Can you check AP status online?

nighttowll

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if you can still check the status of your AP online anywhere? I know you used to be able to do it, but I can’t figure out how to do it anymore. The website on the back of the card doesn’t work.

I tried calling the number to check the status, but all that told me was that my AP expires soon. Gee thanks, I wasn’t aware! I’d like to know when exactly soon is. I thought my pass expired in September, but I got an email saying it was time to renew it, so now I’m unsure.

Did you try the annual passholder section of the Universal Orlando site? There's a tab at the top. I have not actually checked this way though.

If you follow the link in the email it will ask for your ap number and when you enter the info it will give your expiration date.

I just renewed my AP online a few days ago.

i received the AP renewal email notice in February.
My Ap was up for renewal in April.

I do my renewals by phone.

I have no idea about a tab on the website. No matter what I click on, I can’t get it to take me to anything where I can input my info or login to an AP area. However, it did work clicking on the renew button in the email.

I hadn’t tried that before because I was worried that if I clicked on it, it might auto renew me or something, but it didn’t. I was able to get my date that way. Turns out my AP expires 3 months sooner than I thought it did, so that sucks, and now I have to decide if I want to renew it or not.

I don't know if it still is this way but the ap holder can renew up to 30 days after their ap expires.

I have no idea about a tab on the website. No matter what I click on, I can’t get it to take me to anything where I can input my info or login to an AP area. However, it did work clicking on the renew button in the email.

I hadn’t tried that before because I was worried that if I clicked on it, it might auto renew me or something, but it didn’t. I was able to get my date that way. Turns out my AP expires 3 months sooner than I thought it did, so that sucks, and now I have to decide if I want to renew it or not.

Also, they might still be doing the 15 month deal. If you renew, instead of getting 12 months, you get 15. I renewed my son's AP in the last couple of weeks, and he got it.

The tab is really a title at the very top of the Universal Orlando page that says "Annual Passholders >". It's to the right of Florida Residents. If you try to renew online from there, it will ask for your AP visual ID. You might have been able to see the info that way. I can't seem to get mine to work right now.

The thing is I’m going to be moving to the Tampa area on the 24th of June. My AP expires July 7th. I’m not sure right now if the move to Tampa will be a temporary thing or a long term thing and probably won’t know for sure until this fall. If I do end up staying in the Tampa area, it would be nice to renew it. If I don’t end up staying, I’m not sure about renewing as I’m not sure I’d be anywhere nearby to actually use it. I’ll definitely be in the area through July, possibly through the end of August or September, but after that, I’m not sure. So annoying that it ends beginning of July, and I have family visiting me until the 9th, so I can’t even use it between the 24th and the 7th! Grrr. Decisions, decisions.

Also, they might still be doing the 15 month deal. If you renew, instead of getting 12 months, you get 15. I renewed my son's AP in the last couple of weeks, and he got it.

The tab is really a title at the very top of the Universal Orlando page that says "Annual Passholders >". It's to the right of Florida Residents. If you try to renew online from there, it will ask for your AP visual ID. You might have been able to see the info that way. I can't seem to get mine to work right now.

Yes, I’ve been looking at the 15 month deal. It’s still available. I’m just not sure what do to right now. It’s a lot of money to renew, and I just lost my job. Long story, but short version my company closed.

We also just bought season passes to BG because I was able to get them for $60 during a flash sale, so I’m not sure I should really spend more money on Universal right now. I really thought my AP expired in September and was hoping I wouldn’t have to make a decision until I was firmly settled in a new job and knew were my new budget stood.

Realistically, I know I don’t need to spend the money right now, but part of me is like - BUT ITS UNIVERSAL! YOUR HAPPY PLACE! Maybe I can talk someone into giving me an early Christmas present. Christmas in July kind of deal.

Yes, I’ve been looking at the 15 month deal. It’s still available. I’m just not sure what do to right now. It’s a lot of money to renew, and I just lost my job. Long story, but short version my company closed.

We also just bought season passes to BG because I was able to get them for $60 during a flash sale, so I’m not sure I should really spend more money on Universal right now. I really thought my AP expired in September and was hoping I wouldn’t have to make a decision until I was firmly settled in a new job and knew were my new budget stood.

Realistically, I know I don’t need to spend the money right now, but part of me is like - BUT ITS UNIVERSAL! YOUR HAPPY PLACE! Maybe I can talk someone into giving me an early Christmas present. Christmas in July kind of deal.

I understand that. My husband's group in 2016 was let go. APs were the first thing that I thought about not renewing, but he found a job before they expired. Good luck:goodvibes

I understand that. My husband's group in 2016 was let go. APs were the first thing that I thought about not renewing, but he found a job before they expired. Good luck:goodvibes

Thanks. I’m sure it will all work out in the end. Right now, I’m just trying to enjoy being on summer vacation.

Online status check doesn't necessarily work. I renewed mine in April under the 15 month deal, but online still shows my family's APs all expired as of May 23, 2018. I called about it, and they assured me that I'm renewed and in the system as an expiration date of August of '19.

Online status check doesn't necessarily work. I renewed mine in April under the 15 month deal, but online still shows my family's APs all expired as of May 23, 2018. I called about it, and they assured me that I'm renewed and in the system as an expiration date of August of '19.

I actually had the same issue when trying to buy Halloween Horror Nights stuff. Only my husband's AP, which is still on its first year, shows being valid:sad2:

Online check doesn't work for Alabama fans. War Eagle!! ;)

I still keep getting renewal notifications even though I already renewed last week...gotta love Universal IT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!