2 parents, 3 daughters, 10 days late October 2021 Pre-Trip Report (updated 9/26)

I am falling along! Your trip is coming up soon! We are planning to go in February of next year. And I can't wait!

Wow, how time flies by. I haven't updated this in a looooooong time. So 2021 has been another difficult year. Our entire family just got over Covid. 3 out of the 5 of us were completely vaccinated, Lucy and Lemmy not eligible yet. The symptoms were mild for Lucy and Lemmy thank goodness. Mild fever for a few days and some congestion, but that was it. They had to miss 9 day of school and just got to go back this week. Zoey also missed 9 days as well, and was the last one to get sick. She mostly just had fevers. I only had a fever for a couple of days, and lots of congestion. Serah faired the worst. She had 101 or 102 fevers for over 2 weeks, went to the hospital twice for dehydration, and very fatigued. She finally got over the fevers just a couple of days ago, but is still fatigued some, but you can tell she is feeling better.
I am sorry to hear that you all got COVID. Glad to hear that it wasn't too too bad! It just so scary as you just don't know how you will react to it if you do get it. Hopefully Sarah gets more of her energy before you go!

We were originally planning to arrive on Sunday, Oct 24th, but we really wanted to get to MK on that Sunday as early as possible, so I had enough points left to book a lake view Poly studio for one night!
The Poly is soooo nice! I love the feel of being there. (although that said, we also LOVE Wilderness Lodge!!!)

We are going to enjoy the resort volcano pool, head over to DS for a Wine Bar George early dinner. Lucy and Lemmy want to check out the Lego store, and Serah wants to get some good smelling bubble bath from Basin for the Copper Creek bathtub.
I am not 100% sure if they are still doing it, but you should try and go to Goofy's Kitchen where you can make your own Rice Krispee Treats. You pick you type of chocolate and toppings. It's a lot of fun and my girls always love doing it when we go! It's a must do stop for us in DS.

Enjoy pool, some captain cooks or pool bar food, and wait for room to be ready.
You can order food from Trader Sams' at the outside tables as well! We once ordered from both places (chicken fingers for the youngest and "fancier" food for the adults and were able. tosit outside all toghehter. It was fabulous!

n head back to Poly for more pool if time allows, watch fireworks from balcony if we get a good view.
YOu should be able to see the new Electrical Water Pagent from there as well. I guess you will be able see it at Wilderness Lodge as well.

Serah and I want to try to gravy covered tater tots, kids want to try those fancy pop tarts.
Those tots are the BEST!!! pop tarts meh... they are ok. Def worth trying but the tots steal the show.

I was hoping the Star Wars nighttime show would be back on but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.
I have been hoping for these to come back as well!.

I'm very curious what will happen to ROTR line as time goes on. I will say if it remains stand by then we will wait until later in the day to ride for our February trip. I was able to ride it twice in March on my girls trip but hubby has never ridden. However he isn't a huge star wars fan and would probably be okay missing it. I on the other hand would want him to experience it if the wait inst too long or if it goes back to a virtual queue and we can snag a time slot. I am not willing to wait a crazy insane amount of time for it though.

I've been following Touringplans, and they have been sending a staff member to ride ROTR all day long in standby to get times. As of right now, it looks like around 1030 to 11 am the wait times go down, and then in the evening as well. I'm going to keep an eye on the wait times until our trip to see if we can find a sweet spot.

I am falling along! Your trip is coming up soon! We are planning to go in February of next year. And I can't wait!

Thank you for following along! I'd love to go during the colder months. The next trip after this isn't planned yet, but I know we want to bring our oldest son, Eli, and Serah's mom as she never goes on vacation ever. A mild temperature trip might be a good idea! Enjoy your trip!

I am sorry to hear that you all got COVID. Glad to hear that it wasn't too too bad! It just so scary as you just don't know how you will react to it if you do get it. Hopefully Sarah gets more of her energy before you go!

I hope so too. She seems to be getting a little better, but she hasn't tried to do anything super exhaustive yet either.

The Poly is soooo nice! I love the feel of being there. (although that said, we also LOVE Wilderness Lodge!!!)

We've never have stayed at the Poly, and while our stay is just one night, I am going to try to take in as much as I can. I would of booked our first night at Copper Creek so we wouldn't have to change hotels, but due to the current borrowing point restriction, I didn't have enough points for a 2 bdrm on that first night. We are going to try to leave as early as possible on that Friday with the goal to spend a lot of resort time at the Poly, except for our DS dinner time.

I am not 100% sure if they are still doing it, but you should try and go to Goofy's Kitchen where you can make your own Rice Krispee Treats. You pick you type of chocolate and toppings. It's a lot of fun and my girls always love doing it when we go! It's a must do stop for us in DS.

That's a good idea! I didn't know you could do that! Thanks for the tip!

Those tots are the BEST!!! pop tarts meh... they are ok. Def worth trying but the tots steal the show.

Glad to hear about the breakfast tots. Yeah, our daughters want to try those pop tarts, so hopefully they will like them.

I have been hoping for these to come back as well!.

Me too! I'm a pretty big Star Wars nerd, so something like that would of been nice to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!