Cancelled Reservation - Magic Bands?

ClapYourHands

DIS Veteran
I've gone through several possible time frames to book and made cancellable reservations, offsite and onsite, while figuring things out.

I made a 2 night room-only reservation over the phone a few weeks ago for early September that was never added to my MDE. I plan to cancel it because November looks better. But last night I was on MDE and got a notification that my magic bands have shipped!

So now what?

With the reservation never in MDE, I didn't choose magic bands, so I assume they will be the grey ones. Obviously I won't need them, but what do I do with them?

Can I refuse the package and return to sender? If I were to send them back, would Disney be able to use them or are they already permanently linked to me and my daughter?

Is Disney going to charge me for them when I cancel the reservation? I would really prefer a full refund rather than a refund minus the retail cost of magic bands.

I'm just confused because last year I cancelled reservations at around 8 days, and didn't have MBs ship for those rooms.

No need to refuse the delivery as Disney has no way to reuse the MBs. The shipped MBs are customized with your names on them and assigned to your MDE account. You can use them along with any of your other MBs that you have from any previous trips.

There is no charge for the MBs and you will receive your full refund.

Dave

Premium Magic Bands cost $14.99 and, once ordered, cannot be cancelled.
They apply a $14.99 credit towards the retail price of the Premium MagicBand, so the upgrade prices start at $10.00. If you cancel, you have to pay back the $14.99 credit for any Premium MB.

Premium Magic Bands cost $14.99 and, once ordered, cannot be cancelled.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ions-coming-soon-at-walt-disney-world-resort/
Here's the specific portion: "Cancellation of Disney Resort hotel reservations will result in MagicBand orders being canceled; if upgraded MagicBands are ordered and have been personalized at the time the reservation is canceled, the MagicBand order will not be cancelable or refundable and the regular, non-discounted retail price of the upgraded personalized MagicBands will be charged." I missed that when I read the terms and conditions.

Here's the specific portion: "Cancellation of Disney Resort hotel reservations will result in MagicBand orders being canceled; if upgraded MagicBands are ordered and have been personalized at the time the reservation is canceled, the MagicBand order will not be cancelable or refundable and the regular, non-discounted retail price of the upgraded personalized MagicBands will be charged." I missed that when I read the terms and conditions.

Yep. Common sense really. They want to avoid offsite people making a "dummy" reservation just to book premium bands at a discount and cancelling once shipped. But my understanding is that if you change the hotel rez to a different resort instead of cancelling it, you won't be charged. We always use the "change reservation" button instead of cancel anyway because it is easier to just roll over the funds than to pay for two rooms and be refunded for a cancelled room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter