Canadians can get the Disney Visa!

Where do you have a checking account ?

How did you apply for your BMO Harris bank account? Can you transfer money online from your Canadian BMO account and the BMO Harris US back account easily?

We are with RBC and have a US RBC checking account with the Visa Debit. It was super easy to apply for and at the time RBC waived the monthly fee for a year. We get a preferred exchange rate and can easily transfer money back and forth between our Canadian accounts and US account. And the transfer shows up immediately. Like all banks, RBC has its faults, but in this it was pretty perfect.

Wondering what are the actual benefits people are seeing from having the Disney Visa vs the cost of carrying it. I love the idea of having one but I"m not sure the idea of having one is worth more than what I get form my existing travel visa... thoughts?

Wondering what are the actual benefits people are seeing from having the Disney Visa vs the cost of carrying it. I love the idea of having one but I"m not sure the idea of having one is worth more than what I get form my existing travel visa... thoughts?
I personally think the Disney Visas are not good cards to have at all. The non-Premier (no-fee) version gives you 1% back on all spending, while the Premier ($49 annual fee) card gives you 2% back on gas, grocery, restaurant and Disney spending, and 1% on other spend. Unless you have USD income (or assets) to pay off the cards, then you'll be hard pressed to not lose money by having either card. The $200 sign-up bonus on the Premier I guess could be worth it, but there are much much better U.S. cards to get.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I read all of the posts.
I can apply for a Disney Credit Card. Due to a sale of a previous place in Florida, I have an ITIN. And with our place in Florida, AP florida resident! It's like Christmas!!!!

We are with RBC and have a US RBC checking account with the Visa Debit. It was super easy to apply for and at the time RBC waived the monthly fee for a year. We get a preferred exchange rate and can easily transfer money back and forth between our Canadian accounts and US account. And the transfer shows up immediately. Like all banks, RBC has its faults, but in this it was pretty perfect.
Love RBC, you can get money from lots of locations now. They have places you can withdraw and the transfers from north to south are instant. They also will help you link the two so you can access hem through one login.

I've seen some pretty awesome discounts. During our last trip we were late booking and didn't get free dining, but got a good deal on both our room and (Canadian) tickets. Most would tell you the room/ticket discount is better but for us we would have saved $600 USD extra with free dining and when I booked that was available for cardholders. For Disneyland even more discounts again they have a discount on travel right now.

I have the no-fee card (so there's no carrying cost):
-10% off at many (most?) Disney table service restaurants when you pay with the Disney Visa
-10% off most merchandise purchases in the parks >$50 (and at World of Disney and other Disney-run stores at Disney Springs)
-No-fee, automatic 0% for 6 months financing on package stays at Disney resorts (Package, not Room-Only)

If you can get it, IMO it's definitely worth having around. The $49 Premier card isn't worth it, but the free one is a no-brainer. I easily saved $100 in discounts last trip on spending we would have done anyway.

Unless your existing travel Visa is a Scotia Passport Visa Infinite, your credit card company is likely charging you 2.5% on top of the real conversion rate when converting USD purchases. If you pay with a USD card, you can convert CAD to USD to pay the bill for a markup of <1% through TransferWise, XE, or local currency exchanges. Only complicating factor is you'll need a US-based checking account of some sort to transfer into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!