Can you still use Disney gift cards to pay dues

StitchsDemise

Earning My Ears
Previous years it seemed to be a hit and miss. If I remember correctly, you were able to do it online last year. Does anyone know what the rules and process are this year?

No precious years experience on my end, but as far as I know, yes. My guide told me so. My experience with online interface is that they limit it to two payment methods within a single transaction.

Worked last year, all we can do is wait and see about this year.

:earsboy: Bill

It better work, I have $1700 worth I'm holding waiting to pay dues. Did it the last 2 years.
I would really hope that if this option were ever taken away, we would get some sort of notice. I, too, am now holding all of my 2018 dues money in the form of Disney gift cards. I "pay" myself every month throughout the year via direct deposit. Then I take advantage of deals like the Target gift card deal (offered today) and the Best Buy deal (took advantage of that one a few weeks ago) to get about a 10% savings on the Disney gift cards. The risk is that if DVC decides that they don't want to accept the gift card as payment, all of the money I had available to pay the dues are now tied up in gift cards and I would be forced to switch over to the monthly debit option, thus losing out on the discount.

I just added the ones I got during the Meijer GC deal to my account and it let me do it. I now have a credit towards next year’s dues.

Yes. I get nervous holding the gift cards, so I am happy they let us apply them as soon as we want (even before the dues are finalized). I've got a pretty good idea of how much I need, so I got the discounted gift cards and already have a credit for 98% of my expected dues amount...

I also just loaded up on Meijer gift cards to pay my dues! I was just checking to see if I could pay next year's dues online yet and was disappointed I couldn't. Thanks for the tip about just making a payment!

I also just loaded up on Meijer gift cards to pay my dues! I was just checking to see if I could pay next year's dues online yet and was disappointed I couldn't.
2018 Dues were just approved yesterday at the annual condo meeting, so the actual statements won't be loaded for a week or so. You can apply the balances from your gift cards now which will put a credit on your account.

We just bought in august and I got my partial 2017 bill... paid entirely on Disney Gift Cards via the 5% Target card discount

:disrocks:Have used them to book Disney dining but nowadays pay dues Monthly ,they never seem as large that way

2018 Dues were just approved yesterday at the annual condo meeting, so the actual statements won't be loaded for a week or so. You can apply the balances from your gift cards now which will put a credit on your account.

I tried this but got a message that the transaction could not be completed. Guess I will wait until the balance due is posted.

Previous years it seemed to be a hit and miss. If I remember correctly, you were able to do it online last year. Does anyone know what the rules and process are this year?

Paying with them hasn't been hit or miss but the number of cards Member accounting would process on a single call was reduced. Last year doing them online became an option and also the Disney gift card website allowed for combining card balances which helped.

Disney gift card website allows you to combine gift cards up to a $1000 total on one card, with a total of 5 cards you can manage.

I believe last year you could use up to 3 gift cards to pay your dues online.

Supposed to be available December 18th.

In order to prepare for 2018 Annual Billing, Member Accounting will be unable to process any Annual Dues payments beginning at noon Eastern Time on Friday, December 15, 2017. Annual Dues payments will be accepted again when Member Accounting reopens at 9:00 AM on Monday, December 18, 2017. Please note that the Online Annual Dues payment system will also be unavailable during this time. All other online tools will remain available during this time, including Loan information and payments.

Was able to pay dues on theee contracts yesterday with gift cards. I had consolidated them in the Disney gift card site first. It was pretty easy.

The website does not accept Disney eGift Cards. You have to call member accounting and there is a 5 card limit per day.

The website does not accept Disney eGift Cards. You have to call member accounting and there is a 5 card limit per day.

What do you mean by this? The egiftcards that I have gotten all contain the same 16 digit code that the plastic cards have. When entering a gift card, all the Disney site asks for is they 16 digit number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!