Canadian DVC Members - 198 - List on Page 1

Hi to all from another DVC owner. We had our first trip home Dec/Jan and it was wonderful. We split our 2 week stay between SSR and BCV. :cool1: We are so happy we decided to take the plunge and look forward to TWO TRIPS coming up, but not soon enough.

Welcome Home

We purchased SSR in December 2006, looking forward to our first trip "home" on April 28th. We have already booked BCV for Oct/07:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We love our DVC too:thumbsup2 . Have had stays at SSR, OKW and BCV with another SSR trip coming soon. Spoke to our guide yesterday to add on another 100 points.

Wlecome aboard. We bought in 2005 as well and have gone the SSR, BCV and recently Vero.

I have the bug too and am thinking hard about AKV.

What's the best way to get to Vero Beach and Hilton Head Island? How far are they from here? ( I live in Niagara Falls)

I like taking the plane from Buffalo to Orlando when I visit WDW, but I have no idea how to get to the other two locations.:confused3

What's the best way to get to Vero Beach and Hilton Head Island? How far are they from here? ( I live in Niagara Falls)

I like taking the plane from Buffalo to Orlando when I visit WDW, but I have no idea how to get to the other two locations.:confused3
Vero Beach is around 160 km southeast of Orlando so flying to Orlando and renting a car is probably the simplest. Hilton Head is around 1500 km from Niagara Falls. The closest major city is Savannah, GA. It's about 60 km drive.

We are going in Sept and are taking a tour of the resorts they are selling, I was considering cancelling our trip and using that money to buy some points but decided to go anyways, We got the 40% code for Ploynesian and I figure when we buy DVC we probably won't end up staying there as it isn't one of the resorts...

So, I was wondering to people who have already bought,
Did you find that with disney because you don't have a US credit score its unlikey to get perferred financing??

I was thinking of buying a small contract so I would not have to finance (don't really want 14.5%).. But I would like SSR or AKL which don't really go for resale as often...

We financed our purchased with our secured line of credit. It is currently at 6%. Canadian interest rates are much lower than American ones.

Also a Canadian DVC member. We purchased SSR about a year ago. We'd love to add on at AKV, also, but can't find the money at the moment. (We'll just have to hope for cancellations at 7 months.)

We are going in Sept and are taking a tour of the resorts they are selling, I was considering cancelling our trip and using that money to buy some points but decided to go anyways, We got the 40% code for Ploynesian and I figure when we buy DVC we probably won't end up staying there as it isn't one of the resorts...

So, I was wondering to people who have already bought,
Did you find that with disney because you don't have a US credit score its unlikey to get perferred financing??

I was thinking of buying a small contract so I would not have to finance (don't really want 14.5%).. But I would like SSR or AKL which don't really go for resale as often...
There are a tonne of SSR resales out there. Check the link on the DVC page for The Timeshare Store. AKL just started selling so I doubt there are resales for that yet.

If you can try to secure your own financing such as a line of credit. You'll have a much lower interest rate and don't have to deal with a fluctuating exchange rate.

I agree about securing your financing here. If the dollar takes a tumble again it will up your overall costs.

Good Luck

I am really interested in a DVC membership but I am having a hard time understanding all this "points" stuff. I understand that you purchase the membership for a flat rate (i think $15,000 around) but then do you have to buy points every year? How many points do you get with the $15,000? Help!!!:confused3

I am really interested in a DVC membership but I am having a hard time understanding all this "points" stuff. I understand that you purchase the membership for a flat rate (i think $15,000 around) but then do you have to buy points every year? How many points do you get with the $15,000? Help!!!:confused3
IcePrincess467 I suggest you read through the FAQ on wdwinfo, http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/faq.shtml, and if you still have questions post something on the DVC Operations board. You will get a wider array of opinions posting there.

Another Canadian DVC owner checking in. I bought 200 VWL points last year, and have stayed at VWL and SSR so far. I'm really looking forward to trying the AKL! Love that place!

DVC was the best thing we could have ever done and as stated before the only regret is not doing it sooner.

I'm really sorry to ask as this may be a stupid question. I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a DVC resort. My question revolves around the month I should be looking for. Normally we go off season, however my 4 yr old will start school so it's almost gauranteed I'll need to book peak periods. If I wanted to go lets say March should I purchase April points as I can book the home resort 11 monts prior. I have done all the reading and understand how everything works for the exception of this one point. I just want to be sure before I make this commitment.

Thanks

I'm really sorry to ask as this may be a stupid question. I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a DVC resort. My question revolves around the month I should be looking for. Normally we go off season, however my 4 yr old will start school so it's almost gauranteed I'll need to book peak periods. If I wanted to go lets say March should I purchase April points as I can book the home resort 11 monts prior. I have done all the reading and understand how everything works for the exception of this one point. I just want to be sure before I make this commitment.

Thanks

We have a Feb use year and we travel in early Dec each year and just take the ids out of school to go we always tend to go the first couple weeks of Dec it is usualy pretty great in the weather department and the crowds tend to be quite low also. Even with kids in school there is no way in hell I would change the time of year we travel to Disney school be damned the kids are coming on holidays with us LOL.

If I wanted to go lets say March should I purchase April points as I can book the home resort 11 monts prior. I have done all the reading and understand how everything works for the exception of this one point.

Actually, when you book at 11 months you have to have points that will be useable at the time of travel. The points don't have to be current at booking time. So, you can get any UY that works for you.

We have an Aug UY because our two most likely disney times are late Aug or Dec/Jan. By having an Aug UY the points are brand new for our first attempted trip and still fully bankable if we also miss the second window in a given year.

Thus, my advice would be to figure out your most likely travel times and make some calculations around banking. If you think you'll probably travel during March Break but might travel during the Christmas/New Year's break, then I'd recommend a Dec UY. If you think you'll probably travel during March Break but might travel in the summer then I'd recommend a March UY.

Just counting myself in.:goodvibes
We bought at BVW in Nov. :cool1:
1st trip home Nov/07.
Booking next week for March Break /08
Can't come fast enough for me. :hourglass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!