car rentals best advice

chrisd596

DIS Veteran
From all your experiences....what is the best way of securing the best rate at the MCO airport. Using sites as Travolicity, etc has that helped?? Which companies to stay away from? etc

General info would be appreciated.

Thanks

You will get lots of answers and opinions here:p Everyone has an opinion/experience with different car companies.

Just my personal opinion;) I usually use Travelocity, Expedia etc. as guides to what the going rates are. I also frequent the boards looking for codes. I'm signed up with several of the rental companies to receive email's from them advertising their specials. I tend to stick with Dollar, I have the best luck with rates with them. and for the most part, I'm happy with their service, I use them when I travel other places too. I go directly to their site and plug in dates, times etc., and any codes I've found. Even after I make a reservation, I check back frequently up til my trip, using different codes or heeding advice I've seen on the boards about best deals and make a new reservation at perhaps a lower rate.

The best advice is to do your homework, be diligent and listen to others here on the board, you can find a wealth of info and also save yourself some $$$. Case in point, I've had a ressie with Dollar since January for an upcoming trip, and by keeping an eye on it, I've lowered my weekly rate 3 times saving about $100 over the coarse of my 16 day rental need.

Hope this helps and I'm sure others will give some advice too:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter