Capt. Plan vs. Family Plan - renting boats?

Honeychild

Mouseketeer
On our last trip to WDW my family rode a pontoon boat from POFQ to POR (Yes, short trip!). Anyway, my husband made the statement that next time he was there he wanted to rent a boat and skip a park. Well, I have planned a "free" day into our next trip. I've researched my options and need some help from those of you that may have rented boats before.

One plan is for $115, unlimited boat rental, unlimited party size, during a 4 hour block your entire stay - does anyone know the four hour block? I called WDW Play and they didn't know the hours. (This one is is appealing because my sister's family will be with us and we could all go out on the pontoon boat and/or the boys could use the mouseboats.)

The other plan is for $199., unlimited boat rental, 4 person party, anytime during the day, entire length of stay. (This one is appealing because of the anytime during the day, but would limit it to just my family.)

My husband's birthday is coming up and I would like to make him a gift certificate for this. Any help would be appreciated.

We are staying at the WL if that makes any difference.

THANKS!

I don't have more info on the less expensive plan, but I believe the more expensive one also includes bike rental. It's called the bike and boat plan or something similar :) I have also read that 5 people are allowed!

The info given out varies greatly. You might end up making a generic "day of boating" GC and then making the final decision when you get there.

If you go over to the DVC board, they have had a lot of discussions about it. A search on that board on bike brought up several threads.

I agree with Gillian to check with the resort once you're there. I think that it is 4 or 5 drivers (I'm guessing by a given resort's room capacity based on reports I've seen??), but I think you can take people not signed up as drivers on the pontoon boat. Of course you would be limited by the boat's capacity.

Maybe you could make out your own certificate being a little vague:D .

Unless it has changed the 199 plan is limited to 4. However as stated if you get a pontoon then you can take guests not listed on your plan as long as you do not exceed the limit of passengers for the boat.

The 4 on your plan have to be the same people, as you have to give them names and you will need ID when you use your plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter