Canadian Disney Gift Cards

Datney

Earning My Ears
In the past few days it seems Disney gift cards have started to hit stores in Canada!! I have found them at:

Sobey's & Shoppers Drug Mart.

Just wondering if anyone has located them in other stores? Now we just need some discount offers like our American friends.

I hadn’t noticed them in Shoppers. We don’t have Sobeys here. Are they like the gift cards sold in Disney Store in Canada? You buy card but value you get is tied to the exchange rate of the day you’re using it. Not sure I like that. I’d rather just buy my US cash when CAD goes up, then when I get to WDW can buy GC there.
I find it easier to pay for dining with a GC rather than carry cash.

I hadn’t noticed them in Shoppers. We don’t have Sobeys here. Are they like the gift cards sold in Disney Store in Canada? You buy card but value you get is tied to the exchange rate of the day you’re using it. Not sure I like that. I’d rather just buy my US cash when CAD goes up, then when I get to WDW can buy GC there.
I find it easier to pay for dining with a GC rather than carry cash.

Yes.... I think they will be more useful for me to pay down my reservation. I bought a gift card at Sobey's and then made a payment on my reservation. The exchange rate was descent though. My payment converted at 1.246.... and I earned Air Miles :)

Yes.... I think they will be more useful for me to pay down my reservation. I bought a gift card at Sobey's and then made a payment on my reservation. The exchange rate was descent though. My payment converted at 1.246.... and I earned Air Miles :)
How did that compare to bank rate? Do you get a better exchange rate from GC? I haven’t bought any USD in a few weeks.
What denominations do they carry and how do you know how much it will be in USD to make payment? If you can get a better exchange rate that would be a great idea to use it to pay for resort res.

I noticed them at Rexall this week too. You can put between $25-$200 on them. I was thinking they'd be a cute Christmas gift for my kids to buy souvenirs.

Sometimes, Shoppers has promos with their gift cards - buy so much $$ and get bonus SDM points.

How did that compare to bank rate? Do you get a better exchange rate from GC? I haven’t bought any USD in a few weeks.
What denominations do they carry and how do you know how much it will be in USD to make payment? If you can get a better exchange rate that would be a great idea to use it to pay for resort res.

Yes. The bank rate was over 1.27 at the time. One thing I realized, Disney has a minimum payment of $20USD so if you purchase a $25CDN card and the exchange rate is above 1.25 it will be less then $20USD so probably better to buy a bit more the $25 just in case.

You get the precious days closing exchange rate and completely bypass any foreign exchange conversion fees. I did this a few weeks ago and was able to pay off my room at 1.2345

Sounds good to me. I think I’ll pay off my Aug trip this way. Too late for November, I think I’m all but $150 paid off. Guess I can pay the last little bit off with GC. Saving exchange fee sounds good to me too! Although I won’t get my Alaska miles not using my Alaska CC lol. And Airmiles not what it used to be.

Someone in another group reported seeing Disney gift cards at Canadian Tire. I checked my local Canadian Tire, Shoppers Drug Mart (2 locations) and Rexall and didn’t find them

In the past few days it seems Disney gift cards have started to hit stores in Canada!! I have found them at:

Sobey's & Shoppers Drug Mart.

Just wondering if anyone has located them in other stores? Now we just need some discount offers like our American friends.

Where are you located??

Can everyone please share where you find them(location and store). Hoping at some point there will be a discounted deal on them, as well will buy them for the shoppers Gift Card Bonus point deal that happens every November.

I stopped in at my closest medium size shoppers drug mart and talked to the manager who knows me, he looked and sure enough, a few packs of Disney gift cards and it says right on them can be used for Disney Resorts, stores, at Disney theme parks etc. Now we just need some kind of deals to lower the price from face value. FYI, he also mentioned he can order in as many as I want, he orders on Sunday, arrive on Tuesday.

Can everyone please share where you find them(location and store). Hoping at some point there will be a discounted deal on them, as well will buy them for the shoppers Gift Card Bonus point deal that happens every November.

I thought you couldn't use Optimum points to buy gift cards for other retailers? Same for PC Plus points.

Shoppers does a gift card bonus, usually in November, buy so much $$ in gift cards and get bonus points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!