Candy Cane Inn or Grand Legacy?

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
We're just starting to talk about our 2nd trip to Disneyland for next summer. This year we stayed at Disneyland Hotel, and while we really liked it, I simply can't see spending that kind of money again. I really like the reviews of CCI, but prefer the look and size of the pool at Grand Legacy. Plus, GL looks to be much closer to just run back and forth if we needed to. Opinions?

Actually, I think the CCI is closer than the GL and is on the same side of Harbor as the parks, so you wouldn't even have to cross Harbor. There is one small signal if you walk to/from the CCI, but it is minor. The signals to cross Harbor are major, since Harbor is a big, busy street, so waiting for those signals can take longer sometimes. The two hotels really aren't very far apart, though.
Your choice really comes down to which amenities you prefer. If the pool is your deal breaker, then you probably should go with the GL. CCI has a nice pool area, but it is small. If customer service, private shuttle, generous free breakfast (continental), and the possiblity to book premium rooms (larger room, bathrobes, amenities basket, DVD player/free rentals at desk, small fridge and microwave, breakfast delivered to room) factor in to your decision, then go with the CCI.

We have stayed at GL. It has a nice pool area. The rooms are clean and updated. Very close walk to DL. Crossing Harbor wasn’t a problem.

We stayed at the CCI a month ago (actually checked in one month ago today). The pool is not huge but does the trick. My 9yo is used to a lot bigger pools at out health club and didn't complain about the size. It's about a 10 min easy flat walk to the parks. I agree with what @theluckyrabbit said above. There is a also a good view of the fireworks from the second floor walk way. From around room numbers 224-228 or so probably have the best view. We were in 222 and one night we shut the lights off and opened the wood shutters and my daughter watched them laying in bed.

Are those your only choices? I heard GL pool area is loud late.

More comparable to dlh is the Courtyard Marriott theme Park entrance.

My vote is for the Grand Legacy! I've stayed there multiple times and love it. Customer service is always amazing!

No question, Candy Cane Inn! Breakfast, free parking, great service with return coupons, clean rooms, beautiful grounds, a shuttle in case your feet are killin ya. Grand Legacy is okay but no free parking and the “breakfast” is now a “snack bag”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter