Canadian cancellations

Kellars

Mama Odie's protege
How does a Canadian cancel/modify a reservation due to hurricane without incurring $75 worth of phone charges. I have emailed looking for an answer but no response yet. We are supposed to check in Thurs but don’t want to drive through storm debris or get stuck with no lodging or gas on the trip down.

Here's a few options for you to try:

Google Hangouts -- it's an APP for either Android or Apple devices that people swear by

Some people have had luck using this method: use this....they will transfer you 1-888-870-9173 it is the special events line but they always transfer me where I need to go when I press zero

Or this : Use 10-10-710 it costs 99 cents for up to 110 minutes. Info about this service can be found HERE

Long distance is so cheap these days. I don’t know how it could cost anywhere near $75. I call from the west coast and I doubt it’s more than $5 for me.
But you can buy a calling card from 7-Eleven

Long distance is so cheap these days. I don’t know how it could cost anywhere near $75. I call from the west coast and I doubt it’s more than $5 for me.

Our hold time was estimated at over 90 minutes. We only have cellular service so $5 only gets us through the opening questionaire before being put out to pasture. I am so disappointed that we no longer have a toll free number to call for assistance. If I had a free number to call I would have held for 3 hours!

Our hold time was estimated at over 90 minutes. We only have cellular service so $5 only gets us through the opening questionaire before being put out to pasture. I am so disappointed that we no longer have a toll free number to call for assistance. If I had a free number to call I would have held for 3 hours!
I’m with you. It does add up fast and I easily see charges of $25-30 on my cell bill after a call to Disney and that’s when I’m not on hold first. Calls are rarely quick because it takes time to modify packages, the chit chat etc. I love the Disney customer service but not crazy about the cell phone bill.

My husband called Disney on his cell not clueing in that he would be paying long distance. 53 minutes and $31 dollars later, we won’t be doing that again...

I had to use google hangouts the other week when I cancelled my Sept trip and wanted to double check my ADRs and extras were also cancelled. I was on the phone with WDW for over 1.5 hrs. Most of that time was on hold and navigating their menus. Google hangouts saved me some decent $. However, VOIP is only as good as your internet service. Mine was spotty and some of the CMs were struggling to hear me. Nonetheless, it worked. ps long distance to the US is not included in many of our telephone bundles. Canadian long distance may be cheap, US and other international calls add up quickly.

I had to use google hangouts the other week when I cancelled my Sept trip and wanted to double check my ADRs and extras were also cancelled. I was on the phone with WDW for over 1.5 hrs. Most of that time was on hold and navigating their menus. Google hangouts saved me some decent $. However, VOIP is only as good as your internet service. Mine was spotty and some of the CMs were struggling to hear me. Nonetheless, it worked. ps long distance to the US is not included in many of our telephone bundles. Canadian long distance may be cheap, US and other international calls add up quickly.
I have a fairly good internet service but I really think Disney should reconsider a Canadian toll free option. VoIP is not an option for many and I don’t enjoy jumping hoops through free apps to spend $$$ at Disney as much as I love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!