Can't purchase Disney gift card w/ Target gift card?

Doesn't work for me. It refused to let me apply Target Gift Cards for either email or physical Disney Gift Cards. I might try dropping by the store and see if they'll let me do it in person. Oddly, it tells me in my cart that I have $x.xx in gift cards I can apply "to this order", but won't when I actually try.

Doesn't work for me. It refused to let me apply Target Gift Cards for either email or physical Disney Gift Cards. I might try dropping by the store and see if they'll let me do it in person. Oddly, it tells me in my cart that I have $x.xx in gift cards I can apply "to this order", but won't when I actually try.
It works for me in store, but not online.

Have you read this whole thread? It's been almost a year since Target permitted any GCs to be purchased online with a Target GC as payment.

Have you read this whole thread? It's been almost a year since Target permitted any GCs to be purchased online with a Target GC as payment.

There are posts saying some people were able to as recently as a couple months ago, while others weren't able to.

Please pardon my ignorance, as I am new to this thread and board! I have always used my RedCard to get 5% off of DGC. How do you do this with Target gift cards? You buy a Target gc with a red card, get 5% off, then use the Target GC to buy a Disney GC with one small item that puts it over the total amount so you can use your Red Card to get an additional discount? And this still works in store?

VP

Please pardon my ignorance, as I am new to this thread and board! I have always used my RedCard to get 5% off of DGC. How do you do this with Target gift cards? You buy a Target gc with a red card, get 5% off, then use the Target GC to buy a Disney GC with one small item that puts it over the total amount so you can use your Red Card to get an additional discount? And this still works in store?

VP

You do not get 5% off purchasing Target Gift Cards with your Red Card. Some people were/are able to get Target gift cards either for free through special offers or APPs or for a discount through various deals. Target used to allow you to use a gift card to purchase a gift card online but this hasn't been the case for about a year. You CAN buy a gift card with a Target Gift Card IN STORE (just not prepaid Visa, MC and AMEX types). You won't get any additional percentage off whatever is paid with the gift card. If your order is OVER the amount of what you have on your gift card you can use your Red Card (and 5% off) for the EXCESS only.

You do not get 5% off purchasing Target Gift Cards with your Red Card. Some people were/are able to get Target gift cards either for free through special offers or APPs or for a discount through various deals. Target used to allow you to use a gift card to purchase a gift card online but this hasn't been the case for about a year. You CAN buy a gift card with a Target Gift Card IN STORE (just not prepaid Visa, MC and AMEX types). You won't get any additional percentage off whatever is paid with the gift card. If your order is OVER the amount of what you have on your gift card you can use your Red Card (and 5% off) for the EXCESS only.

Got it! Thanks!

VP
This OP of this thread is more than a year old. Much of what is written in the beginning is outdated and useless advice.

You never could purchase a Target GC with a REDCard and get a 5% discount. That has never worked, whether you made the purchase online or in-store.

Purchasing any GC on Target .com with a Target GC is not possible anymore. It doesn't matter whether you add a small item or not. The order won't go thru.

If you make a purchase in-store, you can use your REDCard for 5% off. Or a Target GC to purchase a Disney GC. Or any combination of both. But you will only get 5% off of the amount actually being paid for by the REDCard.

Last edited:
^^^ Target offers a lot of sales (particularly on Black Friday) where rather than discount the item, they give you a gift card for a certain amount. I have 4 right now.

There seems to be at least one every time I'm in store i.e. cleaning supplies, food, clothing, baby purchase etc. I get one at least once a month. And yes, Black Friday even more.

Theres been reports u can no longer buy gift cards with gift cards... something about a new system update on target's system. anyone experience that?

Theres been reports u can no longer buy gift cards with gift cards... something about a new system update on target's system. anyone experience that?
I purchased a $100 Disney GC yesterday and paid for it with Target GCs.

I purchased a Disney gift card with my Red Card and got 5% successfully about two weeks ago at my local Target

I've done it recently in store also.

The problem is purchasing online, but it hasn't allowed you to purchase Disney gift cards with gift Target gift cards for about a year.

It doesn't allow it online, but that has been about a year now.

@FoxC63 posted on the Disney Gift Card Deals thread the link to the Doctor of Credit posting that said that: Disney Gift Card Deals

However, there's been a bunch of us that bought DGC with Tgt GC this week that haven't experienced it yet. Some even said they used self checkout with the new interface and it worked. I just today used $100 worth of Target GC's to purchase a $100 Disney GC with my regular shopping order in-store and no issues. So may be glitches in certain areas or only rolled out in certain areas, but no reports yet over there of being denied. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

@FoxC63 posted on the Disney Gift Card Deals thread the link to the Doctor of Credit posting that said that: Disney Gift Card Deals

However, there's been a bunch of us that bought DGC with Tgt GC this week that haven't experienced it yet. Some even said they used self checkout with the new interface and it worked. I just today used $100 worth of Target GC's to purchase a $100 Disney GC with my regular shopping order in-store and no issues. So may be glitches in certain areas or only rolled out in certain areas, but no reports yet over there of being denied. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I brought it up but many have been able to do it on the new system. I think it's more about other 3rd party GC as Target views Disney GC as "Entertainment" you should read the comments over [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-gift-card-deals.2941964/page-1381#post-58070325"]here[/URL]:-)

On Dec 3rd this year you can buy Target GC for 10% off, they have one day every year. That is how they are getting a discount on Disney GC's that is making this post worthy. Otherwise, just buy them with a red card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter