Candlelight Processional questions

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
Hey gang! DH and I are catching Neil Patrick Harris in this on 11/30! We LOVE him on "How I Met Your Mother" Neither of us were Doogie fans. He'll be Barney to us forever.....

I've got two questions:

1. Can you take flash pictures during the CP?

and

2. Do the narrators sign autographs at all during the evening?

No flash pictures. And the two CP's we have been at, there was no opportunity for autograph signing or even getting close to the guest speaker.

i worked at the Candlelight Processional when I was on the college program at Epcot and I never even met any of the narrators. But NPH, how cool! Have a wonderful time!

We made our CP package reservations for 12/13 because he was supposed to be the narrator and then he switched on us!! Now we get Chita Rivera. Oh well, it is the show I want to see so I guess it doesn't matter who the narrator is.

I alway take a mix of video and still images, but never use additional camera lighting. The theater is generally well lit, so you probably won't even need your flash.

Sorry - there are no opportunities to get the narrator's autograph.

We are just missing Barney but I get to see J Peterman from Seinfeld!!! :thumbsup2

I LOVE How I Met Your Mother. Most underrated show on TV right now.

:wave2: BIG wave! I'll be there too. I have the CP package for the first show, then I'm planning to see the second or third show also. I'll be the crazy solo wearing the Santa hat with Mickey ears.
We'll be there on 11/30 too. We'll wave!

We are just missing Barney but I get to see J Peterman from Seinfeld!!! :thumbsup2

for a moment i thought you meant that the giant purple dinosaur was going to be narrating :rotfl:
I really need to watch HIMYM, i have heard so many good things about it.

We made our CP package reservations for 12/13 because he was supposed to be the narrator and then he switched on us!! Now we get Chita Rivera. Oh well, it is the show I want to see so I guess it doesn't matter who the narrator is.

My partner and I saw Chita Rivera last year and she was absolutely AMAZING! I recorded her performance and watched it all summer long preparing for our trip in less than 10 days. Chita puts her heart and soul into the show and it seemed that she was only talking to me! Enjoy the show!

Hey gang! DH and I are catching Neil Patrick Harris in this on 11/30! We LOVE him on "How I Met Your Mother" Neither of us were Doogie fans. He'll be Barney to us forever.....

I've got two questions:

1. Can you take flash pictures during the CP?

and

2. Do the narrators sign autographs at all during the evening?

I took video of the performance last year, as well as, some still photos with no problems. I wish the artist would offer an autograph session, Chita Rivera was AWESOME! I'll also be there on the 30th with my partner and sister. I'll be the crazy guy grinning ear to ear. LOL :santa:

We have taken flash pictures in the past. Most camera flashes don't do much good if you are towards the back of the theater though. The stage lighting is fairly bright for most of the show though.

We have never been able to get an autograph. After the show, the speaker goes to a dressing room behind the stage to get ready for the next show. Ocassionally they will go back to talk to the school groups practicing for next show.

I have taken flash pictures as well. They never, at least from what I recall, have said you cant take flash pictures. And I definitely wasnt the only one taking pictures. I know there are no autographs though!

Gina

Yes, Andie McDowell (I'll be there then too!) was in the movie "Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray. And I think "Michael" with John Travolta. She's a good actress but never heard her narrate, so I'm excited.

Can you tell me if I need to make some sort of reservations to ensure I see this? My dd7 would love to see/hear monique coleman of high school musical fame!!
Thanks in advance.

Can you tell me if I need to make some sort of reservations to ensure I see this? My dd7 would love to see/hear monique coleman of high school musical fame!!
Thanks in advance.

The show is open to anyone who can get in...free of charge. But, Disney does offer a Candlelight Processional dinner package. You eat at a prearranged restaurant (there are three different price tiers depending on the particular restaurant), you are given a card to turn in at the entrance to CP. Then, those with the dinner packages are allowed in about 30 mins before the show starts. There is still a long line to wait in (I've routinely waited about 45 mins in that line), but you get good seats. If you choose to not do the dinner package, you can wait in the standby line, over to the right of the theater (the package line is to the left). But, be aware, that line gets humoungously long. I saw people in that line, waiting for the 8:15 show, at 6:00!! They had to stand there, waiting, while the 6:30 show went on.

We have LeCellier for dinner the night of the 7th..with Monique Coleman. I'm planning on stopping by and trying to catch some of Steven Curtis Chapmans and Chita Riveras performances also. But, I'll just watch/listen from the sidewalk....won't try to get a seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter