Can't stop, won't stop- updated 9/1 Complete!

Day 4- May 25

We went back to MK this day and had a very relaxing morning. Around 12:00 we headed out to hop over to EP again. Our first stop of the day was again an unusually quiet Rose and Crown Pub. If you guessed we ordered the same beers as the previous two times you are correct.

In case you forget what they look like 😉

IMG_5827.jpg

Our first booth of the day was Northern Bloom.

Seared Scallops with French Green Beans, Butter Potatoes, Brown Butter Vinaigrette and Apple-wood Smoked Bacon. This was really good. The scallops were cooked perfectly. The potatoes tasted better than they looked too.

IMG_5828.jpg

Next was The Citrus Blossom again. We ordered another lobster tail and the tuna. This lobster tail had significantly more sauce on it than the one from the other day. Both were delicious!

Lobster Tail with Meyer Lemon Emulsion and Grilled Lemon. Tuna Tataki with Spicy Yuzu Glaze, Mango, Avocado and Pappadam Crisp.

IMG_5829.jpg

Next stop was Refreshment Port. DS went ahead and ordered the Coffee-rubbed Pork Poutine with Barbecue Demi-Glace, Fire-roasted Corn Relish and Cheese Curds. He was in line for a while and it also took a while for him to get the order. But I would say it was worth the wait! This was so good and huge!

IMG_5830.jpg

We next stopped at La Isla Fresca. We got the Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice and Coconut-Lime Sauce which was very good. We also got the Tropical Freeze with Cruzan Mango Rum.

IMG_5831.jpg

IMG_5832.jpg

Trowel & Trellis Hosted by IMPOSSIBLE™ Foods was next. I have this weird obsession with street corn. When I see it on a menu I always want to get it but never do. DH made sure I got it this time. While it was good having corn stuck in your teeth all day is just not worth it. 😂

Grilled Street Corn on the Cob with Savory Garlic Spread

IMG_5834.jpg

Our last booth of the day was
Jardin de Fiestas.

Beef Torta: Braised Beef served on a Crispy Sourdough Roll with Queso Oaxaca, Avocado, Pickled Onions and Jalapeños in a Spicy Habanero Sauce and Damiana Flower Margarita: Damiana Flower Liqueur, Blanco Tequila, Agave Nectar and Citrus Juices served on the rocks with a Black Ant Salt Rim.

IMG_5835.jpg IMG_5836.jpg

The torta was awesome but super messy. The cup had sauce on the bottom so when picking it up the sauce got everywhere. But still, the flavors were delicious. We were not fans of the margarita. Not really sure what it was but it just wasn't a good one. It may have been too sweet.

Up next, we decide to get out of the heat for a while. Where's better than the tequila bar!

We were ready to get out of the heat and take a break from walking. We thought La Cava del Tequila sounded like a good choice and we were pleasantly surprised with no wait for a table again.
We started with the chips and queso, salsa and guac again. DS ordered one of the tequilas from our flight the previous day and that one came with the side of crickets. I don't recall which one it was but I will find out in October. We also ordered a small flight that came with three tequilas and sangrita. All of them were really good. The crickets were smoky and really interesting. We wouldn't hesitate to get them again.

IMG_5837.jpg IMG_5838.jpg IMG_5840.jpg IMG_5842.jpg

IMG_3010.jpg IMG_3011.jpg

We returned back to the hotel to get ready for our dinner. We were heading to Disney Springs to eat at Frontera Cocina for the first time. This dinner was completely backward. We first arrived at Amorettes Patisserie. The last time we tried to go here it was closed for a private function. I was not leaving without trying one of the Mickey Mouse cakes.

IMG_5849.jpg

This was awesome! I’m so glad we got to try this. We will definitely be stopping for one on our next trip.

We then stopped at The Daily Poutine. I’ve been dying to get here for many of our past trips. This was good but we all agreed the poutine at the festival was better.

IMG_5850.jpg

Finally we arrived at Frontera. All of us slightly full. I started off with a mango fire margarita. Very good and I’m sure I got a second.

IMG_5851.jpg

DD got the carne asada tacos and really enjoyed them.

IMG_5857.jpg

DH and I split the carne asada entree. This was really good as well. The steak was cooked perfectly.

IMG_5858.jpg

DS ordered the pork belly tacos and a side of Queso Añejo Mashed Potatoes. The potato’s were the best thing we ate all night. OMG! I would go back just for these. They were so good. He also enjoyed the pork belly tacos.

IMG_5859.jpg

IMG_5861.jpg

DD ordered the Esquites Ensalada with steak and enjoyed it.

IMG_5862.jpg

We were all very full but decided to all share one dessert. We went with the ANCHO CHILE CHOCOLATE CAKE. We all enjoyed it and after dessert we headed back to the hotel to get some much needed rest!

IMG_5864.jpg

Following along. Our ADR for February 2020 just opened up and I have been scouring the Boards for new restaurant choices.

Following along. Our ADR for February 2020 just opened up and I have been scouring the Boards for new restaurant choices.

Thanks! This trip we returned to a lot of our favorites but on our next trip in October, I decided to give some new places a try. My dining reports tend to have the same reviews over and over!

Day 5- May 26

We started today with visiting AK. We rode FoP and since a few of us get motion sickness, we stopped for a pretzel and a drink right after. We stopped right in Pandora at Pongu Pongu.

Colossal Pretzel with Beer Cheese Sauce

IMG_5867.jpg

Night Blossom - Non-Alcoholic Specialty Beverage

IMG_5869.jpg

Mo'ara Margarita

IMG_5868.jpg

These were really good! The pretzel with the beer cheese dip was awesome! One of the best we've had. We went on some more rides before heading over to Yak and Yeti for one of our favorites!

We arrived at Yak and Yeti around 12:00. DS had never been here before. We couldn't wait for him to try it! Thank goodness for my Landry's card! I gave my name and we were seated not too long after. We started off with some drinks (of course). DH and I got beers and DS ordered the Yak Attack.

IMG_5877.jpg

We started with one of the best appetizers anywhere, the Ahi Tuna Nachos. These are soooo good! DS was really happy.

IMG_5879.jpg

DD2 ordered the Pork Pot Stickers and Pork Egg Rolls (no picture) for her meal. She ate every bite!

IMG_5880.jpg

DD1's friend ordered a kids cheeseburger. Not a very adventurous eater but he said it was good.

IMG_5881.jpg

DD1 got a special on the menu. I don't remember exactly what it was. Tacos and the meat had a sweet marinade. Unfortunately, she did not like them. I tried them and I wasn't crazy about them either. The fries were a hit though!

IMG_5883.jpg

DH, DS and I all split the best burger on property! The Kobe Beef Burger. This is so good! The burger is super juicy and the fries are awesome! I love the mayo it comes with. We all enjoyed it and wished we had our own! But we never would have been able to finish everything. Another successful trip at Yak and Yeti.

IMG_2770.JPG

After our day at AK, we headed back to EP for a few more snacks. We stopped in Germany at Karamell-Kuche. We got a salted caramel cupcake and a salted caramel fudge brownie.

IMG_5892.jpg IMG_5893.jpg

I can't even tell you how bad these were! I don't think I have ever tasted anything so dry. They both went in the trash. We were really disappointed. We will stick to the chocolate caramel with sea salt from now on.

We headed over to Kringla for our first time. I've always read about so many good things here. We decided to give the school bread a try. I don't have a picture. This was ok. I don't think we will be back for another one but I do think we may come back to try something else. The lefse looks interesting.

We finished our afternoon with a stop at Choza de Margarita. We have had the empanadas before and really enjoy them.

IMG_5894.jpg

Again, they were great. I really love the Corn Esquites. I could eat a whole bowl of it!

We headed out for dinner on our last night to Trattoria al Forno. We had a few different ADR's for this night originally, but we were getting tired since it was the end of our trip so we decided to stay close. First, we stopped at AbracadaBar for a drink and an appetizer.

Abra Fries- Parmesan cheese Truffle Oil Meyer Lemon Aioli

IMG_5899.jpg

If we knew how good these were going to be and how so-so our dinner was going to be, we would have stayed here all night and ordered more of these plus some other options on the menu. These were 100% THE BEST FRIES EVER!!!!! I seriously hope that they are still on the menu in October. I can not wait!!!

We headed into Trattoria and we were seated right away. We've eaten here for breakfast many times and love it, but this was our first dinner experience. We started off with their bread and olive oil and tapenade. This was good. I enjoyed it.

IMG_5900.jpg

Next, we ordered Salumi Italiani (serves two). This was good as well. The meats were nice and fresh. The cheese was really creamy. The accompaniments were good too.

IMG_5901.jpg

When we were looking at the menu before we arrived, I had suggested that we order a few of their pizzas and share. We are an Italian family and hold a high standard when it comes to Italian food. For some reason, my idea did not follow through. DH ordered the Pizza di Tartufo
Assorted Mushroom, Ricotta Crèma, Truffle Essence, Fontina. He did like this but he was not feeling too good this night so I don't think he was able to really enjoy it. It was very rich and with his stomach not feeling good I don't think it sat well with him. I tried a piece and thought it was very good. I would recommend it.

IMG_5902.jpg

DS ordered the Polpette-
Herb-laced Beef, Pork, and Veal Meatballs, Ricotta Cavatelli, Mascarpone, Basil, Sunday Gravy. I'm not sure why he chose this as we really don't order meatballs at any restaurants. They tend to always be made with too much breading and dry and stiff. So, unfortunately, he did not enjoy his dinner. The cavatelli was ok.

IMG_5903.jpg

I went with the
Parmigiana di Pollo- Breaded Chicken Breast, Pecorino Romano, Provolone, Fresh Pasta, Sunday Gravy. Again this was just ok. I ate most of the pasta and some of the chicken. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever had but I wouldn't order it again.

IMG_5904.jpg

The kids weren't too hungry and ordered plain spaghetti which was not picture worthy.

We ordered some gelato and zeppoli for dessert. I don't have any pictures because we waited and waited and waited. After almost half an hour, I called someone over(our server was nowhere to be found) and told them we wanted the check and no longer wanted the dessert. We were brought the check and right at the same time the desserts came out. We were given a container to take them with us. We packed the zeppoli up but left the gelato. We were able to enjoy them back in the room. And we were not charged for them.

So we didn't have the best experience here, but I wouldn't cross it off our list. We will definitely be returning for breakfast and if in a pinch for dinner plans I could maybe see us coming back. I would stick with my suggestion of sharing some pizzas. They all sound pretty good to me. But I do think there are so many better places to eat.

Signing on late! All caught up now. Y'all like some of our favorite places, really enjoying your reviews!

Abra Fries- Parmesan cheese Truffle Oil Meyer Lemon Aioli

IMG_5899.jpg

OMG those look RIGHT up my alley.

Am I the only one here for the drinks? Gf and I are doing an adult Disney trip in 3 weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter