Can you upgrade *any* ticket to an AP? Even one purchased with 20% coupon?

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
I have a coupon for 20% off one-day or multi-day admission to US and IOA. Can I upgrade this ticket to an AP? Will I get the full gate price or only what I paid for it? Has anyone upgraded a ticket purchased from the gate at a discount?

I have upgraded tickets that I got through AmEx points and got the full gate price, so wondering if this would apply to tickets purchased at a discount through US/IOA.

TIA!

Once you use your park ticket to enter the parks, it should be at present ticket value then

Upgrade to the ap at guest services

If policies have changed since I went, I’m sure someone will correct me

Where did you find a coupon at ?

Thank you for posting. I’ve been wondering the same thing. I have a 30% off coupon for up to 6 tickets. Daily or multiple days. When I got it, I asked the rep if I bought a multi day ticket with it, could I upgrade it to an AP, and he said he didn’t know, it would be up to the guest relations people.

I have a coupon for 20% off one-day or multi-day admission to US and IOA. Can I upgrade this ticket to an AP? Will I get the full gate price or only what I paid for it? Has anyone upgraded a ticket purchased from the gate at a discount?

I have upgraded tickets that I got through AmEx points and got the full gate price, so wondering if this would apply to tickets purchased at a discount through US/IOA.

TIA!

Have you done this yet? Wondering how it turned out.

Thank you for posting. I’ve been wondering the same thing. I have a 30% off coupon for up to 6 tickets. Daily or multiple days. When I got it, I asked the rep if I bought a multi day ticket with it, could I upgrade it to an AP, and he said he didn’t know, it would be up to the guest relations people.

Just an update: we did this last week. I bought my daughter and her family a 2 day, 2 park ticket at gate price. I got the 30% discount which brought the ticket down $90 each. Paying $199 each plus tax. She did one park, ate lunch and went to IOA and stopped at guest relations. She upgraded the ticket to the seasonal pass and owed nothing since the gate price of a 2 day ticket was $303. We were thrilled that we saved our family almost $400 for 4 seasonal passes. I also bought my grandson and his GF a 1 day 2 park ticket for $124 with the 30% discount per ticket. The discount I had received several years ago was only for 6 tickets.

Just an update: we did this last week. I bought my daughter and her family a 2 day, 2 park ticket at gate price. I got the 30% discount which brought the ticket down $90 each. Paying $199 each plus tax. She did one park, ate lunch and went to IOA and stopped at guest relations. She upgraded the ticket to the seasonal pass and owed nothing since the gate price of a 2 day ticket was $303. We were thrilled that we saved our family almost $400 for 4 seasonal passes. I also bought my grandson and his GF a 1 day 2 park ticket for $124 with the 30% discount per ticket. The discount I had received several years ago was only for 6 tickets.
Great deal ! Thanks for reporting back

Who knew they had coupons? Congrats to those who qualify/able to use.

Only once since we’ve been visiting have I not been able to upgrade a normal looking tix and that was a ‘special’ affinity one bought through Ticketmaster years ago.

FYI the USAAA tix (sports affiliation) are also not upgradeable but the terms are clearly stated for participants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter