Can you combine a cash and DVC reservation ?

amystevekai&bump

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

so it looks like our August trip is likely to be cancelled, and due to the 50% borrowing rule that been introduced and added fact that we will lose all of the points we banked for this vacation, we now are in a position that we don’t have enough points to book the same trip next summer.

If we were to pay cash for three nights in an ocean view one bed, and points for three more nights, would Aulani be able to link the reservations so that we could stay in the same room throughout our trip?

Our other option is to ‘downgrade’ to a studio, which we’ve stayed in before so it’s not a problem, but I was just really looking forward to the added space and kitchen.

many thanks for any advice 👍

You would have to do them as two separate reservations so there would not be a guarantee you’d keep the same room. However, you can call to have it noted as a continuing reservation and request the same room. They should be able to tell you when you check in for the first one if you’ll keep the same room.

You would have to do them as two separate reservations so there would not be a guarantee you’d keep the same room. However, you can call to have it noted as a continuing reservation and request the same room. They should be able to tell you when you check in for the first one if you’ll keep the same room.
That’s great - thank you very much for replying

When i combined a stay at Aulani last summer with 3 days of rented points on someone elses contract and 4 days on mine i was able to stay in the same room. I had to go down and reswipe my card but it was pretty seemless.

Not quite the same thing, but for the past 4 years we have made Aulani DVC reservations with another member. One of us would pick up the first half, and the other would pickup the second half with their points. They are separate reservations but they get linked. When we check in the first time, we make sure they are linked and that we will be in the same unit. Never had to move, but we do have to re-register when the second reservation starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter