Canadian Resident Tickets are back!

I pulled the trigger. I bought our tickets for Spring Break next year. I thought about waiting to see how the new system works out, but I doubt the price would be any better than the Cdn tickets and I doubt they'll go lower for the Cdn deal. $316 for a 4 day is a good deal.

I got my tickets through CAA. It was $1310 instead of $1346 for the basic 4 day for 4 people. Not much savings, but not bad, either.

They convert and charge you in Cdn, but I think (???) I got a good rate. The USD for that purchase should be 336.54*4=1346.16 In Cdn, that came out to 1741.24. Then they took an additional member discount of 54.24. So my math (too many years of not doing math, so not 100%) says that gives me an exchange rate of 77.31

So excited these were released again, we are able to use the discount for our next disneyland trip and also am going to purchase them for our disney world trip in early december. I am curious if anyone knows if you can add a additional day to the tickets when you are at the park or if you would end up losing the discount?

I am wavering between an 8 - 9 day park hopper.. We are hoping to do a christmas party when we are there but I am wavering on the date. If we didn't do the party we would want to have another park day.... ugh decisions lol

For WDW Candian Tickets, the entire Christmas and New Year period was blocked out and not eligible for promotion. But that’s the only I can go without pulling kids off school during school year.

So excited these were released again, we are able to use the discount for our next disneyland trip and also am going to purchase them for our disney world trip in early december. I am curious if anyone knows if you can add a additional day to the tickets when you are at the park or if you would end up losing the discount?

I am wavering between an 8 - 9 day park hopper.. We are hoping to do a christmas party when we are there but I am wavering on the date. If we didn't do the party we would want to have another park day.... ugh decisions lol
My answers are based on information from BEFORE the announcement of the new date-based ticket prices (super confusing & rather restrictive if you ask me):
YES, you will lose the discount since you need to bring the price you paid for the ticket you have to the current price of the same ticket BEFORE you do any upgrades

When you're buying tickets the difference between 8 & 9 day hoppers is only $9.48 and the Christmas party tickets are at LEAST $95 + tax. I don't think the Christmas party is worth that much extra $$

My answer is add the extra day now and if you don't end up using it you're really not out that much cash.

I was waiting to buy our six-day tickets until November for our February 2019 trip, but does anyone think the new date-specific ticket pricing will affect this offer? Should I buy ASAP instead??
I’m wondering about this too :sad2: I’m going to DL in Nov and buying tix for that trip. Was planning to wait to buy WDW tix to spread it out. Ugh.

No, you can’t add on days without loosing discount. If you add on they will charge you full price for ticket and you will have to pay the difference from Canadian offer to full price. I had a 10 day hopper and when we were there I was kicking myself for not adding on water parks. So I would have had to pay the difference between Canadian 10 day hopper and full price 10 day hopper plus ticket. Decided we could live without water park!

I’m wondering about this too :sad2: I’m going to DL in Nov and buying tix for that trip. Was planning to wait to buy WDW tix to spread it out. Ugh.

No, you can’t add on days without loosing discount. If you add on they will charge you full price for ticket and you will have to pay the difference from Canadian offer to full price. I had a 10 day hopper and when we were there I was kicking myself for not adding on water parks. So I would have had to pay the difference between Canadian 10 day hopper and full price 10 day hopper plus ticket. Decided we could live without water park!
That was what I thought... ok so I need to really get my act together today and figure out what I am doing.... Fast pass day is Monday :flower1:

My answers are based on information from BEFORE the announcement of the new date-based ticket prices (super confusing & rather restrictive if you ask me):
YES, you will lose the discount since you need to bring the price you paid for the ticket you have to the current price of the same ticket BEFORE you do any upgrades

When you're buying tickets the difference between 8 & 9 day hoppers is only $9.48 and the Christmas party tickets are at LEAST $95 + tax. I don't think the Christmas party is worth that much extra $$

My answer is add the extra day now and if you don't end up using it you're really not out that much cash.

I think you are right I should add the day to the ticket that way I can make fast passes for the extra day and if we decide not to do the party we won't miss out on those.. so many decisions...

Thoughts on seasonal multi day ticket pricing- when WDW went to expiring tickets, the existing Canadian Offer didn’t change to expiring tickets until the next offer the following year. I still have one of those non exp tickets. Sooooo, I’m thinking the current offer won’t change to seasonal pricing until possible new offer next year. I could be wrong but.....

I ended up buying our tickets today with the Canadian resident discount. I wanted to wait to spread out the spending but I got worried in case they decided to change the discount with the new tier pricing announcement(even if its unlikely).

I'll be honest I didn't realize how much better of a discount it was. My fault though, I never looked into it and just assumed it would be tied in to a package which we weren't interested in.

Thank goodness for the disboards and setting me straight!!

Please never EVER use your health card as ID! As a healthcare professional, there is a reason why and its to protect your privacy just like you wouldn't use your SIN number as ID! The code at the end with the letters is just like the number on the back of your credit card! AND by law, only healthcare professionals can copy/photograph your health card. The driver license is only attached to your driver history but your health card number is associated with so much more. So again I stress never hand your health card over to anyone else!

With a health card number, for example OHIP in Ontario, there is the possibility of getting all service history (ie. every billed doctor and lab visits) along with diagnoses generated from the Ministry of Health back from many years ago. That list would include even walk-in doctor and diagnosis from many years ago you long forgot. Personal injury lawyers and insurance companies request them all the time to check on one's complete past health histories. With card number, identify theft risk, and weirdos out there, I would never ever showed my OHIP card number to anyone other than my doctors / labs.

Wow!! I never knew this! That's kinda crazy and now it all makes sense why its not accepted as valid ID! I wish I had been aware of this before, not that I'm willy nilly with the health card but its good to be aware of this.

Does anyone know ... if these tickets are purchased directly through Disney and are not yet linked, can they be “exchanged” or “adjusted” once the new price scale comes in October. I haven’t purchased them yet for a trip next August - most likely during the cheapest ticket time. I know it’s unlikely prices will go down but they could ... or what Disney will do to our CDn promotion. I hate this ticket roulette!

I bought ours from CAA, but haven't entered the numbers on my MYW acct. I'm assuming (why should I assume any different?) that they will work as they do now when I go to use them next spring regardless of when I link them.

And given this is already a great price, they won't go down in price.

Does anyone know ... if these tickets are purchased directly through Disney and are not yet linked, can they be “exchanged” or “adjusted” once the new price scale comes in October. I haven’t purchased them yet for a trip next August - most likely during the cheapest ticket time. I know it’s unlikely prices will go down but they could ... or what Disney will do to our CDn promotion. I hate this ticket roulette!

Unless they announce something different, you can always get a credit for another ticket at the amount you paid. Linked or unlinked doesn't matter. If you are referring to upgrading them to another Canadian ticket, you can do that at guest services as long as the Canadian promo is still on. Since it currently ends March 15, you would have to do that by March 15.

From posts on this board, you cannot upgrade the voucher/ticket anywhere except on-site ie. you can't call Disney and ask for an upgrade. I have no personal experience with calling in, I have upgraded Canadian tickets at the park, some used right away, some I still have unused. Some are linked, some aren't.

It's a pretty safe bet that ticket prices won't go down.

Hope this helps a bit.

Unless they announce something different, you can always get a credit for another ticket at the amount you paid. Linked or unlinked doesn't matter. If you are referring to upgrading them to another Canadian ticket, you can do that at guest services as long as the Canadian promo is still on. Since it currently ends March 15, you would have to do that by March 15.

From posts on this board, you cannot upgrade the voucher/ticket anywhere except on-site ie. you can't call Disney and ask for an upgrade. I have no personal experience with calling in, I have upgraded Canadian tickets at the park, some used right away, some I still have unused. Some are linked, some aren't.

It's a pretty safe bet that ticket prices won't go down.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks. I didn’t want to upgrade. What I meant was if the new pricing scale on October 16 gives Cdns the same discount off the new tickets ... and there’s a slight chance that the “off-season value” tickets are a bit less ... could I cancel my pre-Oct 16 tickets to go with newer pricing system. I know that seems unlikely for prices to go down, but some have been suggesting the value ones may go down a bit. :confused3

Right now Disney is just giving Cdns a discount off the Regular MYW tickets. Even though we can purchase until March, I’m sure post-Oct it will be a discount off the newer seasonal tickets.

So I guess my main question is — are these tickets refundable? Or will call-centre make adjustments pre-trip.

Last edited:
Thanks. I didn’t want to upgrade. What I meant was if the new pricing scale on October 16 gives Cdns the same discount off the new tickets ... and there’s a slight chance that the “off-season value” tickets are a bit less ... could I cancel my pre-Oct 16 tickets to go with newer pricing system. I know that seems unlikely for prices to go down, but some have been suggesting the value ones may go down a bit. :confused3

Right now Disney is just giving Cdns a discount off the Regular MYW tickets. Even though we can purchase until March, I’m sure post-Oct it will be a discount off the newer seasonal tickets.

So I guess my main question is — are these tickets refundable? Or will call-centre make adjustments pre-trip.

Tickets are non-refundable and Disney do not refund a difference in your favour.

Tickets are non-refundable and Disney do not refund a difference in your favour.

Ok. Thanks. I’d heard in previous years of people calling in and applying the cdn ticket special to previously booked packages and having the price adjusted. I guess I just have to bite the Disney bullet! ;)

Ok. Thanks. I’d heard in previous years of people calling in and applying the cdn ticket special to previously booked packages and having the price adjusted. I guess I just have to bite the Disney bullet! ;)

Tickeys part of a package is slightly different since you don’t get them until you check in and technically, you could always cancel your pkg and re-book it with nrw pricing. Tickeys bought separately are for sure non-refundable.

The Canadian offer is a firm offer until March 15. While I'm sure they could revoke the offer, I don't believe Disney will. Last year when Disney revamped their ticket policies in February, the Canadian ticket prices remained the same while everything else went up. The price didn't increase, they didn't add the expiry policy that all other tickets had and as a matter of fact they extended the offer until May.

I'm sure that doesn't make your decision any easier.

Really, how much would those value tickets have to go down below the current Cdn ticket offering to be worth the stress of waiting and wondering? Would $5 off per ticket be okay? How about $20? But your also risk the price going up by that and more. In fact, it's more likely they would go up than down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts