Canadians using Priceline

lfw

PsychoMama
I am thinking about giving Priceline a whirl for accomodations Feb/March. Anybody here use this service successfully? Any tips,problems or concerns? I am planning a trip for my family, and 2 other families and we have set a budget of about $5k Cdn per family for the whole trip.We will be flying, hopefully from Ottawa, (but possibly Toronto or Montreal if the price is right) and staying a week. We will take advantage of the Can. Park Hopper special if it is offered again, which would put our tickets to the park @$1200-1400 for 2 adult/2 children ( I think, does anybody have an idea of a more accurate total, assuming prices are about the same and the special is still buy 1, half of the second?) Priceline seems like an excellent way to get accomodations that would normally be out of our price range and leave more money to have fun! Thanks for any help you can offer.

Priceline can be a great resource when you're armed with good info on how to make efficient bids. Before bidding, try to take the time to read over all the info at the following link, http://pub109.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingorlandowaltdisneyworld

I bid on 2 rooms last October in Orlando and successfully got two rooms at a 2.5 star hotel for $25 a night. We were on a VERY tight budget, so we weren't able to try for nicer hotels. We had a terrific experience. I read all the info at biddingfortravel and got my 2nd bid accepted!

Good luck and have a GREAT trip!

Hi Sandra. We stayed at the Ramada Gateway and Plaza. It was a very good deal for the price. It was only a 2.5 star hotel, but our room overlooked the courtyard and there were two outdoor pools. We spend very little time in our hotel room, so it served its purpose nicely. It was less than a km from the WDW entrance. There was a free shuttle to Disney, but we never used it so I don't know how good it was. In case you're interested, here's the link' http://www.ramadagateway.com/navigation.html

Priceline.com no longer accepts international credit cards... though that doesn't stop them from sending me spam :smooth:

I tried to use it in May and was told no.

Hi there,

Bonn, I've used PL successfully in May and June with an AMEX card. I registered as a resident of Syracuse (I actually live in Ontario) and had no problems at check in. Check the www.biddingfortravel.com website about how to use PL if you're a Canadian. Hope this helps....

Hi,

I booked through priceline in june.

At first my VISA was rejected and then
when I tried with a Mastercard it worked.

I've heard Amex works also.

So give it a try.

Sunil

We just returned from Orlando using Priceline. I to, tried to use my visa and that was refused. I read that other Canadian's were able to use their AMEX so I promptly ordered one, and the day it arrived I used it to successfully bid on a 3 star (Hyatt Orlando) for 9 nights ($35.00). Priceline emails you the confirmation so the address (ie. state and zip code) you use when registering doesn't necessarily matter too much. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter