Cancellation Insurance only

Ashley24

DIS Veteran
My medical insurance has informed me that ALL medical expenses are covered no matter where I travel, even if I need to be flown somewhere for medical attention. What else do I need insurance for? Just for the possibility that I might have to cancel or interrupt my trip? What would DCL charge me if I didn't have insurance but just rebooked right away if I needed to cancel at the last minute? Just wondering if anyone has gotten insurance without any medical expenses? If so, which company did you use and how much did it cost you?
Thanks!
Ann

Hi Ann! That is some GREAT medical insurance you have. :) Would it even cover the cost for medical evacuation, not just the medical treatment? That's great if it does.

You can check the site www.insuremytrip.com for information on trip insurance coverage from different companies. I personally have used CSA but it was a more comprehensive plan that covered things such as medical evacuation. Hopefully you can find the plan type that you're looking for there. :)

Michelle,
Yes, my insurance DOES cover the medical evacuation if it is deemed necessary. Would you happen to know how much it costs per person to cancel a cruise at the last minute BUT you rebook at the same time? Also, if the cruise you rebook is cheaper than the one you already paid for, how do they handle that? I looked on the website you mentioned and there is no policy that only covers trip cancellation and interruption. If it is cheaper for me to simple rebook (which I would want to do anyway!), I probably will skip the insurance. Any information in helping me make my decision would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Ann

Hi Ann,

Great question! I'm glad you asked. My medical insurance also covers all of that, anywhere in the world. Would love to hear what you find out.

I did check out my Disney Cruise Line brochure, and here's what it says:

CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS:

Changes to the vacation commencement date or changes of Guest names will be considered cancellations. If the cancellation request is received 60 or more days prior to the vacation commencement date, 100% of the amount of the vacation price paid will be refunded. Cancellation requests received less than 60 days prior to the commencement date will be assessed cancellation fees as follows, regardless or resale of stateroom or hotel room:

• 59-30 days prior to vacation commencement date, $100 per guest
  • 29-15 days prior to vacation commencement date, $300 per guest
  • 14-8 days prior to vacation commencement date, 50% of vacation price per guest
  • 7 days or less prior to vacation commencement date, no refund

If I understand this correctly, that means that if we change our reservation it is the same as a total cancellation, in which case the trip insurance, which is about $160 for my family of four, would be a good purchase anyway. Am I reading that right, Michelle?

In September DCL instituted a NEW charge for date changes on sailings after final payment has been made, and that is $50 per person. So you definitely would be charged that if you changed your sailing date after final payment has been made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter