cancelling an order from Shopdisney

Pooh2

Dis Veteran
Has anyone had any luck cancelling an order from Shopdisney?
There is no option button to cancel next to the order.
I sent an email almost immediately and tried calling (constant busy signal for the "contact us" number).
How in the world do you get in touch with real person??

Has anyone had any luck cancelling an order from Shopdisney?
There is no option button to cancel next to the order.
I sent an email almost immediately and tried calling (constant busy signal for the "contact us" number).
How in the world do you get in touch with real person??
What about their chat feature?

The chat lady said they don't do cancellations so I can pay to ship it back after receiving it despite it probably won't ship for at least 3 days.

You all know what's going to happen, right? OP will go through all this angst and effort, we'll all keep offering advice and empathy, and in a couple of weeks she'll get a cancellation notification.

Last edited:
What if you just refuse the shipment?
If I am here when the fedex guy rolls by, going to rush the driveway and tell him to take it back! Never refused a box before, not sure how they respond to that!

Just here to reiterate to people searching on ShopDisney topic that cancelling is super hard to do. I placed an order right at 3am EDT/Midnight PDT, as a sale ended. All the screens I went through gave me the sale prices. Then once I submitted and got a confirmation email a minute later, the time stamp said 3:05am and the prices had reverted to non-sale amounts. I immediately emailed, and a few hours later, I called Customer Service (800-328-0368 at this writing). They said it was too late, my only choice was to return items. I couldn't believe that no one could honor the sale prices I was given when I confirmed my purchase OR cancel the order when I got back to them so quickly with the issue. I kept pushing, and they offered me a $10 gift card. But the difference in prices was closer to $25, so I declined. In the end, after being on hold several times, they were able to cancel a majority of my order, but one item (from a different warehouse?) couldn't be stopped and shipped later that day. (I do credit the CM on the phone for reaching out to different departments and people to see what could be done.) I hate doing returns, and every website knows people hate doing returns, so I ended up with one full-price item.
So watch out for making orders as sales are ending, and know that whatever you order, be sure it's the right stuff, right size, etc., because their orders are near impossible to stop.

Just here to reiterate to people searching on ShopDisney topic that cancelling is super hard to do. I placed an order right at 3am EDT/Midnight PDT, as a sale ended. All the screens I went through gave me the sale prices. Then once I submitted and got a confirmation email a minute later, the time stamp said 3:05am and the prices had reverted to non-sale amounts. I immediately emailed, and a few hours later, I called Customer Service (800-328-0368 at this writing). They said it was too late, my only choice was to return items. I couldn't believe that no one could honor the sale prices I was given when I confirmed my purchase OR cancel the order when I got back to them so quickly with the issue. I kept pushing, and they offered me a $10 gift card. But the difference in prices was closer to $25, so I declined. In the end, after being on hold several times, they were able to cancel a majority of my order, but one item (from a different warehouse?) couldn't be stopped and shipped later that day. (I do credit the CM on the phone for reaching out to different departments and people to see what could be done.) I hate doing returns, and every website knows people hate doing returns, so I ended up with one full-price item.
So watch out for making orders as sales are ending, and know that whatever you order, be sure it's the right stuff, right size, etc., because their orders are near impossible to stop.
I started this post before Christmas when I had a similar situation.
I watched my tracking number and was home when the fed-ex guy came and asked him to return the package.
My refund showed up about two weeks later without paying any return shipping fees.
It is frustrating that you cannot cancel an order two minutes after purchase!
Good luck!

Personally I would refuse delivery of the shipment. And if they did not issue me a full refund I would file a dispute as they charged a different amount than you agreed to.

I reconsidered a second order of the new masks. By the time they get here in July I'll have too many already. So I went into chat and was able to cancel the order. I know the Disney Masks are pre-order so that's probably why they could cancel it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!