Candy Cane Inn, Park Vue or Grand Legacy

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
Hi all. Making our 1st trip to Disneyland next year. Which of these 3 would you choose? I'm leaning towards CCI based on reviews, however the location of Park Vue and the pool at Grand Legacy, as well as the proximity to Ihop and Dennys has me guessing.

If we choose CCI, is there a big difference in room size between Deluxe and Premium?

Thanks in advance!

I have not stayed at CCI or Park Vue, but I have stayed at Grand Legacy. It's fine... a basic but clean motel. The pool is nothing special so if you were thinking it was I wouldn't choose based on that. The location is great, very close to the parks. Took me 5 minutes to walk to the gate.

Park Vue. Nice rooms, breakfast, easy parking, clean pool, nice staff. The location is amazing and will ruin you for ever staying farther away.

We’ve stayed at park Vue twice and staying again in a couple weeks. I originally booked a room at Grand Legacy to try something new and slightly cheaper but ended up canceling for PV. You can’t beat the closeness to the gates and at the end of the night, I usually can’t walk any further :)

What I don't like about Park Vue is the room setup. I know, sounds weird, but it just didn't appeal to me. But I love the location. Then again, CCI has a free shuttle which is nice.

Love CCI.....pool is fine, no bells and whistles. The breakfast is good and the shuttle is great ! especially at night!! I believe the rooms are bigger with premium, but deluxe was fine for us (2 adults). Really can't go wrong there and great customer service! IHop and Denny's are more expensive than regular ones and we don't waste our time there anymore....rather head to the parks! For close to the crosswalk we have stayed at BWPPI which was good as well (right at the crosswalk.) Still, would choose CCI (if not staying at GCH or DLH !!)

What I don't like about Park Vue is the room setup. I know, sounds weird, but it just didn't appeal to me. But I love the location. Then again, CCI has a free shuttle which is nice.

How’s the room set up different than other motels? I didn’t notice a difference. I like not having to wait for shuttle, so for me that’s a huge plus with park vue

Would be no contest for us; Park Vue.
Nice hotel with a great free breakfast and maybe most important, much shorter walk to the parks entrance.

No contest Candy Cane. Premium rooms are a bit larger, but even better they deliver breakfast to Premium rooms. You just put out your request the night before, and the time you want! And there are DVD players in the room.

+1 on the CCI premium rooms. Larger rooms, microwave and small refrigerator, bathrobes, amenities basket. Breakfast delivered to the room (generous servings and attention to detail -- our requests were answered exactly right every morning!) makes getting everyone ready for the parks so much easier in the mornings. Rooms were clean, shuttle service was very courteous (driver helped my parents in and out of the shuttle every time) and punctual. Staff was courteous, friendly, and very helpful. And having the A Mart next door (and the 7-11 next to that and the 24/7 CVS across the street at Katella) is super convenient for snacks and drinks and any little things you might need.
Ask about discounts. CCI offers several, e.g. AAA, AARP, AP, etc.

How’s the room set up different than other motels? I didn’t notice a difference. I like not having to wait for shuttle, so for me that’s a huge plus with park vue

Just a couple small things. Don't like the TV on the wall. Also don't care for AC being in bathroom area.

Honestly, the premium rooms at Grand Legacy look the nicest by far. Double sinks, nice showers. I think we're going to stick with Candy Cane though. Definitely most consistent in terms of good reviews.

Not sure why we have not tried CCI with all the good reviews. We have stayed at PVI and GL multiple times, but most recent stays have been at GL.

Pools are about the same, in the parking lot, GL a little nicer.

GL has changed breakfast, you get a bag now with fruit, granola, cheese and water, nod to PVI for hot breakfast.

Rooms are nicer at GL, especially the beds, nod to GL.

Rooftop lounge at GL to watch fireworks and grab an adult beverage, nod there.

Walk from CCI a little farther than GL, maybe a block, so not that bad.

Just a couple small things. Don't like the TV on the wall. Also don't care for AC being in bathroom area.

Honestly, the premium rooms at Grand Legacy look the nicest by far. Double sinks, nice showers. I think we're going to stick with Candy Cane though. Definitely most consistent in terms of good reviews.

Interesting. Never thought about those things but I prefer the AC away from the beds. We also don’t watch TV because we basically use the room to crash after being in the parks :)

People have their favorites but for me the proximity of the Park Vue can't be beat. If I can avoid waiting for and planning my day around a shuttle I always do so. After a long day of walking, proximity is what is most important to me. Also going back for a mid day break or to get something you've forgotten is easy at the Park Vue. Also I like their free breakfast.

Last edited:
The extra walking distance doesn't bother me. An extra 4 or 5 minutes is nothing. We used to stay at Boardwalk and walk back from Hollywood Studios with no problem.

I guess it depends on your priorities. We tour pretty hard. The time of year you are going has really long park hours. We can't make it 8-12 so we like to be at the gate by 7:15 - 7:30 and take a nap mid day and close the park. Candy Cane is a pretty long walk, and I don't like to have to wait for a shuttle. So I always stay at the closest motel I can afford. Usually Tropicana or Desert Inn. But I would pick the Park Vue if it were a few bucks cheaper.

I mapped it on Google. The walk to the pedestrian entrance from Park Vue is .3 miles. From CCI it's .6 miles. Cake either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter