Canadians renting their Disney points?

I have 167 banked points that will be expiring next summer. Trying to hold off putting them up for rent as long as possible (even though I know that the further out the date, the better the chance of renting them for a decent price).

Likely make the call to keep or rent by the end of the year, based on successful vaccine trials (if any), combined with what the US looks like after the elections. Unless a certain unnamed candidate coughcoughbidencoughcough wins by a large and unassailable margin, the behaviour of some segments of the American populous over the last four years seems to support my suspicion that our neighbours to the south may be living with chaos and violence for a very long period of time.

I've just finished renting out all my points! This was much easier than I thought! I even rented some of my current use year points! I'm just happy that someone is using them and they are not going to waste
I saw your thread was already closed - that was quick! You may give me the courage to rent mine out too lol. They also expire end of Feb.

I rented 195 points out in just over 24 hours. This was the first time I did this and it's been pretty easy so far! I have 200 that I can bank and I get another 200 March 1! More points than I can use in a pandemic!

We are booked right now for Aulani in January, with DW as a backup. I didn't think it was worth trying to rent out our 75 points this year. We are hoping to go one way or the other but with the mess in the states who knows. As soon as schools shut down, as I expect to happen, I figure we will take the family for a trip as well.

We are booked right now for Aulani in January, with DW as a backup. I didn't think it was worth trying to rent out our 75 points this year. We are hoping to go one way or the other but with the mess in the states who knows. As soon as schools shut down, as I expect to happen, I figure we will take the family for a trip as well.
We were considering Aulani, but I honestly think Florida is more likely to happen then Hawaii. Hawaii is being so strict about their rules (like you need a Covid test within 48 hours of your landed arrival on the islands.)

I honestly think everything will remain open. I'm seeing more and more information saying the Covid-19 isn't as deadly as they first thought, and the economic consequences have been brutal. Someone has to pay for all the government assistance!

With Aulani in the first week of January looking either very limiting or outright impossible due to cancellation or restrictions we are now leaning to going to Disney for the 2 weeks leading up to New Years. In which case we will funny enough to need to rent points. So I have gone from trying to rent out points to needing more points. First job is to confirm whether we can buy annual passes for Christmas time.

With Aulani in the first week of January looking either very limiting or outright impossible due to cancellation or restrictions we are now leaning to going to Disney for the 2 weeks leading up to New Years. In which case we will funny enough to need to rent points. So I have gone from trying to rent out points to needing more points. First job is to confirm whether we can buy annual passes for Christmas time.
The unknowns are soooo hard. I feel for you.

We will be renting out points for sept 2020-august 2021.

As I read it, davids new contract doesn’t make the owner responsible for anyone’s vacation. It does require owners to follow the contact. Example: if I cancelled someone’s reservation the day before they arrived, David’s contract is attempting to make me responsible for whatever costs the renter may attempt to seek reimbursement for. Seems fair.

If I do my part and keep the reservation and dues etc current I didn't see anything concerning in the new contract.

Big change is that the rental payments are refundable if Disney closes. Same as before - cash upfront and no refunds - except if Disney closes. Owner needs to rebook the renter or return the money in cases of closure due to pandemic. This is not unreasonable.

We will be renting out points for sept 2020-august 2021.

As I read it, davids new contract doesn’t make the owner responsible for anyone’s vacation. It does require owners to follow the contact. Example: if I cancelled someone’s reservation the day before they arrived, David’s contract is attempting to make me responsible for whatever costs the renter may attempt to seek reimbursement for. Seems fair.

If I do my part and keep the reservation and dues etc current I didn't see anything concerning in the new contract.

Big change is that the rental payments are refundable if Disney closes. Same as before - cash upfront and no refunds - except if Disney closes. Owner needs to rebook the renter or return the money in cases of closure due to pandemic. This is not unreasonable.

Yup its reasonable. I had David's contact me last week that someone wanted to rent our booking for November but we declined partly because I was nervous about the conditions Davids had placed previously and also because we are hoping to use our points before the end of January.

The unknowns are soooo hard. I feel for you.

Unfortunately they still aren't selling annual passes so that will be a problem for any kind of Christmas trip. So many things up in the air. We have to decide about banking points by the end of this month. We are still waiting to hear that our daughters Make a Wish Disney cruise is cancelled in December and waiting on Hawaii. Plus I had been waiting for this week when my kids finally went back to school so I could start to work again and that went out the window because for some stupid reason my oldest's 8 person class has to be split into cohorts of 4. Six hours of school a week when they aren't capable of doing school online is just insane so I will get the pleasure of spending the other 162 hours a week looking after her.....sorry venting done, lol.

Last edited:
Really your only choice besides dumping them into RCI or using a broker.

I'd at least contact David's or another broker just to see what they can do for you - for the price difference you might not find it worthwhile to do yourself. In any case you should do it ASAP as availability is only going to dry up as you approach February.
Has anybody used David’s? I’m a little worried because that ask for access to your DVC account

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!