Canadian Resident Tickets are back!

With a health card number, for example OHIP in Ontario, there is the possibility of getting all service history (ie. every billed doctor and lab visits) along with diagnoses generated from the Ministry of Health back from many years ago. That list would include even walk-in doctor and diagnosis from many years ago you long forgot. Personal injury lawyers and insurance companies request them all the time to check on one's complete past health histories. With card number, identify theft risk, and weirdos out there, I would never ever showed my OHIP card number to anyone other than my doctors / labs.
The schools even stopped asking for that number for field trips. If there's an issue, I don't think they ever turn a kid away from a hospital. Not sure about adults, though.

I just realized that, at this point, MK closes at 8:00 pm on the day we arrive. We are staying at the Poly (so close to MK) but our flight doesn't get in until 5:00. I'm guestimating not getting to the resort until around 7:00. How late do the guest services locations outside of the park gates stay open? We are hoping to activate our Canadian resident tickets that evening rather than having to worry about it in the morning or bringing our passports to the park with us.

They are supposed to be open during park hours. So probably just until 8pm. However you could go to Disney Springs (big of a trek I guess?) to activate them there.

They are supposed to be open during park hours. So probably just until 8pm. However you could go to Disney Springs (big of a trek I guess?) to activate them there.
Thanks! Probably won't feel like making the trek to DS just after we get there. Will hope Disney extends the hours as our trip gets closer. Last year they were open until 9:00 on the same night, which would make our timing a little more comfortable.

Thanks! Probably won't feel like making the trek to DS just after we get there. Will hope Disney extends the hours as our trip gets closer. Last year they were open until 9:00 on the same night, which would make our timing a little more comfortable.
Hopefully they will extend it, then you can get your tickets and make it back to the Poly beach to watch the fireworks! pixiedust:

Does anyone know the process for DL tickets? Would there be any other spot to show residence besides the main park ticket booth? I want to rope drop DL my first morning and this might pose as a delay if I have to show my ID.

Does anyone know the process for DL tickets? Would there be any other spot to show residence besides the main park ticket booth? I want to rope drop DL my first morning and this might pose as a delay if I have to show my ID.

Do you have an e-ticket with a bar code? If so, you go to the entrance (as if you already have a ticket in-hand), not the ticket booth. They will scan your e-ticket, take your picture, and give you tickets. It literally takes less than a minute.

I should add that we went to the DCA entrance from the Grand Californian to activate our tickets and they did not even ask to see passports. I had them in hand, asked if they needed to see them, and they waived us through without looking at them. I would make sure you have them with you just in case though.

Do you have an e-ticket with a bar code? If so, you go to the entrance (as if you already have a ticket in-hand), not the ticket booth. They will scan your e-ticket, take your picture, and give you tickets. It literally takes less than a minute.

I should add that we went to the DCA entrance from the Grand Californian to activate our tickets and they did not even ask to see passports. I had them in hand, asked if they needed to see them, and they waived us through without looking at them. I would make sure you have them with you just in case though.

Thanks! I will check when I order my Canadian Resident ticket.

if regular discounted room rates come out can they be combined as one purchase or do they needed to reserved separately?

Does anyone know if start using, saying a 10 day ticket prior to blackout dates over xmas will it still work on the blackout dates or no? I am thinking no but was hoping it would :)

When can a person start booking fastpasses with these tickets? Is it 30 or 60 days?

When can a person start booking fastpasses with these tickets? Is it 30 or 60 days?
It's the same as any other type of tickets, 30 days if you're staying off-site & 60 days if you're staying on-site

Does anyone know if start using, saying a 10 day ticket prior to blackout dates over xmas will it still work on the blackout dates or no? I am thinking no but was hoping it would :)

I don’t think so. I could not buy these special tickets because of this exact reason for my upcoming Christmas trip. Think about it. Disney has no way to know or control when you use the ticket. That usage also does not have to be consecutive days. So you can have a 4 day ticket entitlement out of 14 day expiration window. So the only way to do blockout is to control when you use those 4 days. Use that logic for any day up to 10 days then it is easy to understand.

In theory you can take a chance... the worst case scenario is to upgrade when you get denied entry. You will lose the Canadian discount because there is no bridging. I chose not to take a chance because I can still get some discount from UT as compared to the gate price.

I was waiting to buy our six-day tickets until November for our February 2019 trip, but does anyone think the new date-specific ticket pricing will affect this offer? Should I buy ASAP instead??

Merchants always have the right to end a promotion early. That being said, Disney usually does not do that. They have done the opposite which is extending Canadian ticket offer deadline in the past.

Since the ticket is not refundable and can expire, I would only buy it if it is absolutely for sure that you will go. So maybe book the flight and time off work first. If either of those is unavailable then you don’t want to be stuck with these tickets no matter what kind of discount they have.

I was waiting to buy our six-day tickets until November for our February 2019 trip, but does anyone think the new date-specific ticket pricing will affect this offer? Should I buy ASAP instead??

I'm wondering this too! I know we have until March 2019 to buy these (going in August 2019) so was going to wait to save the money. But now wondering should we purchase before this new system goes live October 16th??

I'm hoping someone will be using them before I go in May and report back :) I'd prefer not to take my passports to the parks the first day but we do plan to head there as soon as we are settled so won't be going to Disney Springs first. Since we'll be at Beach Club maybe we'll go to the International Gate and verify the tickets there then back to the room before we head to Hollywood Studios... I guess it depends if the room is ready when we arrive.

If I have a photo of my passports on my phone is that sufficient?

Does every member of the party have to present resident evidence? What about the kids? My kids don't have or need photo id (except for passports), so if I need to show their id, I'm going to have to find something for them. I don't know what, though.

I can't remember if I posted on this thread yet (and too lazy to check back!) but we were down in August. I have an email on my phone that has scanned copies of all of our passports. The CM at the IG looked at all 3 of them (me, DH and DS who is 13) and activated our Canadian tickets with zero problem. We were going to activate them the night we arrived but after a long day of traveling, we decided to wait until the next morning. We were at the BWV and just got to IG maybe 30 minutes before RD and there was no one ahead of us at the ticket booth. Really quick and easy!

I haven't bought tickets yet. I was planning to go in May but I am thinking August will be better for us. I wasn't planning to buy until December or January, I guess now I'll have to factor in the new tiering? Will be interesting to see what the price becomes! I wanted one more trip before kiddo turns 10, but we may wait another year until Star Wars stuff is open. Not sure. I don't want to buy tickets until I decide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!