Canadian Buffoon's Hi Low Vacation - South Central Musings

It's amazing how quickly this thread moves along sometimes!

And yet sometimes it's mired in the doldrums.

I'm not even going to try and multi-quote, because I don't feel like going down and hunting everything down.

:laughing:
No worries. You do whatever you want.

I realized I never did decide on a favorite food (or foods) - but I wasn't anywhere near close to winning. Congrats, Liesa!

So, did you pick one?

I also noticed the airplane.

Fly the snarky skies.

Escargots - yum! I think dh was the first one to convince me to eat them. Mainly, I hadn't gone to places that had them available. (Even in France - we were more likely to eat street food like crepes and sandwiches made from cold cuts and fresh bread). When we do get them, it usually from a localish seafood restaurant where dh used to go regularly growing up, but we haven't gone there in ages, since it has gone a bit downhill and is a bit on the stodgy side.

I did make a point of eating them
when we were in Paris.
But even before I ordered them,
I knew they wouldn't be as good
as the Keg.

And I was right.

And...I can't remember if I was going to comment on anything else!

Well, if you think of something,
you know where to find me!

Hello Pkondz

Hi Mac!

Another of your adventures comes to a close and traveling home on your own airline as well.

I get a discount and a free
bag of pretzels.

As usual your trip report was well written with great photos to a company the text enjoyed following along

Thanks!

Hopefully your report about Las Vegas will live up to your usual standards.

I honestly don't know.
(I also don't know if I
have standards. :rolleyes1)

I didn't take notes.
Just photos.
We'll see.

Enjoy the coming weeks holidays your road trip looks most impressive.

Thanks again! :)

I'll also eat waffles with
maple syrup and bananas.

To me bananas are slimy. I only like them fresh out of the peel, in bread or a bananas Foster milk shake.

No, I meant that I saw what
you have on your list for the 16th.

Cloppitties.

I will try to remember to take pictures.

I'll be honest.

The Keg's is farrrrr superior.

No offense.

No offense taken.

No! There's a really good reason why not.

I forgot.
I totally forgot that I did... the day before.

I didn't have my iPod to take notes of that day
but I did go get my Banff HD poker chip.

So then you did get three, just not on that last day!

Cheaper to fly to/from the same airport.
Also had to return the rental.
Also cheaper to return it
to the same place I rented it.

True, and then I would have guessed Cookies by George since there was one at the Edmonton airport.

Coming in third ain't too shabby!

I'm in it to win it!

:eek: She did not!

Can a woman say that about another woman?
I certainly would never!

Well maybe it wasn't quite that harsh, but she did say "clown like" or something similar. She also said that I was "pretty enough without it". So that made it OK.

Then again,
I've seen you in person.

You're far too pretty
to worry about make up anyway.

You're very sweet as well. I don't think so as I get older and my hair is gray, but it beats the alternative.

Alison - please don't take this the wrong way. I was cracking up - they way you worded this, I had quite the visual and lol moment. I've had a few bad attempts and washed my face clean again.

Please, laugh at my expense! If you can't, what's the fun in life?

The kid one will happen... eventually.
It'll be... weird, though.
No notes were taken.

Well then you can just make it up based on your pictures! I remember what she told me.

You guys are sharing PP pictures? I didn't know you all were into that kind of stuff. :eek:

:sad2: but then again :eek: No I don't even go there! :eek: I am NOT into yellow hankies!

To me bananas are slimy. I only like them fresh out of the peel, in bread or a bananas Foster milk shake.

That's how I do it, though.

Hot waffle, honey, peel and slice a banana on top.

I will try to remember to take pictures.

Yeah!

So then you did get three, just not on that last day!

::yes::

I'm in it to win it!

Maybe next time!

Well maybe it wasn't quite that harsh, but she did say "clown like" or something similar. She also said that I was "pretty enough without it". So that made it OK.

All right. Not quite so bad, then.

You're very sweet as well. I don't think so as I get older and my hair is gray, but it beats the alternative.

Nope. Still pretty.

Last edited:

When I was around 17-18 years old...

so.... over 200 years ago...
Wow, you look amazing for your age! I need to know all your secrets!!!

To this day,
whenever he goes to a restaurant
where escargots is on the menu;
he orders it every time.
While Story #1 certainly was more entertaining, I'm sure glad for Dan's girlfriend that there was an alternative ending...

Back to home.
Back to work.
Ugh.

I immediately started planning
my next getaway.
Yes! This always makes the return to reality a little less, um, depressing. :thumbsup2

I vote yes for a Vegas recap!

Wow, you look amazing for your age! I need to know all your secrets!!!

Gas.

Never hold it in. Just let 'em rip.

I may be old... but I have no friends.

While Story #1 certainly was more entertaining, I'm sure glad for Dan's girlfriend that there was an alternative ending...

:rolleyes:

That would be correct.

Yes! This always makes the return to reality a little less, um, depressing. :thumbsup2

Reality ain't all it's cracked up to be.

I vote yes for a Vegas recap!

:laughing: Okay, that makes at least three of you.

Good enough.

Nope. Not slimy.

Well....

Would you consider a mushroom
covered in garlic butter slimy?

Kind of like that, but a bit more chewy
and sometimes a bit grittier.

I probably wouldn't consider mushrooms slimy. They're more solid. However, having tried them, I really hate mushrooms!:rotfl2:

You know snails are not seafood, right?

Yes. You mentioned lobster, and that's where my comment was headed. It made sense in my brain at the time, which I know is a poor justification for anything.

Not to worry.
You do what you can do.

Maybe some day it'll work out.

Hoping for a pretty big road trip in
the next year or two so...

I hope it will work out. That was my biggest regret of our Midwest trip.

So when you're hoping for a big road trip, do you mean for you or me? Do you have something in the works?

A snail walks into a car dealership
and buys a car and then asks
if they can paint a big "S"
on the side.
When questioned why,
the snail replies...
"So people can point and say,
"Look at that S car go!""

Yep, I definitely snickered at this one. I just love a good Dad joke :)

I gotta know...
This dude.
Coolest ever?
Or just annoying?

bus%20guy_zpshyww2rs6.gif

Let me know.

One of our local radio station morning guys here in Edmonton is always talking about things that are "Douche-moves (DM's) or power-moves (PM's)". I'd say the guy in that GIF is pulling an epic DM.

There was a Five Guys
less than 10 minutes away, so...

Let's eat!

I don't think I realized there was a 5 Guys in Red Deer! Is it along Gasoline Alley or is it inside the actual city?

It would be so much better
if they would melt the cheese.
I wonder if you can ask for that?
It messes up the grill, so maybe not?

Hmm, I haven't ate at 5 Guys lately, but I could have sworn the cheese has always been melted on my burgers.

We had plenty of time,
so we wandered about for a bit.
We spotted a Cookies by George
and made a bee line.

Of course. Called it! I'm just sad because our flight this Friday night leaves really late, so Cookies by George will already be closed by the time we get there :( The Boston Pizza by the Booster Juice stays open late though! Yum, cactus cuts!

That airline appears to have the same colours as WestJet...

I probably wouldn't consider mushrooms slimy. They're more solid. However, having tried them, I really hate mushrooms!:rotfl2:

:lmao: Well, then maybe it's not for you.
Try it though and see for yourself.

Yes. You mentioned lobster, and that's where my comment was headed. It made sense in my brain at the time, which I know is a poor justification for anything.

Probably one of the worst possible.

I hope it will work out. That was my biggest regret of our Midwest trip.

I rather doubt that!

Wait. It's possible.

Was that your only regret?

So when you're hoping for a big road trip, do you mean for you or me? Do you have something in the works?

For me.

Something in the works.... well... vaguely.
I'm looking at maybe taking my bike.
And I'm hoping to be on the road...
for about a month.

Nothing concrete.
Possibilities are the West Coast highway
and most of Route 66 (No gravel please.)

Yep, I definitely snickered at this one. I just love a good Dad joke :)

It's not just a Dad joke.
It's an antique!

One of our local radio station morning guys here in Edmonton is always talking about things that are "Douche-moves (DM's) or power-moves (PM's)". I'd say the guy in that GIF is pulling an epic DM.

:laughing:

So... not so cool then.

I don't think I realized there was a 5 Guys in Red Deer! Is it along Gasoline Alley or is it inside the actual city?

Gasoline Alley ends and merges into 50 Ave.
It's about 1/2 a km north on 50.

Hmm, I haven't ate at 5 Guys lately, but I could have sworn the cheese has always been melted on my burgers.

Not this one.
Disappointed.

Of course. Called it! I'm just sad because our flight this Friday night leaves really late, so Cookies by George will already be closed by the time we get there :( The Boston Pizza by the Booster Juice stays open late though! Yum, cactus cuts!

No cookies... :(
But the rest? :)

That airline appears to have the same colours as WestJet...

We bought it off them.
Haven't painted it fuchsia and puce, yet.

The following week I leave for my road trip.
Looks like I'll be getting as far

Ok, so quoting on my tablet not working so hot, but no possibly about it! I don't care if we have to drag you into NC. You're coming.

"So people can point and say,
"Look at that S car go!"")

My dad's best friend races vintage cars. The first car his dad raced was a Honda S800. Their team name is Team Escargot.

I need to torture you some more
by throwing in a whole bunch
of unnecessary verbiage.

So basically like reading Lord of the Rings again.

Have a great trip down east and on your road trip wherever you may wander.

Of those 11 turkeys, I still have four or five left. We didn't buy any last year, so I need to eat those last four or five by November. So I guess that means one turkey a month for the next five months. :laughing:

I cooked one a few days ago. So far we've had 2 full turkey dinners, 3 meals of turkey and dumplings (or will by tomorrow), turkey noodle soup, and 2 meals of enchiladas. I've got 3 baggies of shredded turkey in the freezer too for future consumption. So that thing fed 5 people 12 meals, plus a few lunches.

Congrats Steppe.

Thanks! :)

Well considering the prize(s)
are already bought and paid for...

But if you want me to throw them out...

And congrats again!
\

Well, if you are bringing them in person, I mean, er... Ok!!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

The offer stands unless we can get back to Oregon. Of course that would be a new offer and then Liesa and I will fight over you. :goodvibes

Nah, we'll all just go to Annette's for Benedict and then to the Gorge to see Multnomah Falls. (Dibs on the radio dial!)

Methinks you should be "carpooling" with us. Or, we could all meet up in The Peg and all fly down to Florida together, in your plane... :rolleyes:

I'll fly!!!

Wouldn't that be fun though?
A bunch of us all get together
and descend on Disney!

Yes, it would!

Soooo close! I'm proud of the rally I made at the end there. I usually never do this well in contests.

Congratulations, @Steppesister !

I'd bet if you met up with him, he'd bring gifties. ;)

Gambled, drank, slept very little. Vegas.

Sorry, just wrote it for you.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Unlike some other lazy people around here...:rolleyes1

Now you've got me feeling guilty for not trying to schedule a long weekend to make it! I really wish I could. In any case, it's great that there will be such a cool DIS Meet going on. One of these days...

We'll miss you for sure! :) (Should I send some lasagna your way?)

Nothing concrete.
Possibilities are the West Coast highway
and most of Route 66 (No gravel please.)

Let me know when you do this! I have some very cool sights along the way that aren't to be missed!

(Some of you, I'll catch in person!)

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

:dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter