Car hire

davidmolliesmum

i must resist chocolate... i must resist chocolate
who are you booking car hire with?
I can only find crazy prices.
I need a car from 19th December to 2nd January standard or convertible ?

I just booked with BA for 10 days in Dec £270 for a SUV, as an Exec Club member you get a couple of days free and an additional driver. I couldn't beat it despite looking all over!

I’ve priced with BA as I have avios with them but it’s still coming in around £1,000!

I just booked with BA for 10 days in Dec £270 for a SUV, as an Exec Club member you get a couple of days free and an additional driver. I couldn't beat it despite looking all over!

I’ve priced with BA as I have avios with them but it’s still coming in around £1,000!
Wow! Have you tried Skyscanner/Kayak for comparisons? Car hire seems to have jumped up in price loads the past few years. I remember paying about £300 for a top car for three weeks in 2013!

I think it must be to do with being there over Christmas?! Bizarre but the prices are crazy on every website!

I always use Alamo. It is easy to book, never found it to be too expensive, and they have never given me any problems with not having a US driving licence. Plus, unlike some, all of the right insurance tends to be included.

My experience is that you need to read the small print very closely. I have hired with Alamo, Dollar and Avis on about 26 trips and found that who you book through makes a big difference to the insurance cover. Recently I expected full CDW and roadside assistance but when I read the small print the full CDW covered the hire vehicle only and there was a limit of 2000 USD cover provided by the intermediate agent against any third party claim for damage. So If I hit a new Mustang and wrote it off there would have been an insurance shortfall of over 40,000 USD. This was with one of the named hire companies and through one of the recommended booking agents listed in a previous post. BUYER BEWARE!! ;)

Just jumping on this thread for a question about car hire. I have booked through Alamo and wondered if I needed my paper licence. Im sure I didnt in 2014 when we last went but my wife seems to think we do and we cant find it anywhere.
Thanks in advance

Just jumping on this thread for a question about car hire. I have booked through Alamo and wondered if I needed my paper licence. Im sure I didnt in 2014 when we last went but my wife seems to think we do and we cant find it anywhere.
Thanks in advance

Newly issued licenses no longer come with a paper counterpart as the DVLA now issue a code that you can present for the car hire company to use and check whether or not you have any points added to your license. You apply for the code online just before you go and it is valid for a limited time only. Having said that we were never asked for our paper license and weren't asked for the DVLA code this summer either.

Mrs TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!