Cape May NJ Hotels - Suggestions

Muddy Rivers

DIS Veteran
Looking for suggestions for a hotel for a 2 night October stay in Cape May. Would prefer something other than a bed and breakfast, but if you have a suggestion for a wonderful one, I'd love to hear about it.

Any nearby decent hotel chains nearby? Not familiar with the area.

DIS people always have the best ideas! Thanks.

Friends just stayed at Congress Hall. The jersey shore really doesn’t have a lot of chains, especially cape May.

Thank you. That was our first choice but unfortunately they are sold out for Columbus Day weekend.

My husband and I stayed at the Periwinkle Inn a few years ago when the Pope came to Philadelphia and we wanted to get out of town. We really enjoyed it and would stay there again. https://periwinkleinn.com/

I know you weren't really looking for a B&B but we loved our stay at the Queen Victoria in the Knightsbridge room. We loved sitting in the front porch swings and rocking chairs. It was a very relaxing 2 night stay. Short walk to ocean.

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate everyone's help and suggestions. Can't wait to see Cape May.

DIS people are the best!

I know you weren't really looking for a B&B but we loved our stay at the Queen Victoria in the Knightsbridge room. We loved sitting in the front porch swings and rocking chairs. It was a very relaxing 2 night stay. Short walk to ocean.

I was just going to suggest the Queen Victoria. We stayed in the Balmoral room, which is in the Queen’s Cottage. The Queen Victoria is beautiful. We also love to sit on the porch(es) in the rocking chairs and people watch. The breakfast is great and there is afternoon tea and snacks, too. The location cannot be beat; just about a block from the Washington Mall and about a block from the beach (in the other direction). We parked our car and didn’t move it for three days. I can’t wait to return for Christmas.

If looking for a hotel, The La Mer is very nice hotel that just put an addition on so they have some new rooms available. I would also recommend eating at Tisha’s on the Cape May mall or Panico’s (on Broadway Ave). For dessert, I would recommend Peace Pie located near the Carpenters Square Mall. If possible, stay away from the Lobter House, it is a tourist trap. There are plenty of great restaurants to choose from!
I am from Cape May so if you have any other questions feel free to ask!

The same people/group that owns Congress Hall also owns the Beach Shack. It is a handful of blocks down from Congress Hall right on Beach Ave. They have a restaurant there called the Rusty Nail that is very popular (we rent a house but always go there for a meal or drinks every summer). They also have beach chairs/umbrellas/pool with waiter service from the restaurant but not sure what the amenities look like in October (obviously the outdoor pool would be closed). As a sister hotel I believe you can charge back to the room when you dine at Congress Hall.
There is also the Inn of Cape May but they are very Victorian unless the rooms have been updated recently.
The Hotel Alcott is also very nice on Grant St but be aware they have no parking. You have to park on street wherever you can find a spot.

Thank you everybody! I have a bit more research to do. Your suggestions really helped! Thank you again!

We always stay at the Virginia Hotel (owned by Congress Hall). We've stayed at the "Grand" as well. Another option is check out the new cottages at the Beach Plum Farm. Dying to stay there. I'm very very familiar with the area if you have any other questions!

We always stay at the Virginia Hotel (owned by Congress Hall). We've stayed at the "Grand" as well. Another option is check out the new cottages at the Beach Plum Farm. Dying to stay there. I'm very very familiar with the area if you have any other questions!
Thank you very much for your offer. That was very nice of you. I'll do my research and let you know if we have any questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!