Can you walk from Pop Century to Carribean Beach Resort?

I did post this but I have no idea where it went, so here we go again...

Is it possible to walk from Pop Century to Carribean Beach Resort? They look like they are next door to each other on some of the maps I have but I was wondering how far apart they are in actuality? We are not renting a car so we are looking for restaurants that we could get to that are close to our hotel (Pop Century) but are not at the parks. Any other suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks all! :flower:

I'm pretty sure there are no sidewalks, which would make a walk pretty dangerous. In addition, I would imagine the actual distances are farther than how they might appear on a map. If you want to go to CBR from Pop, try a bus to Epcot or MGM, and then from there to CBR. Or a taxi.

-- Eric :earsboy:

No, they will not let you. My husband wanted to walk down the "driveway" of Pop and take pictures of the signs etc. and the gate CM turned him right around. There are no sidewalks and it was very dangerous with all of the buses. My DH was crazy for even trying. You are probably like a lot of new to WDW people and don't realize really how spread out everything is. I know that we were very surprised how big everything was the first time that we went.

It sounds like WDW is just like Las Vegas. Everything looks close but it's miles away. Oh well, bummer! :rolleyes: I have been to WDW 3 other times but this is the first trip I am planning so I never took notice of any of these little details before. Thanks everyone!

You would be surprised how close some things are. It is set up so you cannot walk.

If you draw a straight line from the Dolphin to the west gate of EPCOT and draw a line from the east part of EPCOT employee parking lot to the west part of OKW they are approx equal distance.

Draw a straight line from the gate of OKW to the south parking lot of POFQ its is around a little more than 500 fts maybe 600. The straight line from the entrance of the poly resort to the front gate of EPCOT is about 3 miles.

Just a little bit of more than you wanted to know. If you go to the google web site and click on more then maps and enter lake buena vista,fl you can see Disney as satelite pictures, map or a combination of both.

CBR and POP are next to each other but I don't think there is a sidewalk so you can walk.

Here are the sidewalks/paths I know of:

Between CSR and BB/Winterland-Summerland
Between Poly and GF
Between CR and MK
Between WL and FW
Between POFQ and OKW
Between OKW and DTD
Between SSR and DTD
Boardwalk Loop - YC, BC, BCV, BWI, BWV, Swan, Dolphin, Epcot, Studios

It would be nice if there were more options to walk between the various areas of WDW

:paw:

Cheers
jaysue

When we stayed at Pop in August, you could see the tops of the bldgs in CBR from our third floor hallway!!! You would have to walk through the woods to get there. As the crow flies it would probably be about a 10 minute walk. Of course, it's pretty swampy, and buggy and heaven only knows what's lying in wait for you in those woods!! So, no you can't walk.

@GADisneyDad14 is it time to lock this thread? Outdated information in post #8, no walkway WL to FW anymore, and of course the walkway between GF and Poly is closed too (hopefully just temporarily).

@GADisneyDad14 is it time to lock this thread? Outdated information in post #8, no walkway WL to FW anymore, and of course the walkway between GF and Poly is closed too (hopefully just temporarily).
When did they close the walkway between GF and Poly? We walked it a while back (after tower construction started). We just had to detour across the street and then back again to walk between the two.

When did they close the walkway between GF and Poly? We walked it a while back (after tower construction started). We just had to detour across the street and then back again to walk between the two.

It's been a few months now. But yes, when they first started the tower they went for a bit with the detour across and back over the street that you experienced... then they moved to a new path that hugged the construction fence without crossing the street...then they eventually put up signs saying no pedestrian access altogether. I think as time went on they opted to not deal with the safety issues involved with either option especially as construction traffic has picked up (my personal opinion, no specific knowledge there). But I do say it really stinks without walkable access, IMHO... will be very happy when it returns.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter