Canadian Buffoon's Hi Low Vacation - South Central Musings

I cooked one a few days ago. So far we've had 2 full turkey dinners, 3 meals of turkey and dumplings (or will by tomorrow), turkey noodle soup, and 2 meals of enchiladas. I've got 3 baggies of shredded turkey in the freezer too for future consumption. So that thing fed 5 people 12 meals, plus a few lunches.

That's about how my turkey goes, except with only two of us there are a lot more "kitty meals" in there and we do the turkey enchiladas rancheras, turkey and dumplings, plus Fran has a bunch of turkey sandwiches and then I vacuum seal the rest of it in 1/4 to 1/2 pound packages. The two we do that you didn't mention were turkey Egg Foo Young and Turkey A la King. Then there's the turkey salad sandwiches because I'm not a fan of plain turkey sandwiches. I can't even keep track of how much it feeds us because so much goes in the freezer, but for around $10 at Thanksgiving, I'd say it's a heck of a good deal of a meal!

plate_zpsg7e7tiyk.jpg

OPNRD was already taken
U4EA was too
999HH apparently isn't allowed (No ###XX compbinations)

From what you said about the trip you're planning, this sounds like a perfect plate!

That's about how my turkey goes, except with only two of us there are a lot more "kitty meals" in there and we do the turkey enchiladas rancheras, turkey and dumplings, plus Fran has a bunch of turkey sandwiches and then I vacuum seal the rest of it in 1/4 to 1/2 pound packages. The two we do that you didn't mention were turkey Egg Foo Young and Turkey A la King. Then there's the turkey salad sandwiches because I'm not a fan of plain turkey sandwiches. I can't even keep track of how much it feeds us because so much goes in the freezer, but for around $10 at Thanksgiving, I'd say it's a heck of a good deal of a meal!
I think some of the bagged turkey will go to A La King for sure, and some will go to Divan.

But yes! For $10-$20 it's a GREAT deal!!

Congrats on the plate! Looks really awesome and I truly hope all your WANDRings take you to beautiful, fulfilling places. :)

Well, after a story like that I guess I'll have to try some escargot! (In my defense, I haven't really had the opportunity to try it yet!)

Um, that dude is ANNOYING! I'd be so mad if I was that bus driver!

Mmm. Five Guys. I am surprised that your cheese wasn't melted. Our local ones always melt the cheese!!

YOU HAVE YOUR OWN AIRLINE!?!? Can I get a discount?

I'd like to hear about Vegas!

Hope you have a fun trip!

So... I went M.I.A.
Life was crazy, then we were in wdw for 2 weeks.
I'm back now and trying to catch up.

Miss me?

So I finally come back and it's over??? Figures!
Are you doing a TR on DL? I wouldn't mind your thoughts on Vegas. We're going in September, 17-22, staying downtown at Fremont Hotel.
I love Five Guys! Hate cheese on burgers!
Leaving in the morning for Frankenmuth. I won't be able to meet up with you next week. Hopefully another time soon.

Something in the works.... well... vaguely.
I'm looking at maybe taking my bike.
And I'm hoping to be on the road...
for about a month.

Nothing concrete.
Possibilities are the West Coast highway
and most of Route 66 (No gravel please.)

Interesting...we have looked at traveling Route 66 (or what's sort of left of it), are you thinking of towing your bike and along or doing the whole thing on the bike? That would be quite admirable and probably require lots of laundry stops if you did it entirely on the bike! But then again you fit way more in a suitcase than we can. You are much smaller than each of us, so your clothes don't take up as much space. I would hope that you could make a detour to visit us on this great Route 66 traverse. You could always stay in Olga's room, if you can stand the smell of the cat boxes, not in Olga's room, but in our house.

:lmao: Well, then maybe it's not for you.
Try it though and see for yourself.

I know that's the proper, adult thing to do.

Probably one of the worst possible.

Gotta call it as you see it. I understand.

I rather doubt that!

Wait. It's possible.

Was that your only regret?

No. I also regretted having to tell Dave we wouldn't make the baseball game when our flight out was cancelled.

For me.

Something in the works.... well... vaguely.
I'm looking at maybe taking my bike.
And I'm hoping to be on the road...
for about a month.

Nothing concrete.
Possibilities are the West Coast highway
and most of Route 66 (No gravel please.)

Awesome! Wherever you go, I'm sure it would be an incredible trip!

Those are nowhere near Delaware, though.:sad2:

Okay kids.
Not sure when or if I'll be on again.
Heading out to Nova Scotia tomorrow morning.

Have fun storming Nova Scotia!

plate_zpsg7e7tiyk.jpg

OPNRD was already taken
U4EA was too
999HH apparently isn't allowed (No ###XX compbinations)

Well, it still works. All that's left is to enjoy the ride.

I'd bet if you met up with him, he'd bring gifties. ;)

I would too, if I could actually find anything unique to Delaware. For some reason, nobody wants scrapple.:confused3

We'll miss you for sure! :) (Should I send some lasagna your way?)

I wish I could make it happen! I do love me some lasagna.

What a great trip! I'm sorry I wasn't able to comment and participate more. It's taken some time to get used to the new home and new state. Flying back on your own jet even. Are you going to do a Disneyland trip report? I really want to get some tips before we leave.

So, what do you do when you have a nearly 3 yr old who has croup and doesn't want to sleep at night? CATCH UP ON PKONDZ TR!
So- I made it for the end! Three nights in a row just reading.
I saw all of the Marvins/Pkondz interjections except the cow one at the end, the Marvin on the stairs during the dismeet and the Marvin in the crowd of people at the ice place.
Also- I guess I missed it... how did we know which bus was yours?
Couple of things:
that guy was annoying- stopping a bus to tie your shoe is rude.
My favorite dessert is probably cheesecake because you can have it plain or fancied up as much as you like.

So, when does your TR start for your DL trip?... so I can start reading that now and catch up in November when I've got more free time :rolleyes1:sad2:

ALSO- living in Indianapolis- home of the ACTUAL Gasoline Alley- I take offense to the Harley Davidson that says "Gasoline Alley"
Here is THE REAL Gasoline Alley at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (taken in 2012 during a Practice day for the Indianapolis 500)

And this is me and my dad standing at the entrance to Gasoline Alley with the famous Pagoda at the end (behind us)

Can't wait to read your DL TR!

There! I did it! You didn’t think I would but I did! I read all 139 pages and all 2771 comments!

6066a96f3ec8269cc0ab2a4d85199e0a9aa3a27c.gif

Okay fine, I’m lying! I read the updates! Sue me! :snooty:

200.gif

But don’t really, I need my money for important things, like Disney and shoes! Okay?

giphy.gif

Now I did quote a ton of stuff but before I could finish my computer crashed. All my witty double entendres GONE FOREVER!

giphy.gif

And though I love you Pkondz-bear I was NOT going through all of it again!

nope.gif

But I quoted the most important stuff! :thumbsup2

Mainly the parts I’m in! And I am very upset that I didn’t get any bonus points for being in the actual TR I will forgive you as you gave me chocolate!

tenor.gif

orangecats2 - Canadian Buffoon disappoints the English ladies - 5 points (I still laugh at that one.)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

a52.gif

(I'm kidding)

Won't you join me?

But I already did!

Who did I meet?

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F11%2Ffinally.gif

...and I guess @TheLittleKatie was there too, whateves! :rolleyes: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This is perfect.

latest

After a while, Lu showed up!

:wave:

We said hello and she said
that Katie and Jamie were on their way
and she was going to wait outside.

That was because the CM at the door shouted at me and told me I could go in for a second then I had to GET OUT!

freaky-friday-chill.gif

Lu returned with Katie and Jamie.
And we chit chatted for a bit.

::yes::

Note to self. Don't host another DISmeet.
You suck at it.

Yeah...

latest

You did great! :hug:

At least I got the rest of us on "film".

IMG_1697b_zps0dmddi4r.jpg

Hey those people look familiar :scratchin

No. Not between myself
and the others due to age gap.
No... it was the women.
They simply did not get along.

Lu said she wanted to sit across from me,
then Katie said she should get that spot.
Lu said she knew me best.
Katie said she knew me longest

IMG_1698_zpslh6apqh8.jpg

They started fighting.

I totally won that fight! I got skillz!

9wkZg.gif

I mean to you see @TheLittleKatie anywhere around here? :cool2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Katie had a big grin on her face.

"I got you something." She said.
And passed over a small bag.

Inside was.... a Disney Springs
Harley Davidson poker chip!

She didn't even know this
(and she still doesn't... miss her)
but she had just saved me
from going home without one
(or trying desperately to replace
the one I'd lost.)

"It's pink." She said. "So whenever
you look at it you'll think of me."

I was very touched by her thoughtfulness.
And it's my favourite poker chip.

That was so sweet of her and you gave us goodie bags, and I feel AWFUL I didn't bring you anything! :sad::sad2:

latest

But hey I'm going to WDW in September 2018 if you want a redo...

tenor.gif

You know...
I must admit.... I was a bit nervous
about meeting these three.
There's a bit of an.... age gap.
But... speaking only for myself,
I had a really wonderful time.

Me too! :hug:

Jamie and Katie got in line at the Hawaii booth,
followed by Lu and myself bringing up the rear.

;)

(Oh, if only Lu was still around.
How she'd have fun that.)

I am! I did!

Of course they were buying for all of us.
It was very generous of them
and I appreciated the gesture.

IMG_1699_zpswirpxoaj.jpg

Again I was just that sucky people who shows up to a party empty handed and just takes stuff home! :sad2:

Raccoon-Steals-Cat-Food.gif

Okay... I know there are language differences
between North American and British, but....

You know.
Apartment = Flat
Trunk = Boot
Truck = Lorry

But I don't claim to know 'em all.

Like.
Pacifier = Dummy
Checkers = Draughts
or even
Zucchini = Courgette

Eggplant = Aubergine
Sneakers = Trainers
Sweater = Jumper
French Fries = Chips
Chips = Crisps
Cookie = Biscuit
Diaper = Nappy

And my personal favourite which causes massive and hilarious confusion:

Fanny Pack = Bum Bag (neither sound all that appealing!)
To us Fanny = Errrr...a lady's...flower garden ;)
Hearing people shouting "Can you move your fanny?" has a whole different meaning!

After we finished our sliders,
the young'uns were talking
about maybe heading over to MK.
I was very (very!) tempted
to tag along....

YOU SHOULD HAVE COME WITH US!!!!!!!!!

But... I didn't want to cramp
their style by having to have
some old fart bumbling along
after them.

I made my excuses and we
parted company.
I was sad to see them go, though.
I was having fun!

And that's she quoted!

9202105.gif

Stopping by to wish you a Happy Father's Day!
I hope you get time to spend with your girls and they thank you for the good dad things you do for them:-)
We are taking my dad for breakfast (I better get in the shower!) Then grilling out when son comes home from work at 6.
Sadly... my daughter is in her new apartment and will be there this summer working in the town she goes to school. So we won't see her.
But... we did see her the last two weekends, first she came home for a wedding and then we helped move her. Then last weekend she had a music festival and it was easier to drive from here since it was an all day late drive back.
Plus we got to take care of her cat "Mink". It was nice seeing her but it will be a strange summer not seeing her more often.

I feel bad that I had fallen off the grid with your TR and contest. I have no major excuse besides not getting here more often then just popping in to check what's new. Then back to my shy, non-posting self.
So I will quickly say(still need to shower!) that as always, I enjoy your TR and grateful that I do have it to look at to escape life for a few moments. So Thanks again!
Your pictures were beautiful and fun to see the different sites.
Just in case, I will say it now......like I tell my kids....On your bike trip...BE SMART, BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!!!

Okay! Back from Nova Scotia.
Trip didn't go quite as planned.
But only one of us got hurt.
And not too seriously.

Although, it could have been...
So I should be grateful.

And now I'm leaving
on my next trip in 7 hours...

Shout outs!

Well, after a story like that I guess I'll have to try some escargot! (In my defense, I haven't really had the opportunity to try it yet!)

Let me know if you do!

Um, that dude is ANNOYING! I'd be so mad if I was that bus driver!

I'm sure he was thrilled.

Mmm. Five Guys. I am surprised that your cheese wasn't melted. Our local ones always melt the cheese!!

I can't remember if ours does or not.

Hmm.... Future research project.

YOU HAVE YOUR OWN AIRLINE!?!? Can I get a discount?

Sure!
How far north do you wanna go?

I'd like to hear about Vegas!

:laughing: Okay!

Hope you have a fun trip!

Thanks!
Apart from that one scary moment,
the first one was pretty good.

Now on to the second one!

So I finally come back and it's over??? Figures!

Well that's what you get
for disappearing like that!

Are you doing a TR on DL?

I will be eventually, yes.

I wouldn't mind your thoughts on Vegas. We're going in September, 17-22, staying downtown at Fremont Hotel.

I've been 3 times and always
stayed on the strip.

But we did visit that area this time.

Details coming.... sorta soon?

I love Five Guys! Hate cheese on burgers!

Not everyone likes it.
You can still be my friend.

Leaving in the morning for Frankenmuth. I won't be able to meet up with you next week. Hopefully another time soon.

You never know when
I'll be heading back
towards Cleveland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter