Can you use personal hotel elite status during ABD stays?

ktsummer

Earning My Ears
Hello, I'm a long-time lurker to this board preparing for our first ABD in 3 weeks. I've finally registered for the site because I've been unable to find an answer to this question and am hoping someone here can help.

Due to extensive work travel, my husband has top tier rewards status with Marriotts, which make up two of the three hotels on our Costa Rica trip. Typically this gets him upgraded to a higher category room, among other perks. I called ABD to see if we could add his rewards numbers to our reservations, but they said with the group reservations it was not possible until we arrived at the hotels. Does anyone have experience with this? If so, did you receive the typical benefits of the rewards status or was it too late/not applicable for the hotel to adjust?

Thanks for the help!

In my experience it depends on the hotel. For Japan last summer, I believe we were able to add our loyalty number to the Hyatt reservation in Kyoto, but we weren't allowed to add our number to the Hilton in Odwara. The Hilton said that they do not take numbers for group bookings. We didn't receive any kind of special treatment at the Hyatt, but we aren't high elites there. I do recall that this issue has come but before, but I can't remember the experiences off hand. Maybe call the hotels directly to see their policy?

I'm Marriott Lifetime Titanium Ambassador and when we did the Peru ABD we stayed at a Marriott property in Lima. We flew in early and stayed on points and then the hotel kept us in the same room as our ABD reservation. Now if that had anything to do with my status or they were just nice I don't know. On our last night we stayed in the same hotel and were upgraded to a corner room suite that we got to enjoy for about 2 hours before we settled in at the bar before leaving late evening for our red eye back home. Again, no idea if that was status upgrade or ABD influence.

If your husband has an Ambassador they he should let them know so they can link the Marriott stays to the ABD reservation. If he isn't Ambassador status then he can tell the hotel at checkin, either way it can never hurt to make sure they have your member info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter