Can't believe we got it!!

mort1331

DIS Veteran
Was able to get a studio at VGC for the last week of August. :This will be our first trip to the west coast. We will be buying the Canadian discounted tickets and staying at VGC. Since we cant see us back on the west coast for some time we plan on the 5 day hopper tickets. Flying down for 7 nights, might look at down time for other days.
Have been able to do a little research, but until I could snag the studio at the 7 month mark for the whole trip did not want to do too much.
Now to find out how and cost of getting from LAX to resort and other things to do.
Just happy about getting into resort.

Congrats! Not sure if where you are coming from will fly into SNA or LGB but if so, I usually take Lyft to the resort area. Less than $30 and a 25 min drive (weather permitting).

We were just as fortunate for July - maybe people are holding off til Star Wars is open.

Flying into LGB and out of LAX. Need to figure out transportation too. Bought our tickets & max passes yesterday!

Congratulations! We had that same euphoric feeling with a 1 bedroom reservation in mid-August 2016! It was one of our best DVC trips ever! Now go play the lotto and see if you win there, too!

Was able to get a studio at VGC for the last week of August. :This will be our first trip to the west coast. We will be buying the Canadian discounted tickets and staying at VGC. Since we cant see us back on the west coast for some time we plan on the 5 day hopper tickets. Flying down for 7 nights, might look at down time for other days.
Have been able to do a little research, but until I could snag the studio at the 7 month mark for the whole trip did not want to do too much.
Now to find out how and cost of getting from LAX to resort and other things to do.
Just happy about getting into resort.

Congratulations on getting into Grand Californian. Its a great resort, and hopefully you have a view of the park, but a Downtown Disney view is pretty nice. To get from LAX to Disneyland, I used the Super Shuttle. They were great and from what I remember affordable. Enjoy your trip.

Congrats! We just got back from a stay there. You'll love the resort. We enjoyed sitting back by the fireplace and relaxing as it was a little chilly to relax in the pool. We had a view of DCA from our studio on the fourth floor. You might want to request a higher floor for a better view. Here's what our view was back in January from room 4510:

8021B1E7-7193-4543-94C9-FE143533988D.jpeg 8646F506-FF13-40A1-9491-147080817C8D.jpeg

Congrats!! We stayed at VGC last August and had a great time. Hopefully you have good weather, but not the searing heat wave that we suffered through!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter