Can you enter Pandora just to look around?

bcinohio

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip in Oct and hope to get a FP for Flight of Passage and do standby for the river ride. If we do those in the morning can you enter the Pandora land at night to just look around or are they not letting anyone in if you are not in one of the lines for the ride?

Thanks

Yes, absolutely. We did exactly this when we went in August. We rode Na'vi River Journey, and Flights of Passage early in the day, then after Rivers of Light, we went back to Pandora just to see it after dark.

Yes, and there are interactive things to do in Pandora as well. Just explore. Also, Satu'li Canteen, the quick service restaurant in Pandora, is the best quick service restaurant in all of WDW, in my opinion.

Completely agree about Satu'li. We were down over Christmas and couldn't wait to eat there, it is so good. Going back in June and I will eat there again!

Of course! I highly recommend doing that as well especially at night. During the day you can see the details better though. It is such a beautiful land.

Oh it's beautiful at night!!! We went at night last trip just to walk around and didn't bother with rides, so worth it!

Yes, and there are interactive things to do in Pandora as well. Just explore. Also, Satu'li Canteen, the quick service restaurant in Pandora, is the best quick service restaurant in all of WDW, in my opinion.

We are planning to eat here for the first time during our upcoming summer trip. What dishes/menu items would you recommend?

We are planning to eat here for the first time during our upcoming summer trip. What dishes/menu items would you recommend?
It's a small menu but a big portion of it is customizable "bowls", so it depends on taste. Pick your protein (I had the beef, several in our party had fish, both were great), pick your starch, pick your sauce (the chimichurri is tasty with the beef!).

The other main item is the "pods"--cheeseburger or a vegetarian/vegan filling in essentially a steamed Chinese style bao bun. We ordered one for my son and he ate most of it, I don't think anyone else at our table got to try it. Reviews seem to be very love it or hate it--lots of comments that it tastes like a McDonalds cheeseburger.

Of course! I highly recommend doing that as well especially at night. During the day you can see the details better though. It is such a beautiful land.
Definitely! It's worth two trips. I was lucky to visit my first time at sunset. That moment when the sun dipped right behind the rocks, there was a picture perfect orange that lit up the whole area and caused the waterfalls to sparkle. There was a collective gasp from the crowd around me that I keep remembering.

When it gets completely dark at night, the area is very dark and might take a moment for your eyes to adjust even walking from other outdoor areas.

It's a small menu but a big portion of it is customizable "bowls", so it depends on taste. Pick your protein (I had the beef, several in our party had fish, both were great), pick your starch, pick your sauce (the chimichurri is tasty with the beef!).

The other main item is the "pods"--cheeseburger or a vegetarian/vegan filling in essentially a steamed Chinese style bao bun. We ordered one for my son and he ate most of it, I don't think anyone else at our table got to try it. Reviews seem to be very love it or hate it--lots of comments that it tastes like a McDonalds cheeseburger.

I like the Cheeseburger Pods a lot. They do taste a bit McDonald's-like, but higher quality. I also like Sau'tui because, like BOG at lunch, there is a self-serve soda fountain with free refills. I also like that you get real plates and utensils. The whole thing has a more upscale feel than most of the QS in the parks.

LOVE Satu’li!! If hopping between parks didn’t take so long, I would have gone there every day!!

But yes. You can go on Pandora without doing the rides (I recommend them both though).

It is fun to be there at the day-night transition as the sounds change from day creatures to night creatures.

It is fun to be there at the day-night transition as the sounds change from day creatures to night creatures.

I completely agree with this. On accident, DW and I had late afternoon FP for FOP. It was daylight when we entered the queue, but the sun was down when we came out. Seeing that stark transition was amazing.

We loved exploring the Valley of Mo'ara (that's what they call the outdoor portion of Pandora) both during the day and at night. During the day you get amazing photo ops (e.g. my avatar photo). At night, it's beautiful, with great atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!