Can you bring pressurized cans on airplanes?

WDWorld2003

DIS Veteran
This may be a dumb question but as you can tell we don't fly often. Can you bring pressurized cans such as hairspray, bug spray, etc. on airplanes? Thanks!

My DD would just about die if she didn't have a can of hairspray in her bag.

It's never been a problem, but we do put it in the carry-on.

I was looking over the Transportation Security Administration's list of allowed and not-allowed items the other day (mainly because I haven't flown since 1993, and obviously things have changed a bit since then. :()

You can look at the list here. It's in Acrobat, so if you don't have Adobe Acrobat you'll need to download it. They also have it available in Word format here.

It lists "Personal Care or Toiletries with aerosals in limited quantities, such as hairspray, deodorants, etc." are acceptable in both carry-on and checked baggage.

Mainly I just found the list kind of interesting. There were things that I would think were a no-brainer (plastic explosives and spear guns aren't allowed, imagine that! :p ) There were also things I wouldn't have thought of (though I'm not likely to be carrying) like strike-anywhere matches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter