Canceling onsite reservation question

I originally was planning an offsite stay but decided Buena Visat Suites was not right for us and I wanted something funner. I decided on all star sports and was ok with that choice. Today I was browsing and found an amazing rate for the Holiday Inn Waterpark through mousesavers and booked it. So my question is...will I lose my fastpasses since I booked them at 60 days? It is a room only reservation and my tickets are separate so that isn't an issue. Thanks

I'd wait until you are within 30 days and then cancel the onsite reservation, just in case. Once you are within 30 days, the FP definitely won't be canceled.

Even if you cancel your onsite room reservation at day 60, the FPs remain.

FPs are based on the linked tickets; canceling the room reservation just closes the ‘window’ until day 30 when any booked FPs can then be Modified.

I believe Disney adds that specific warning for guests with Packages because after tickets are removed from an MDE, FPs disappear.

This sounds strange to me. One of the benefits of being onsite is that you can book fp 60 days out instead of 30 for offsite guests. So, I guess you can make a room reservation, book fp at 60 days out, wait until you are under 30 days out, then cancel your room reservation and keep the fp even though you are staying offsite? Did I understand this correctly?

This sounds strange to me. One of the benefits of being onsite is that you can book fp 60 days out instead of 30 for offsite guests. So, I guess you can make a room reservation, book fp at 60 days out, wait until you are under 30 days out, then cancel your room reservation and keep the fp even though you are staying offsite? Did I understand this correctly?
Actually, as soon as you know you’ll be switching to offsite - even if it’s between Day 60 through Day 31 - make the switch because FPs remain intact based on linked tickets.

It best to go ahead and Cancel the onsite reservation as quickly as possible so that room then becomes available for someone else to book.

All an onsite reservation does is open the booking window. Canceling the room closes the window but the FPs remain untouched and intact.

Actually, as soon as you know you’ll be switching to offsite - even if it’s between Day 60 through Day 31 - make the switch because FPs remain intact based on linked tickets.

It best to go ahead and Cancel the onsite reservation as quickly as possible so that room then becomes available for someone else to book.

All an onsite reservation does is open the booking window. Canceling the room closes the window but the FPs remain untouched and intact.

So, someone can have an onsite res, book at 60 days out, cancel the onsite res shortly afterwards, and keep their FP.

That'll be the next FP+ loophole to be fixed...

So, someone can have an onsite res, book at 60 days out, cancel the onsite res shortly afterwards, and keep their FP.

That'll be the next FP+ loophole to be fixed...
This has been available to all guests since 2013 and it’s why the Throwaway Room thread on TPAS does not promote nor discuss onsite room Canceling.

Only when an onsite guest is seeking advice regarding their FPs remaining intact if/when switching to an offsite room is the 60 day open window versus tickets discussed.

DISers on this Orlando Board should have the same info as everyone on the Theme Parks board. :)

This has been available to all guests since 2013 and it’s why the Throwaway Room thread on TPAS does not promote nor discuss onsite room Canceling.

Only when an onsite guest is seeking advice regarding their FPs remaining intact if/when switching to an offsite room is the 60 day open window versus tickets discussed.

DISers on this Orlando Board should have the same info as everyone on the Theme Parks board. :)

I quoted your response to the previous poster to show what I was summarizing in response to their question, not to respond to you -- so, yeah, I know it's not officially promoted by you guys. :) :) :)

I quoted your response to the previous poster to show what I was summarizing in response to their question, not to respond to you -- so, yeah, I know it's not officially promoted by you guys. :) :) :)
Thanks! I always clarify from the FP aspect of this and also so that onsite rooms can open up earlier for others. :)

I see the "wheels turning" in those that stay offsite but want to take advantage of the "perks" that go along with staying at a Disney resort. Wonder if this has anything to do with why there weren't FPs Thanksgiving week at 60 days for FEA, 7DMT and FOP and we are staying onsite...

I see the "wheels turning" in those that stay offsite but want to take advantage of the "perks" that go along with staying at a Disney resort. Wonder if this has anything to do with why there weren't FPs Thanksgiving week at 60 days for FEA, 7DMT and FOP and we are staying onsite...
On the FP FAQ thread, guests need to schedule AK/Pandora for at least day #64 or more - during a non-holiday stay. So, at least Day#4 or later of a lengthy trip and especially during a holiday stay.

Keep looking and checking each day. FoP is known for having “day of” FP drops.

I am in a similar situation. We have AP's and it was a room only reservation. My plan was to wait until within the 30 days and cancel but a couple big expenses the last week means that I want the deposit back for the room sooner rather than later so I cancelled the room yesterday. When I cancelled it came up that the Fastpasses would be cancelled. BUT they are not cancelled yet. The room reservation disappeared immediately from MDE but 24 hours later FP still there. So if you can wait do so until within 30 days if not then you maybe could still be okay...I think I have read in the past that they aren't cancelled but you can't modify them at all?!?
Hi!! I know this is an old thread, but I am wondering if your fastpasses ever got cancelled, or if they remained since you had a room only reservation? Thanks :)

I honestly don’t remember for sure but I am maybe 70% sure that I cancelled and the FP’s remained. Maybe you had better ask on the FP thread for sure though...it is also possible that it has changed since then. Good luck!

To clarify info from the Theme Parks Board: it is confirmed that with separately linked tickets, FPs remain intact even when an onsite resort reservation is Canceled. It doesn’t matter when the onsite room is canceled, FPs remain based on the linked ticket entitlements.

It is also a DISboards policy that discussion of booking an onsite room reservation with the sole intent of Canceling the reservation after FPs are booked is not an allowable topic.

Please see the FP FAQ for more info:
FastPass+ Frequently Asked Questions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter