Canadian Disney Gift Cards

I do apologize if this question has been asked /answered.....has anyone used the Canadian Disney gift cards in Disney already or just online? My plan was to book a room only, buy the park tickets using the current Canadian ticket price and take the Disney gift cards with me to pay for meals....the only problem is I need to make sure people have done this and the cards are being accepted at resorts, stores and restaurants within Disney...also, how does exchange rate work( is it exchanged the day you buy them or the day you use them?)Thanks :)

I do apologize if this question has been asked /answered.....has anyone used the Canadian Disney gift cards in Disney already or just online? My plan was to book a room only, buy the park tickets using the current Canadian ticket price and take the Disney gift cards with me to pay for meals....the only problem is I need to make sure people have done this and the cards are being accepted at resorts, stores and restaurants within Disney...also, how does exchange rate work( is it exchanged the day you buy them or the day you use them?)Thanks :)

The exchange rate is the day you use the cards not buy the card.

I have a room only reservation and I am applying the cards to my reservation to prepay by calling the reservation number . I was just going to hold all the cards until I got to the park but feel the exchange rate will not improve so want to lock in at the current rate.

It says on the cards that they are good at the parks, plus DCL and even Adventure by Disney trips.

Anyone know where to buy them in Vancouver? Would love to get some from Shoppers but my local store doesn't have them. Anyone know any in Vancouver that does?
I have found them at the Safeway in Lougheed Mall COQUITLAM. And also at Metrotown Disney store. You can load them with what amount you want up to $500

Hi There,
This idea seems great just wondering which sobeys and shoppers you found them at? Maybe I’m in the same area. I’d like to buy these as well!
Thanks
Sorry for the delay. I found them in Peterborough Ontario.

Can you just buy them at the Disney Store too? I am going to send my husband there for a Christmas gift for the kids so they can buy their own souvenir when we are in WDW.

I just bought some pins at Disney Springs and they worked!

Any sighted in BC yet? This totally changes my 'carrying wads of cash south' game!
Yes,I think I saw them at Save on Foods and maybe Walmart. Seeing this, I think if we have any left over from money we get a Xmas I am definitely buying GCs and paying it off that way!!

Not sure this has been asked, but my family and I are heading on a Disney Cruise 2018 December my TA said I can use the Disney GC to pay for my balance is this right? Can I also use it as credit on board? Can you only get the GC at the Disney Store? I'm in Airdrie Alberta. Does it work out better then using my Canadian CC?

Not sure this has been asked, but my family and I are heading on a Disney Cruise 2018 December my TA said I can use the Disney GC to pay for my balance is this right? Can I also use it as credit on board? Can you only get the GC at the Disney Store? I'm in Airdrie Alberta. Does it work out better then using my Canadian CC?
1: Yes from the Gift card site : The Disney Gift Card can be used to apply payment toward your shipboard account during your cruise, so you can use it to purchase Spa Treatments, Shore Excursions, Photographs at Shutters and onboard Merchandise. You can also use your Disney Gift Card toward your Disney Cruise Line reservation by calling 1-866-784-1628 or online at DisneyCruise.com.

2: No, the gift cards have started to appear in stores across the country that carry cards --Shoppers, Rexall, Canadian Tire etc. You can try searching in just this thread for your area to see if they've been spotted

3: The advantage to using the GC is you won't have a foreign transaction fee on your credit card on top of the exchange rate so IMHO, yes it's better.

I know the title is Canadian Gift Cards but thought I would let people know that Target has 10% off their gift cards today.
The target gift cards can be used to purchase Disney Gift Cards.
You can order them to be emailed to you so you won't have a physical card, and you must put in a US address ( I don't know why since it isn't being mailed). You would then have to take the egift card to a Target in the US to get your Disney Gift card as you cannot buy Disney Gift cards online using a Target Gift Card.
The pro's are that you end up having a gift card with a US amount on it at today's exchange rate. If you purchase a Canadian Disney Gift card you get the US exchange rate at the time of redeeming it so if the dollar gets lower you lose money.
The con's are you will have to get to a Target in the US to purchase the Disney Gift Card. Also I think you may. have to claim the purchase going over the border so in order not to pay duty you would have to use it as our exemption 24 hrs $200, 48 hrs $800.
Anyhow just food for thought it anyone is interested.

I applied a Disney gift card to my room only reservation last night. Exchange rate was 1.2684. I have in the past found the Rate from the TD bank web site for US exchange to be the same as my credit card charges,and that is showing right now at 1.3065.

I found them again at Walmart in Halifax, $25 AND $50! I struggled whether to pick any up as I'm not sure I want to depart with the cash in our savings account right before Christmas. Good to see that they will still be bringing them in though. I thought it was a one-time thing.

Update for Victoria, BC people!!!

I found the loadable $25-$500 Disney cards at the Hillside Thrifty Foods!!!

I think it's pretty safe to say they will be almost everywhere soon. I've seen them at Save On Foods, Walmart, Superstore and Canadian Tire here in Prince George, BC

Just an fyi that I have found a way to lock in your rate on the Canadian gift card. You just need to transfer the money from your CDN dollar gift card to a USD gift card. Then you locked in that exchange rate.

I had an empty USD card from my march trip and transferred $100.00 cdn to it when it said it was worth $78.83. The whole day it stayed at $78.83 when another CDN card was worth $78.85. So I locked in my $100 CDN at $78.83. Today I now transferred the other $100 CDN to the USD card and combined the. $78.83 and $78.85

Just an fyi that I have found a way to lock in your rate on the Canadian gift card. You just need to transfer the money from your CDN dollar gift card to a USD gift card. Then you locked in that exchange rate.

I had an empty USD card from my march trip and transferred $100.00 cdn to it when it said it was worth $78.83. The whole day it stayed at $78.83 when another CDN card was worth $78.85. So I locked in my $100 CDN at $78.83. Today I now transferred the other $100 CDN to the USD card and combined the. $78.83 and $78.85

Interesting. I have a few USD cards from Disney Movie rewards, they are empty now. I wonder if that would work...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!