Captain's Gala or Palo?

Nysie

Mouseketeer
Where would you rather dine- At the Captain's Gala on Formal night or at Palo? Thanks for your ffed back!!:Pinkbounc

on our 1st cruise we ended up eating at Palo on formal night...
they offered the lobster tails up there as well....I love lobster so
I did not really get to enjoy all that Palo has to offer...I ate
their appetizers and desserts but did the lobster for my entree...
on our 2nd cruise we ate up there on a different night and got to
really enjoy the Palo menu....Personally that is how I would do
it again....I love the food up there....so we will eat lobster night in
our regular rotation....

i bet a lot of people would disagree with me, but...we ate at palo's on the gala menu/formal night and did not miss a thing in our opinion. we made it to our seating to join the rest of our family before they were finished with dinner to look over the gala menu. it didn't look (or taste, according to the fam) much better than the other nights menus. that's not to say it wouldn't have been delicious anyway. palo's is just a step above everything, everyday. whatever you decide just enjoy where you are to the fullest.

EDIT: oops!!! thought the question was, would you rather eat during formal night in your rotation or go to palo's. it's been a long day. sorry. :p hope you get some good answers.

We just got back from the Eastern, we did not have lobster on Sunday Formal night. It was on the menu on Thursday, semi-formal. And boy have they changed. Nice big juicy lobster instead of 2 small ones.

I got the lobster tails before and found them very dry and not very good at all. They have changed this? Given that I am from New England I thought I had been spoiled with our lobster up here....

I would rather do Palo than Chef's Gala, if that was the only night availble at Palo. Otherwise I would book Palo another night.

I'm of the opinion that Palo is the best meal on the ship, so I book dinner there when it makes most sense (i.e. for a birthday or something like that), then let everything else work itself out. In other words, we work in the dining rooms around our Palo night(s), not the other way around. I've said before that I feel people worry way too much about which night to book Palo. Just pick a night and go, it will always be better than the dining room. We've gone to Palo on formal night, tropical night, small world night, and never though we'd missed out on anything in the dining room.

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter