Cancelled, not postponed

My kids have been sailing since they were 7, 5 and 4 yo. They loved it more and more the older they got. When my youngest was 18 and graduating HS, I asked him if he wanted a WDW trip or a DC for his graduation trip. He didn't even hesitate... CRUISE. I surely thought once they aged out of the clubs at 18, they would find it boring. But Disney does not even disappoint there. They have an 1820 Society. It is not an "official" kids club, but it is something they have that the kids too old for the clubs but too young to truly enjoy the bar scene can meet as a group throughout the cruise. They even have a counselor that moderates. They meet the first night of the cruise to create a schedule for the week. They agree on activities and sometimes they just pick a night club and hang out and chat. I think my kids enjoyed that more than growing up in the clubs.

Well I cancelled what was to be our first Disney cruise scheduled for March 2021. We have no plans to reschedule.
This was primarily a financial decision.
Also, I don’t know that it makes sense to think about a Disney Cruise in 2022 or beyond as my daughter will be 10+ by then. I am guessing the magic will wear off as she grows older.
Ah well. It is what it is. I just wanted to share with a group that could commiserate.
Wishing you all safe and magical journeys.

Our kids were 14, 13 and 10 when we first sailed DCL back in 1998. Well they have cruised DCL several times (they are all Platinum) and now have families of their own and the "Magic" has still not worn off!!! We still love cruising with our adult kids and our grandkids....gotta get another generation hooked on DCL!! They all still love it too. I love when my 4 year granddaughters ask when we can go on the Mickey boat again.

I just cancelled our November DCL cruise and I am very upset but I just did not feel comfortable cruising for 14 days until there is a better understanding of this virus and what the DCL protocols will be.

MJ

Last edited:
Well I cancelled what was to be our first Disney cruise scheduled for March 2021. We have no plans to reschedule.
This was primarily a financial decision.
Also, I don’t know that it makes sense to think about a Disney Cruise in 2022 or beyond as my daughter will be 10+ by then. I am guessing the magic will wear off as she grows older.
Ah well. It is what it is. I just wanted to share with a group that could commiserate.
Wishing you all safe and magical journeys.
My daughter is 17 and has been on 8 DCL cruises since age 4... she still LOVES going. In fact, she's pretty mad at the idea that her dad and I plan to continue going on them after she leaves for college next year. The magic can last forever.

Echoing consensus of the group. Hooray for being fiscally responsible.

My nieces started cruising at 16 & 14, 12, and 31 (That’s their ages on each first cruise, in the order they sailed). The 14 yo first-timer cruised Disney to Alaska for her honeymoon at age 25. (Her 2nd DCL to AK and 3rd AK cruise). She’s been Platinum for awhile and is looking hopefully to our scheduled November cruise from San Juan.

She never has been a fan of the Clubs - kids, teens, or adult (bars, comedy), but enjoys cruising Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter