navigator on your embarkation day at the port. No longer do they have the full Navigators every day. You receive in your cabin a one page daily highlights type sheet. Our cabin was no longer bombarded with all kinds of papers from the spa and DVC. I actually appreciated this as I think 1) they are saving money and 2) they are saving a tree.
Cove Bar has this desserts case where up to 2016 you could serve yourself. I recall someone getting sick on the BI cruise and then the drinks were stanchioned off and someone was there to serve you and you could no longer get your own treat at Cove. Now it seems that during this cruise there was a dedicated server just to get your treat for you.
Up until last year I did not have to take insulin shots but now I do. Located in your bathroom is a small sharps container that I never used before. Now, I say thank you to Disney for not having to have that hassle od trying to pack that up as well as everything else I have to carry with me.

Moms out there will be able to relate to this. When we cruised befor I would always buy things for the kids and limit myself to my scrapping supplies.
On this cruise there was a Dooney and Burke bag that was just perfect for me. I watched that bag the entire cruise. DH kept telling me to buy it. I wasnt sure I wanted to spend the money and kept telling myself that I didnneed it.
On the last night DH says to me
"I'm not going to buy this purse for you because I will get the wrong one but I want you to go buy it".
I went down to the shops and I kept looking at it and there was this lovely Jamaican clerk who sort of kept her distance but close enough to talk
"Is madam isnt in the bag" and that is the last one we have like that and finally I asked do you accept the DVC discount "yes, of course".
I BOUGHT THE BAG! I have never spent that much on anything for myself before because MOMs you know, its not right, we should save, bla bla bla!IMG_3622 2.jpg
Its perfect for what I carry and it holds an insulin pen!
My boss told me welcome to the big girls club!
And I do not feel guilty!

So, the magic is still there (and the wonder, fantasy, dream and 3 new ships to come!)
Can we travel with out kids, yes. Did I get my phots with Mickey and gang? Eat enough desserts that will last until the next cruise or Halloween or Christmas (walked enough that blood sugar balanced out), absolutely!
So for the empty nesters out there who love to cruise DCL but wonder if it's ok to go without kids, YES!!!
And when you go remember that Walt said himself that there is a 12 year inside everyone of us!
Thanks for reading along!
Happy cruising everyone!

Our dd is only 10 yrs old, so we still have years before we can cruise without her. My dh and I went on the Magic for our honeymoon 17 yrs ago, though. Love that your dh told you to go get the purse and that you got it!! Love that it has Daisy on it, she's my favorite, so cute!!

Thanks for the trip report. We are booked for this cruise next year and it was great to read about your experiences.
Can you tell me how were the seas? I haven't had to deal with motion sickness on past cruises, but I would think that the Pacific Coast could get choppy.

Also, can you remember how much time you had in each port?

Thanks!

Thanks for the trip report. We are booked for this cruise next year and it was great to read about your experiences.
Can you tell me how were the seas? I haven't had to deal with motion sickness on past cruises, but I would think that the Pacific Coast could get choppy.

Also, can you remember how much time you had in each port?

Thanks!

We were on this cruise this past May as well. The seas were a lot calmer than I was anticipating (pleasantly surprised!!!) I think it really just depends on the weather you are experiencing as well. Personally I would say it was not very choppy AT all.

In San Fran we were there I think 7:45am-4:45pm? And I believe in Victoria it was 10am-6pm.

Hey everyone!
The seas were not choppy but we forgot how cold it could be, and was , during the California leg and during Pirate Night we had to go back to the cabin and add another layer of clothing.
DH forgot his sweatshirt during the craziness of the morning we left.
The times listed above sound right.
Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter