Can you mourn a tree?

Such a shame. Sure, I’ve mourned or regretted that a tree fell down or had to be removed. Sorry for your loss. It was gorgeous.

I'm so sad. We've lived here for 35 years and by far my favorite time of the year is fall, when our neighbor's 2 massive maple trees turn our entire yard orange. Last night one of these massive 100 year old beauties fell over. Just fell over. I heard a cracking sound mid-day but didn't notice anything amiss. It was very windy, and it did rain hard for a short bit, but nothing too notable. This morning the neighbor told me it went down around 9 PM the night before. So glad nobody was hurt, but now I mourn the loss of what that tree brought to our street. Fingers crossed that they don't come find some issue with the other one next to it that's still standing.

View attachment 852797

The best I could come up with of these trees in their glory was in 2005:
View attachment 852807

View attachment 852808
I can understand your feelings. We have 3 red maples in our front yard that are beautiful in the fall

We lost our two 20-year old trees in our front yard in the last 3 years with the crazy winter storms we had in Austin. Same thing all over town. We’re a city of baby trees now.

We definitely mourned the loss.

When I lived in the country we had a neighbor who was a retired park ranger who had big trees and every so often my family had trees that would fall down and my neighbor would always call the tree service to remove them but when they wouldn't come my dad would always collect the tree trunks and chop them for wood for the winter and every winter we always had lots of wood to put in our wood stove. In our house we have had only had one tree fall down and my family had to call our landlord to call the tree service to remove it and it was a tree right in front of our house and the spot where that tree was is still empty now

Sure, I put in three Dogwoods years ago and cried with the one on the end didn't make it, seems the ground was too soft in the spot and it sank in too far.

I wonder if the big tree fell from too much rainwater washing away supporting soil, we get this with sinkholes in PA but it can hurt anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter