Cape May vs 1900 Park Fare

Capitalangel

Mouseketeer
My husband and two sons (7 and 4 when we travel) will be staying for two nights at Caribbean Beach before our cruise on the Disney Dream in February. We are not going to be going into any parks this time and instead will be exploring the resorts, Disney Springs, ect. I was looking for a fun breakfast for us one morning. Do people recommend Cape May or Park Fare? We did Chef Mickeys last time so would like a new experience. I would like to have a variety off foods, which it looks like both have. I am not sure the characters are a limiting factor since we will see Minnie and Friends on the ship but my kids do not know the British characters quite as well (but there is time to watch Alice in Wonderland if that is what we choose). Thanks for any help!

Very personal reason that I prefer Cape May, there is lox offered there, and I do not remember having them at 1900.

We like both breakfasts, but for this occasion, I'd suggest 1900 Park Fare. If you don't have a car, it'll be easier to get to Grand Floridian--take a bus to MK, then the monorail or boat. The characters at Cape May are in their beach attire, which they will wear at some point on your cruise. There are only 3 characters at Cape May (Minnie, Donald, Goofy), vs. 5 at 1900 Park Fare. I think 1900 Park Fare has a larger variety of foods (each side of the buffet has different offerings, meeting up at the manned station in the middle. It's been quite a while since we did 1900 breakfast--it used to be Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, Winnie the Pooh, and Piglet? The Mad Hatter and Alice were fantastic the last time we saw them!

I prefer the food at 1900 Park Fare more than Cape May. It felt like a bigger selection. Also like the person above me said, you'll get more characters going to 1900. My one time to Cape May was enough for me, although it wasn't a bad meal.

Personally for me when it comes to the food it's six or one half dozen of the other. They are both your mass produced typical breakfast buffet fodder sitting in serving stations to be piled high on the plate. Just my opinion, but it's quantity over quality. So with that said, I would base my decision between these two on which characters that you are most interested in. I personally thought the Mad Hatter was hilarious.

1900 Park Fare definitely easier to get to...also 5 characters instead of 3...Alice, Mad Hatter (very funny), Mary Poppins, POOH and Tigger is there (not sure about Piglet).

I like both of these breakfasts, but it looks like 1900 Park Fare would be a good opportunity for you to introduce your kids to the British characters, and I agree that the Mad Hatter is an especially fun character to meet.

Thanks for the feedback. I love Pooh and crew and the ability to get there easier swayed me. I also agree we will see a lot of the fab 5 around the ship so variety will be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter