Cancelling room after MB?

d0naldduck123

Mouseketeer
Unfortunately some things came up and we may have to cancel our reservation. It was a room-only so I believe we can cancel and get the deposit back until 5 days before check-in date. But the thing is, I already received the magic bands. What happens when I cancel the room? Do I ship them back?

I just cancelled a room only reservation last night and a warning popped up saying that my FP+ selections would be cancelled if I proceeded. I proceeded and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Unfortunately some things came up and we may have to cancel our reservation. It was a room-only so I believe we can cancel and get the deposit back until 5 days before check-in date. But the thing is, I already received the magic bands. What happens when I cancel the room? Do I ship them back?

You just keep them. If you go at a later date, you can use them on a later trip if you wish. You don't need to return them or do anything.

If you cancel more than 30 days out, they'll cancel your FPs. If you cancel less than 30 days out, they won't cancel them.

This is not true. The room plays no role in holding FPs. It only opens the early booking window. Once the window is open, it stays open. Ticket entitlements are what keep the FPs intact. If PP has ticket entitlements in MDE the FPs will remain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter