CANADIANS OPINIONS! What is the best time of year to visit WDW?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
HI! I am thinking about the next trip to WDW and the best time of year to go. We have been in the spring and summer. Next trip with likely be around spring break.

What do you think is the best time of year to go? Sandra

Twice I've gone in November after the US Thanksgiving weekend and once in mid April. I enjoyed all three times. The last time we were there, in November 2000, we had unpredictable weather. We had days where we were in fleece shirts and the next we were at the waterparks. I think that's the only down side of November is that the weather can be a real mixed bag.

We are going again this November 15-25, but are going on a cruise for 7 days. This is probably the last year where we can really afford to take the kids out of school. My eldest will be going into grade six. I think once they hit Junior High, it is tougher to take them out for an extended period. I don't know what I'll do then. Maybe I'll just have to go by myself.

I have only been once, but we went at the end of October beggining of November and it was great. It was about 85 degrees everyday, but it did cool off at night (into the 50's), but it was wonderful. It was great because we were there for Halloween and the Food and Wine festival was on at Epcot. The parks weren't too crowded and neither were the hotels. We are going the first week of September this year, hopefully it will be nice!!

we love the end of October. Preferably dates away from Columbus Day. Also we look for times for MNSSHP. The weather is usually warm and crowds good.
PS how are you doing SandraC, I haven't been on the boards for a while as I've been too busy with work!

I've been in January, February, April, May, June and August. I have to say that all have their advantages and disadvantages. January and February are great for low crowds but not always the best for weather although we have been lucky in that it's been warm during the day but quite cool at night. August was just plain hot, hot, hot although the parks are open later which means you can go in the morning and then again in the evening. May and June were also quite warm and the crowds were heavier. I think the best time was in April where the weather was warm enough and the crowds weren't too bad. This is the first time that I'm going in September so I'm looking forward to how that's going to turn out.

:) We have enjoyed going at the beginning of the year. Less crowds, cooler (bring jackets etc.) The value season is good too.

We haven't been at other times just because we can't go then. Our family can only take trips in winter as well.

The downside is hours are more restricted and some water parks aren't open. But we just stay on rides over and over as on the cool days there are no lines in the AM.

WE have been in July (too too hot), September 2000 (still hot, but crowds were almost non exsistant), December 2001 (1st two weeks)--we got beautiful weather, it was hot all day and nice and cool at night--but not the jacket type of cool, and the crowds were also very low. It was a great time to go because of all the Christmas stuff...it's weird being Canadian and seeing Mickey and the gang in their holiday clothes while wearing shorts. It was also weird seeeing Santa, and Christmas lights/trees all up.
We are going this year at the end of September/beginning of October, so I hope we get warm weather.

We've only been during the spring and summer months SO FAR! I adore April, 3 weeks after Easter. The crowds are medium and the weather is HEAVENLY! The hours are good, saw ToD/Illumintions 3 times and Spectro Magic/Fantasy in the Sky twice this past April. The weather in Ontario sucked so it was nice to get away from the loooooooooooooong winter. I think we'll try driving during March break and take the following week off too. dd's school always has a PA day the first Friday after Meach break (it's report card time ~ not much else going on that first week back) so dd only takes 4 days off school for a 16 day vacation! WOW! S

I love going in October. There are less crowds than other times in the year and the weather is good – less rain the summer months (although it is one of the hurricane months but Disney is central enough I’ve never had a problem – but a close call or two).
I guess I like it since it’s a lower point season for the Disney Vacation Club as well. I’ve found April/May good but definitely busier and July/August just a little too hot (as well we might as well enjoy our summer’s here when we can!). I've never been down in the winter months - just too afraid it would be too cool for swimming.

I can’t wait till October 2002 (Disney's Old Key West and Beach Club Villas here I come)!

:cool:

Hello all!
We went 3 times, 1 in mid september, and twice in mid-august.
Of course there's more visitors in august, so for us september was the best,but now that daughter's in school we can't...
-
But late august just before school's back is just fine with us.
Only thing : IT IS HOT:mad:
-
But hey...bottom line is : anythime is a good time to be in the most magical place on earth...;)

Best time in our opinion is the first 2 weeks of Dec no matter what the school system says we just tell them it is our kid and it is our vacation.

Are the first two weeks on Dec warm weather weeks? Crowds must be fairly low? What about cost? Any codes you recall? THX S

Actually there was a Canadian code available then and the weather has always been great every year we have been down in Dec. We usually see temps between mid to high 70's and last year it was in the mid to high 80's. The crowds are minimal and wait times are short except during weekends due to the Florts that go to the parks on weekends. Hope this helps
Darren & Lisa

We love the week before American Thanksgiving! It's really low crowds that time of year since everyone is arriving the next week. Plus it was Food & Wine time in Epcot which is bonus. The weather is better than Ontario as well for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter